Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace the M8S PRO L Lean back Launcher

Replace the M8S PRO L Lean back Launcher

I hope it can help. These steps was gathered through youtube videos and some internet reading and it worked for me.

Disclaimer:
    I'm a newbie and I don't know if my M8S Pro L was rooted. I tried to use KingoRoot and it failed, but I still manage to change the Launcher.
    Maybe the device was already rooted. If after these steps it does not work because it needs to be rooted. Then I would advice to do so.
    There are people in FREAKTAB much more qualified than me to help you. I also use and app dis abler, it did not work for me. That is why i used these steps.

To change the Lean back Launcher of the M8S PRO L (inexperience newbie)

What I used:

1) WinSCP for Windows PC
    2) SSHDroid apk.
    3) Launcher for Android TV (I used TV Launcher 3.1.1 apk)

Steps:

1) I installed and customized the TV Launcher 3.1.1 apk (in the M8S PRO L)
    2) I installed SSHdroid apk (in the M8S PRO L)
    3) I installed WinSCP (in the Windows PC)
    4) I opened the SSHdroid (in the M8S PRO L) and noted the (IP) RooT@:
    5) I opened the WinSCP (in the Windows PC) I wrote the (IP); the Username is: root and password is: admin
    6) In the second window of the winSCP I clicked on the up arrow until I saw a group of folders with one containing the name: com.google.android.leanbacklauncher.
    I think it was [data/data] section.
    7) I opened terminal.
    8) In the command box: I wrote: adb devices (It did not work)
    9) In the command box: I wrote: adb shell (It did not work)
    10) In thecommand box: I wrote: pm hide com.google.android.leanbacklauncher( The first try it did not work, I did the steps from 4 to 10 and it WORKED!
    11) I turned off my android tv box and rebooted.
    12) It asked what Launcher I wanted to use. I clicked TV Launcher (Just once). I played with it and rebooted several times. Once I was confident.
    13) I rebooted it and clicked TV Launcher (Always).
    14) No more Lean back Launcher (I personally don't like it)

If it did not work, I was ready to install another ROM. This would have required that I opened the tv box because there is no RESET button on the M8S PRO L (Another thing that I don't like)
    I used this as a guide line. More experience people can make the process better.

Maybe there is another method? I also have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate. In this one I did:

1) installed and customized the TV Launcher 3.1.1
    2) In the settings, I went to app and selected Lighthome Launcher.
    3) In the section Open default. I selected clear default.
    4) I pushed on my remote the home button.
    5) a window appeared and ask wich launcher I wanted.
    6) I selected TV launcher, (Always)

If I want to revert to the Lighthome launcher. I do the same steps, except in step (2) I select TV Launcher and in step (6) I select Lighthome launcher.
    Since I already did the M8S Pro L. I didn't want to mess it up. But it is possible that i could be the same process.

Comment

Working...
    X