CSA93 WiFi antenna Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA93 WiFi antenna Question

I have 2 CSA93 boxes with differing wifi performance (5dB or more) - I've checked one against the other in terms of wiring and soldering, checked for shorted shielding etc.

The workmanship is fairly dodgy but I can't seem to find anything definitive on one vs the other but it leads me to the question I have regarding the twin external antennae.

On both boxes, one antenna has a shielded cable and one is unshielded - see photo

Can someone pls explain the reason for this and would replacing the unshielded cable with shielded improve matters??

Thanks

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Hello,

From the Photo what I can see is that the Grey Cable is only connected to Ground.
    So the Grey Cable do nothing.
    This can be a reason for a bad Signal.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks neomode - there appear to be 5 pads in total - grd and signal for the shielded cable - the one the grey wire is soldered to- plus one 'central' small pad also on the grey solder blob and then the isolated lower pad ... would the unused pad be a signal pad do you think.??

Why so many pads?? - Maybe I should just try hooking the grey to the signal pad of the shielded cable

I've seen a few photos of other boards connected like this - weird - why would they bother ?? - also noted a single antenna type using the grey series of pads but its an 8223 wifi chip - see photo - maybe the boards are made to suit both wifi chips and maybe different pinouts?? - guessing guessing

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X