Partial Success! Key remapping for passing on to Shield TV apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Success! Key remapping for passing on to Shield TV apps

I found an old shield app that does not break when used on my box, as all newer apps will detect my box ad non shield tv, or are made for oreo only.

my question is the app only accepts shield tv controler key mapping... is there a fake shield tv controller app that allows standard game contollers to work with shield tv only apps?

or is there a way to make tincore key remapper work with air mouse to push key remapped keys to shield tv apps?

thank you

I found some headway... but not clear on how it works as of yet. This app is a bit complex, and i am clueless on how to keep the config to stick.

The good news is, on a full keyboard air mouse you can use the enter key to make your selections. So once you move the mouse to a particular area, the enter key will used to select it, rather than the select key on the Dpad.

Trouble is I cannot figure out how to make the keyboard pop up for search and most important user account information for logins. Other than that, The older Shield TV apps will work just fine on our ATV enabled boxes.

Now I will search for more Shield TV steaming apps that are not available on google atv apps store. Hopefully I will find NBC Sports, My5, ITV and SBS OnDemand. The only thing needed for the Shield TV apps to function, is to get keyboard entry to function using the Tincore keyboard mapper app.

Comment

hmm.. perhaps
      Aurora Store - a Google Play Store alternative Now have access to Play Store without GooglePlayServices ( see xda forum)
      But most important : it supports spoofing devices.. including Nvidia shield TV
      just a thought..

Comment

Thank you, but it seems using early Shield TV apps without reverse engineering the apk, will not launch android keyboard.

I did try another method. I used a virtual reverse mirroring app to send real time touch screen input from my tablet, as a controler to my TV box . The Shield TV app does process touch screen input much smoother and is a lot better than any other remote method, but still will not launch android keyboard.

I may give a try with installing leanback keyboard and setting it as default. Hopefully it has a call routine that is shared by Shield TV apps. If I can get this app to use a keyboard, then i can start loading more shield tv apps and run them.

Comment

Well, I gave up on key mapping, so I turned my 4 year old tablet into a portable smart TV without the tuner built in.

​​​​​​Since the BBC iplayer for nvidia does support touch activity, it was a no brainier to load it on my tablet. No nvidia mods required.

So anywho, the nvidia app is nothing without it's web interface, I was lucky I spotted it and grabbed it to side loading.

Either I can hard wire a HML HDMI connection or use a single for miracast to have my tablet be a touch screen head unit for a projector or dumb tv, or even a car media system with remote displays.

Since testing, many strictly ATV apps run on tablets, the bugaboos are ESPN, Fox Now, Fox Sports Go, Live Channels, and a few others. As they will partially function, or do nothing at all.

The key is to make sure you keep any ATV remote functions from being added to stock tablet firmware. No need for notouch delecate, tv remote, tv settings, leanback launcher, framework packing tubs, ATV widget, app drawer, global keyinterceptor, overscan, provision, and remote control service.

A very minimal ATV patch to allow ATV apps to operate with tablet apps without loss to tablet function and layout. Though you can make your tablet settings nicer for landscape by setting the device in build prop to tv. It will make stock settings more usable for landscape.

Comment

Working...
          X