X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here source code link from Github website

Source code, not APK file.

APK file,

Amlogic drivers were broken(?) for Android 6 and 7, not sure status of Android 9.
    This was made for past generation, including our obsolete s912 chip set.
    Last edited by ReaperMan; 04-20-2020, 22:46.

Comment

Another source for download AFRd app :

Today we want to echo the AFRd app to get automatic framerate switch in the TV-Box with a Amlogic SoC. An app that automatically synchronizes the refresh

Comment

tanks for theses reply .

but based on the comment on github , afrd seem to be work only with the oldest android version .
        Not with the 9.
        I will test is and keep you in touche .

Comment

Originally posted by guigux View Post
          tanks for theses reply .
          but based on the comment on github , afrd seem to be work only with the oldest android version .
          Not with the 9.
          I will test is and keep you in touche .
          It does work on Android 9, the most recent custom Amlogic Pie ROMs found here on FreakTab all include AFRd because it works; if your device does NOT have Root then it will not work.

Comment

yep , it s right .
            tested the afrd on two different boxes based on amlogic s905x3 , android 9 alice ux one in 4K , one in Hd ,
            seem to switch correctly the refresh rate , and killed the judder problem

Nice ! :-)

Edit ;Amaizing piece of work
            switch correctly between 50/60/24:... tested with many videos ( lots of resolution codecs ...)
            Relly nice !
            Last edited by guigux; 04-21-2020, 17:53.

Comment

Hello.
              is it possible to make afrd stay at 60 frames per second?
              Would it be possible to blacklist an application in afrd?

Thank you

Comment

I don't believe you can blacklist specific apps.
                You can blacklist some refresh rates.

Modern HD movies play at different fps...23/24, 59/60 ... 30 fps and above content seen as made for T.V..
                Peter Jackson's:The Hobbit was filmed @ 48fps.

Automatic switching forces your China Box to continue playing smoothly(viewing content as the director intended).

Comment

I'd love to get this working on the new Chromecast with Google TV as I believe it has the correct soc for this but it need super user privileges. I know this means I need to root the Chromecast but I'm not sure how this is done in android 10... Or if it's possible

Comment

I've never tried Google TV, if the Bootloader(?) in not locked you might be able to root.

If no one else responds you will have to Google/ unofficial GoogleTV support forums.

??https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/magisk.5903/
                    ??https://forum.xda-developers.com
                    ??https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/r...gletv.2383195/
                    ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3IlbpfoFk

Comment

I would like to ask for help regarding with my Beeling GT King Pro with Alvatech Custom ROM,

I have Installed AFRd and I dont how to fix this issue that I get everytime,.
                      I always experience blackscreen right after I play a movie, app, or I just exit an app.

and I also get a CRASH report everytime maybe 10-15 times jn just 30 minutes.

I hope someone can help me.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Comment

@iJunb0y,

Did you enable root in settings?

Take a look at tutorial to reduce the black screen affect; also, youtube has a few video how to's.
                        Today we want to echo the AFRd app to get automatic framerate switch in the TV-Box with a Amlogic SoC. An app that automatically synchronizes the refresh

Keep in mind that your T.V. may not be compatible with refresh rate switching .

Clean data and uninstall app, then reinstall to help stop crashes from bad cache.

Alvatech has already mentioned he does not directly support AFRd

Comment

Good day Dev,

Dev I was force to Reset my device Yesterday as I am annoyed of the BlackScreen Hang,

What I did after the Resetting is that I enabled Developers Option, Turned Off all ON Features (Including ROOT), Never Install AFRd, and now its Fixed..

No More issue.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good option.
                            (I'm not the Dev? )

Comment

Somebody knows if works for S905x4?

Comment

If it's rooted there a chance it will work, best to back up with TWRP and then try.

Comment

Working...
                                X