AFRd: Auto Frame Rate Daemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFRd: Auto Frame Rate Daemon

This is not my work nor storage, be kind and re-upload to maintain access. (Remember to support the Dev((anpaza)) if you find their efforts helpful).
    (You may need a rooted device for this to work?)

Developer: Andrey Zabolotny, anpaza @ w3bsit3-dns.com

Homepage: https://github.com/anpaza/afrd AFRd: Auto Frame Rate Daemon .... automatic frequency/refresh rate switching Tool

ru.cobra.zap.afrd-0.3.2.apk

Info:

"AFRd is a program for Android TV devices based on the chips Amlogic , which implements the switching frequency of the vertical scanning in accordance with the frame rate of the video you are watching. AFRd is not tied to a specific distribution (it has been tested and works on Android 6.0 , 7.0 , 8.1 , 9.0) or a specific chip, and will work on a variety of devices. To date, AFRd has been tested and works on ATV devices based on S905 , S905W , S912 , S905X2 , S905Y2 chips and also, it is possible that others."

Source code, not APK file.

APK file,
    https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/uKWfuOho/file.html

Good link for download and setup posted by: RiCkLaR_atvX

https://androidpctv.com/afrd-automat...amlogic-tvbox/

Bottom line for me: Foreign streams in Kodi(Krypton 17.6) connect and play instead of falling back to source selection.

Last edited by ReaperMan; 04-20-2020, 23:02.

This app works like a charm on the Amlogic boxes. Automatic frame rate switching works on most players!
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Agreed, the AFRd is a great App. No more frame jutter because of watching content not at it's native Frame Rate. App works perfectly, have only been using it on S912 and S905Y2 devices, didn't have to change any settings, works like a champ with the default settings.

Comment

The author of that software cells that it is open source and can be used free of charge.
        I asked Beelink if they could include that into their future firmware for their boxes. Then the only thing left to have these boxes to be almost perfect used to have HD audio pass-through.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Made a video that shows the Automatic Frame Rate Switching with Andrey Zabolotnyi's AFRd apk. This is using the Beelink GT1 mini@2 with the new Amlogic S905X3 SoC. It works very well using any of the players, including Kodi and VLC.

Testing the newest Android box using the latest Amlogic SoC, S905X3, the Beelink GT1 Mini 2. Using VLC, it does passthrough the DTS HD audio codecs, but NOT...

Comment

clarkss12
            Hi,
            I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Beelink "App_Market" that is included inside factory Beelink ROMs now includes the AFRd apk for direct download to your Beelink devices.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
              clarkss12
              Hi,
              I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Beelink "App_Market" that is included inside factory Beelink ROMs now includes the AFRd apk for direct download to your Beelink devices.
              Good information, thanks

Comment

Get message: AFRd requiers Superuser privileges to run ? What to do?

Comment

Verify if your China Box is rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                    Verify if your China Box is rooted?
                    Using KM9, not rooted. Need root with Magisk?

Comment

Without a rooted device, many apks that control system/services can not run properly.

Comment

Yes i know now. I need only apk?
                        Can you recommend some settings in afrd for best using?

Comment

These setting may not be best...just what I use and what my 4K T.V. seems to handle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-144726.png
Views:	9308
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	787226

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-144701.png
Views:	8966
Size:	953.7 KB
ID:	787228

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-144726.png
Views:	9004
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	787230

Your T.V. may need different settings, if it does not smoothly transition to other refresh rates.
                          Attached Files

Comment

First and Last images are same, can you upload last image properly?

Comment

I've never used or experienced any app like this, and it came enabled on the ROM that I'm using, but I find the constant little comic strip type window pop ups really annoying.

I'm unsure of what any of the settings mean, or what it actually does, but because the pop ups annoyed me, I turned it off. There's not much out there in the way of a user guide, or mention of what any of the settings do, or what they mean.

If anyone actually knows at like a power user level what any of it means, it would be most helpful to know, and if it's a positive app, that can run without the pop ups, and do its thing, I'd like to know that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X