AFRd: Auto Frame Rate Daemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More about AFRd here.
    I am no power user of AFRd, I have very little experience with it. However, there is a setting that will stop the popup(frame rate change), see picture...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AFRd-Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	787298
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 10-29-2019, 17:47.

Comment

The only setting I change from default that was annoying me on a Samsung TV was the delay that reverts back to original frequency after a video stops, it is under Switch timings withthe default setting of 10 seconds which is displayed as 10000 ms, I switch that to 3 seconds which is input as 3000 ms.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        More about AFRd here.
        I am no power user of AFRd, I have very little experience with it. However, there is a setting that will stop the popup(refresh rate change), see picture...
        Click image for larger version Name:	AFRd-Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	787298
        I saw that but was afraid to change anything without knowing 100% what anything did. I just know that it was constant, whether I was watching something or not. I assume after changing that, it would be best to restart box?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
          The only setting I change from default that was annoying me on a Samsung TV was the delay that reverts back to original frequency after a video stops, it is under Switch timings withthe default setting of 10 seconds which is displayed as 10000 ms, I switch that to 3 seconds which is input as 3000 ms.
          Is that on a 1080P or 4K TV? I just wonder how relevant using any of this is for me, since I have a 1080P TV, and and Darbee Darblet.

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
            Is that on a 1080P or 4K TV? I just wonder how relevant using any of this is for me, since I have a 1080P TV, and and Darbee Darblet.
            The AFRd settings are not too complicated, the settings are labeled with exactly what they do for the most part, and 1080P or a 4K TV will react the same because the app only changes the TV refresh-rate and doesn't matter what the picture pixel density(1080p or 4k) is. The determination of what settings to choose is relative to how old your TV is if it can handle all the frequencies display options, if not then choosing settings like the "Prefer exact refresh rates" might benefit your viewing experience. For the most part the app can be used with the default settings, whenever changing settings in an app that you might not fully understand what it is doing, always go slow and change one setting at a time then test it out for few days, so if you have to change it back it is easy to remember what you changed in the first place.

Comment

The AFRd settings are not too complicated, the settings are labeled with exactly what they do for the most part, and 1080P or a 4K TV will react the same because the app only changes the TV refresh-rate and doesn't matter what the picture pixel density(1080p or 4k) is. The determination of what settings to choose is relative to how old your TV is if it can handle all the frequencies display options, if not then choosing settings like the "Prefer exact refresh rates" might benefit your viewing experience. For the most part the app can be used with the default settings, whenever changing settings in an app that you might not fully understand what it is doing, always go slow and change one setting at a time then test it out for few days, so if you have to change it back it is easy to remember what you changed in the first place.
              +1
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post

I saw that but was afraid to change anything without knowing 100% what anything did. I just know that it was constant, whether I was watching something or not. I assume after changing that, it would be best to restart box?
                As it applies to this setting, the change took effect without rebooting.

Comment

To quote Back to School, "Good answer, good answer." (in my best Sam Kinison voice)

Comment

Am I correct to say that AFRd and the apk requires root to work ? Is there away to have AFRd functionality without rooting the system ? 

Comment

As far as I know, it requires root access, but not a dev. 

Comment

I have some problems with some apps like smart tv, when afrd switch to 50hz the screen is not smoth, but when i select from android settings 1080p50hz then picture is smooth on 50fps content. Anyone knows is there fix for that?

Comment

Read the faq and the read.me at original site. https://github.com/anpaza/afrd

Playback is not smooth or refresh rate switching is not smooth?
                          ( I might be totally wrong...Your China Box is hardware/HDMI handshaking to your T.V., AFRd acts as an in-between software(best guess) scenario for media.)

Write down your current settings and try testing the values in increments.
                          Try in settings: "Prefer exact refresh rates" . See if that makes a difference?
                          Try other settings?

Post your findings

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post

( I might be totally wrong...Your China Box is hardware/HDMI handshaking to your T.V., AFRd acts as an in-between software(best guess) scenario for media.)

Try other settings?

Post your findings
                            I have default settings, but my 50fps stream is not smooth with afrd like when i switch in android settings 1080p50hz and then reboot.
                            I will try some settings

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post

Try other settings?

Post your findings
                              Nothing with "Prefer exact refresh rates". Nothing changes.

Comment

hello

this daemon still work on android 9.0 ?

where can i found it ? the downloads links for the apk are brokens ?

regards

Comment

Working...
                                X