Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3, AP6255 - reset pins if the TV Box is bricked

Google translator from Slovak language:

The Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3, motherboard AP6255, has found the connection pins to reset the TV box.

The USB Burning Tool from Amlogic must be used for resetting.

Approach:
    1. turn on the "USB Burning Tool" program on your computer,
    2. open the box,
    3. connect the USB cable Computer with TV box USB-OTG port (first USB port on TV Box is USB-OTG - see as picture),
    4. find the "Reset IC-Reset chip" as in the picture and just tap the small screwdriver into the first 1 to 4 pins. Do not hold the screwdriver on the pins for a long time - the computer will fail and then restarted - it is very sensitive to computer restart. I don't know if you need to connect 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 pin - but right at the beginning of the chip is the right reset.
    - when connected correctly, "USB burning tool" will report "Connect success". - then just select the "img" program in the "USB burning tool" program and flash the TV Box.

Recommendation: Turn on the sound card on the computer - if a connection is made when resetting the chip pins, the sound from the speaker will tell you and you do not have to keep looking at the monitor to see if there is a "Connect success" message.

PS: Personally, it came out 3 times and the computer did not go wrong and the TV box goes fine.

Unofficial and official "img" programs for TV box Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3 AP6255 with "USB Burning Tool" I saved on this link:
    Link for firmware to Mecool BB2 2/16 GB - with colour screen RGB8 settings (no pink screen on old TV SONY) GI_iTV912-NHG47L-20180116.204232.V0928.img in zip file origin link: https://mega.nz/#!vBlWSQCY!Sdhk5SrbL...gwZi_kQ0zpw5Tg (https://mega.nz/#!vBlWSQCY!Sdhk5SrbLSOonokBGPkuw5KCARex4gwZi_kQ0zpw5Tg) my privat link (download

Good luck

Click image for larger version  Name:	01 reset pins Mecool BB2 2-16 GB DDR3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	784303

Click image for larger version  Name:	01b reset pins Mecool BB2 2-16 GB DDR3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	784304

Click image for larger version  Name:	USB-OTG Mecool BB2 2-16 GB DDR3.jpg Views:	11 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	784305
    Last edited by Gustav; 09-22-2019, 02:07.

Nice

Comment

USB Burning Tool does not recognize the box. After shorting the pins, the following message appears: last usb device connected malfunctioned etc. Windows 10, USB Burnig Tooll ver. 2.1.7.3, World Cup drivers installed, driver signing disabled. What else can I do?

Comment

Hi Kirek50', you install USB burning tool version 2.0.8. I was working with this version for reset bricked TV box. May by this action will OK.

Comment

Link for USB burning tool version 2.0.8 is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17g0...WVAvBPcLK/view

Comment

Thank You. I will try tomorrow. But it seems to me that it's a Windows problem, as if it didn't see the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirek50 View Post
              Thank You. I will try tomorrow. But it seems to me that it's a Windows problem, as if it didn't see the driver.
              May by help change usb port on pc. Sorry, I cannot good write english.

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav View Post

May by help change usb port on pc. Sorry, I cannot good write english.
                I already did it - I tested six ports.

Comment

I did tests on three computers (Win10) with no effect. Every time the system message: "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned"
                  Maybe I will try with another cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirek50 View Post
                    I did tests on three computers (Win10) with no effect. Every time the system message: "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned"
                    Maybe I will try with another cable.
                    I haven't encountered such a TV boxing mistake yet. I'm sorry I can't advise you. I use a 1m long usb 3.1 cable.

Comment

Hello guys, I had a similar problem. But I managed to flash the firmware. In my case it was the cable.
                      But I ended up brick again. Now the red LED is on directly and not even shortcut on pins 3 and 4 of the IC Reset Chip.
                      Did the box break forever ??

Comment

As I wrote here, I have a Mecool BB2 2 / (not pro) 16 GB DDR3 box. After uploading the firmware, atvXperience_v2F_s912 stopped at the logo and that's it.
                        I performed the steps described here, and with the third USB cable it worked. The box connects to the computer, the firmware flashing is successful, but the box does not respond to the remote control, the blue LED is on and the screen is dark when connected to the tv. I have tried several different firmware and the effect is the same.
                        What basic files can I flashing to run it?

Comment

Working...
                        X