X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sstavross
    replied
    Originally posted by Lusiferinos View Post

I too have the same sometimes. Not in Android but in Coreelec through the sd card. TV goes Black after i press stop movie, due to refresh rate change. I can see that cause the tvbox is working. If i press play tv goes back on so i am pretty sure it is the framerate
    I have not tested yet the COREELEC system, I am sure that it will be ok, expect this minor issue you mention...
    I have messed around with a lot of firmwares on android, the best playback in Kodi was with poisonrom V2. I test with the same file in all the roms, a 24Hz 720p mkv file. Only in Poison V2 (Android Tv rom) I have no stuttering.. Maybe it has to do with the launcher?? i don't know... I also check the newest version of firmware fo our box, -Alice-TX9S-20191212. It has a lot of stuttering! I did install SPMC and to my surpise, the file played very smooth! I disabled mediacoder hardware accelaretion and I left only amcodec. Also framerate change in SPMC works just fine without any help of other scripts!! So, the problem is with mediacoder or with some amcoder codec missing in the newest firmware of our box...

Another thing about framerate , I "discover" another addon for kodi that does excellent job in frame switching, Kodi addon that immediately switch back to the original frame rate of the box.

Leave a comment:

• Lusiferinos
    replied
    Originally posted by sstavross View Post
    Hi!

I have the same box and I had stuttering on android kodi... Also I had a problem after I stopped the movie, the Tv does't goes back to the original frame rate ( 60Hz). I found a post at Kodi forums, about an app that sets the correct frame rate. I test it and I has good results, try it if you want... the post is here. Did you have the not switching to the original frame rate too?

Just disable the option in playback setting of the box( not set to level 1 or level 2).
    I too have the same sometimes. Not in Android but in Coreelec through the sd card. TV goes Black after i press stop movie, due to refresh rate change. I can see that cause the tvbox is working. If i press play tv goes back on so i am pretty sure it is the framerate

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coupon.JPG
Views:	1377
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	798123

Leave a comment:

• sstavross
    replied
    Hi!

I have the same box and I had stuttering on android kodi... Also I had a problem after I stopped the movie, the Tv does't goes back to the original frame rate ( 60Hz). I found a post at Kodi forums, about an app that sets the correct frame rate. I test it and I has good results, try it if you want... the post is here. Did you have the not switching to the original frame rate too?

Just disable the option in playback setting of the box( not set to level 1 or level 2).

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied

I did mess with the settings but no luck so far
    The resolution has been changed due to auto frame rate, messed with it but no luck
    i tried a kodi fork with the same results

what worked was that i changed the original launcher with another one (ATV Launcher) and for now it seems the problem is somewhat fixed, although i think i have a very minor stuttering on some files probably not worth mentioning
    Also try nova launcher!

Leave a comment:

• Lusiferinos
    replied
    Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

3 more things...
    Go on settings/playback settings and ''play'' with what you'll see inside there !
    Also check the resolution if it has changed because of auto frame rate
    And finally have you tried and any fork kodi to see if there is any difference?
    I did mess with the settings but no luck so far
    The resolution has been changed due to auto frame rate, messed with it but no luck
    i tried a kodi fork with the same results

what worked was that i changed the original launcher with another one (ATV Launcher) and for now it seems the problem is somewhat fixed, although i think i have a very minor stuttering on some files probably not worth mentioning

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied
    Ok more feedback

I tested Tanix TX9S with Coreelec and to my surprise it works PERFECTLY. No stuttering at all, sound is working ok, my RII remote is working fine, CEC is fine, reboot/shutdown ok i am very happy with it. You just need to use Tanix TX92 2G (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit) Device Tree.

I used many popular addons, including 4k torrents etc. everything is working fine.

So the stuttering i am experiencing with Kodi in Android (in all video files) has to be firmware fault. Or at least i hope it is. I have to find a way to use another firmware somehow, cause it would be nice to have Coreelec's performance from inside Android.

3 more things...
    Go on settings/playback settings and ''play'' with what you'll see inside there !
    Also check the resolution if it has changed because of auto frame rate
    And finally have you tried and any fork kodi to see if there is any difference?

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied

Good to Know...Cheap at under $25

Maybe a delay if you order now thing hopefully will get back not to normal after Feb 10
    Be patient not a patient

Gearbest

Leave a comment:

• Lusiferinos
    replied
    Ok more feedback

I tested Tanix TX9S with Coreelec and to my surprise it works PERFECTLY. No stuttering at all, sound is working ok, my RII remote is working fine, CEC is fine, reboot/shutdown ok i am very happy with it. You just need to use Tanix TX92 2G (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit) Device Tree.

I used many popular addons, including 4k torrents etc. everything is working fine.

So the stuttering i am experiencing with Kodi in Android (in all video files) has to be firmware fault. Or at least i hope it is. I have to find a way to use another firmware somehow, cause it would be nice to have Coreelec's performance from inside Android.

Leave a comment:

• Lusiferinos
    replied

Yes it is!
    At least the one from gb
    Yeah i am looking to try something different since the stuttering is bad. Having something in mind?

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied

I am looking for another firmware (other than stock) because i get a lot of video stuttering when using Kodi (playback is not very smooth)

Is this the default firmware that it ships with?
    Yes it is!
    At least the one from gb

Leave a comment:

• Lusiferinos
    replied
    Stock firmware Android 9 (fake} 20191120 here :

Enjoy!
    I am looking for another firmware (other than stock) because i get a lot of video stuttering when using Kodi (playback is not very smooth)

Is this the default firmware that it ships with?

Leave a comment:

• gatos814
    replied
    Stock firmware Android 9 (fake} 20191120 here :

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• batkotivalio
    replied
    Hi, I've got Tanix TX9S Smart 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 and don't have write access to SD card and USB I cant create copy, move and ect. does someone fix this. all settings that I know are enabled. I tried to enable write access by several applications like fx explorer but it can not! What should be the problem?
    Last edited by batkotivalio; 01-19-2020, 15:58.

Leave a comment:

• styr
    replied
    Nicos17m, load this attached apk and reboot the box via apk to TWRP. If you do not have TWRP installed yet, then install first from your sd card, Working one at the moment is 3.2.1
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X