T95Z Plus occasionally freezes then stuck on boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95Z Plus occasionally freezes then stuck on boot

I have a T95Z Plus 3GB 32GB (no brand name for some reason) variant. I flashed the latest ATV Xperience ROM and used it like that for 1 year but lately it started to freeze up and brick. Rebooting didn't help and the only thing that did was re flashing the ROM. I changed the ROM to Poison ROM, than to RedPoison and finally reverted to a Stock ROM but for the Sunveil brand of the T95Z Plus (only thing I could find that worked with the USB burning tool). The behavior was the same unfortunately, it worked for 2 days at best than it would freeze and get stuck on the boot logo on reboot. Restarting in recovery mode and trying to factory reset didn't work, neither on TWRP or in the stock recovery. The device boots into recovery but when attempting to wipe data or executing any other command it would throw a can't mount 'x error'. No command worked.
    It seems like after the freeze the device looses access to the internal memory and all partitions.
    So my question is should I buy a new TV box or is there anything I can try to fix this behavior ?

Hope everyone is staying safe in these troubled times and any reply will be greatly appreciated. Cheers !
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Use a try
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Hey 1980 thank you for the reply.
      I tried flashing the image you provided but it failed every time with the following code [0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result. I tried different versions of USB Burning Tool but to no avail, same error code. Tried to change the cable but still didn't work. I tried flashing the old Sunveil stock ROM that I have and that flashed successfully just to make sure that something else isn't the problem. I'll try and re download the image again but it seems it won't work. I forgot to mention in the original post but the device is the normal RAM variant, not the LP RAM. Thanks again for your effort I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by kikooOOoo View Post
        Hey 1980 thank you for the reply.
        I tried flashing the image you provided but it failed every time with the following code [0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result. I tried different versions of USB Burning Tool but to no avail, same error code. Tried to change the cable but still didn't work. I tried flashing the old Sunveil stock ROM that I have and that flashed successfully just to make sure that something else isn't the problem. I'll try and re download the image again but it seems it won't work. I forgot to mention in the original post but the device is the normal RAM variant, not the LP RAM. Thanks again for your effort I appreciate it.
        Is yours dd3 or dd4 Yours is dd3, which one is dd4 ... dd3 is uploading
        Last edited by 1980; 04-18-2020, 20:35. Reason: https://mega.nz/file/fEt3UTzD#blcFeV-0WF7ovnwyb2B_KXR1Ae5rWlId87fxZPwJWLw

Comment

It is DDR3. Yes.

Comment

It is DDR3. Yes.

Comment

I just flashed the ROM, it flashed successfully everything is working. I will use it for a few days and report back, and hopefully it won't freeze anymore. Thank you!

Comment

I just flashed the ROM, it flashed successfully everything is working. I will use it for a few days and report back, and hopefully it won't freeze anymore. Thank you!
                If there is still freezing and bricking, it can only indicate that the box is damaged:

Comment

Working...
                X