Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX9S Bricked Help Please

hello

I flashed a atv 9 rom and it worked without problems but without knowing I tried to restore the tv box via TWRP and it failed,so now my box hangs on the boot logo

I tried amlogic burning tools and my pc cant read my box and the sd card method doesnt work,it show the green android logo for half a sec and it goes to the boot logo again.

also the short pin method that i found here didnt work for me,and the one from Vasily from 4pda didnt work also.

Is there any way to save my box?

Please help

Thanks
    Nick

If it boots up...even a little bit.... you only have a "Soft-Brick". If it is recognized by windows...ensure "Erase -Bootloader" is selected when going back to your last good firmware or factory firmware.
    You might have to try multiple firmware before finding a compatible to return to.

If you can short the pins....does it make any (ding) recognition in windows?
    (I almost destroyed pins in a China Box, scraping 20-30 times before working. )

Comment

It’s a soft brick yes because I can boot to recovery but I can’t manage to connect it to usb burning tools

Also I have a compatible but semi working twrp recovery and I can boot to it through the sd card if this help

I used to plug the power and usb and it was visible from the program Before the soft brick but now nothing

I didn’t scraped them to much to destroy them

I’ve done this in another box at least 10 times and it worked every time with this box I have no luck.

thanks

Comment

If you can boot to recovery with toothpick method should read as...

Example only

Amlogic/s912-...s912_/... your box chip
        Mhc19j/.....your box firmware
        Userdebug/ test keys
        Use Volume up/down and power
        Reboot sys now
        Reboot to bootloader
        Apply update from ADB
        Apply update from SD card
        Wipe Data/factory reset
        Wipe Cache Partition
        Mount sys
        View recovery logs
        Run Graphics..
        Power off.

1 First try wipe cache/wipe data factory reset.

2 Another method is boot to recover with toothpic
        Select apply update from SD Card.
        Side load Firmware with USB Thumbdrive

3 ADB .....advanced method

Comment

I managed to install another atv 9 firmware with the sd card method I just uncheck the erase boot loader method

but still I can’t connect it to usb burning tools

so is possible to install a android 7 rom with this method?

the file is img

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nikos17m View Post
            I managed to install another atv 9 firmware with the sd card method I just uncheck the erase boot loader method
            but still I can’t connect it to usb burning tools
            so is possible to install a android 7 rom with this method?
            the file is img
            thanks
            When switching Android versions' 7 to 9 or vice versa 9 to 7 you must "ERASE Bootloader" because they are completely different bootloaders for the different OS.

Best solution is to make sure you are on the latest Amlogic USB Burning Tool, version 2.2.0 or newer, run the Program as a Windows Administrator, and find the exact Pins to get your board to enter Mask-Rom-Mode so that the PC/Windows and Burning-Tool will communicate properly.

Note: I once had weird error one-time with Amlogic Burning-Tool where the USB-drivers didn't install, so just had to reinstall the program again on top of existing Tool and then it started working again. But if you are not sure what version you have or if you have been installing different versions on-top of each other, best thing is to remove all version from your PC and start with a Fresh-Install of the Burning-Tool.

Comment

I managed to revive the box

I tried to install the Vasily atv9 rom via sd card and it failed at the end but after that the box was visible from the usb burning tools again.

so I flashed my previous rom and now everything is back to normal.

Comment

Working...
              X