Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked S912 box, (emmc burned out), boot android from sdcard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked S912 box, (emmc burned out), boot android from sdcard?

Ok so this box just died randomly (h96 pro), the emmc is dead, bunch of bad blocks and errors in serial console, so I managed to boot coreelec and armbian using uboot.

while coreelec suits my needs for video playback I am missing web browsing ..etc (which is found in armbian but lacks video).

So basically my question is has any tried to boot Android off the sdcard / usb port instead of the internal emmc? I figure you would have to replicate the emmc partitions system / logo / dtb and add the uboot to sdcard

any ideas would be great

H96 Pro (S912), CZ-S32-V2.2 (EMMC 100% Died, still functional using Coreelec + SD Boot (uboot loader) / USB (coreelc))
    x96Q Max Pro (H616), Slow as F, runs hot, ok for movies.
    ChromCast Android TV - Great device but annoying no usb port.

A lot of work to make what is broken... usable.
    All this is out of my skill range.
    Hope this helps in concept..for coreelec

Amlogic will not help you. Their main focus is Android and in Android you can use browsers. CoreELEC doesn’t interest them. But I already gave you an answer. It is not possible unless you find a Webbrowser that can use framebuffer directly. But the problem is not Amlogic and not CoreELEC it is the browser. If you want brave you should ask them to implement this. There is however a mediacenter addon or a proof of concept to make a brower work:

Comment

Working...
    X