Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been reading this thread. Awesome work everyone.

Probably going to go the route of Stock look. Drill holes on top and bottom with rubber feet to get a little ventilation through the bottom.

Whats the best size Heatsink that will fit in the box?
    40mmx40mmx10mm max? 3M-8810 Aavid Thermalloy Premium Black Heat Sink (40mm x 40mm x 10mm) ?

chenrp - Where the heck did you get the Atom Heatsink? I've looked and cant seem to find it

Comment

Adding mecool cooling thread

Comment

got my new antenna... will mod the box and give a before and after results.

i will see if the antenna fits my INTEL ATOM HEATSINK...

Comment

I have a WiFi sticker antenna not a barrel one... and I have a pigtail external WiFi antenna and I wanna mod the box
          is the WiFi antenna only used for WiFi or bt as well?

any pictures of some one did it already?

Comment

* please delete this - error on submit pics
            Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2018, 16:18.

Comment

On playing Lineage 2 revolution the temp stay near 70 (c), i bought a 120mm cooler and i fixed with double sided tape. After this, the temp stay near 52 (c)

Comment

Since I had an old processor heat sink with copper pipes and some time for designing, I made a custom box and strange looking cooling installation
                Works well, while playing 4K high bitrate movie processor is not exceeding 45 Celsius degrees.
                Feet made from magnetic rubber, so it nicely sticks to the top of amplifier (but can be also mounted on a fridge door )
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• scooter2014
                  scooter2014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thars some cool headers on that hemi hehehehe. Well done love when it's different.

Originally posted by ExPrezes View Post
                Since I had an old processor heat sink with copper pipes and some time for designing, I made a custom box and strange looking cooling installation
                Works well, while playing 4K high bitrate movie processor is not exceeding 45 Celsius degrees.
                Feet made from magnetic rubber, so it nicely sticks to the top of amplifier (but can be also mounted on a fridge door )
                But your AVR, that you have you box sitting on, is really pumping out some heat..........
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

From and how did you make the box?

Comment

Quick mod on friends rkm 902ii

he said nothing fancy so 2 dollar fan and some glue. Done lol.

last one showing the 2 dollar bling effect
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Quick mod on friends rkm 902ii

he said nothing fancy so 2 dollar fan and some glue. Done lol.

last one showing the 2 dollar bling effect
                      Nice job, that should keep it cool and QUIET. thanks.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Great ideas here! Just got my device, still on original rom. First thing I noticed was the poor wifi signal, could only detect my room router. BT was also very weak, my PS3 controller was lagging at 5m. I removed the "tape" antenna and tried without it, still was able to detect my router signal but was little weaker. BT also got weaker. After that I soldered an sma plug and used a real antenna, now I get wifi signal from all my block. BT also improved a lot, I can connect my PS3 controller from the kitchen at 10m distance from my room with a wall and hall separating them. Signal went from water to wine!

Did anyone already tried some usb audio dongle with this box? I need microphone jack, just bought this thing: http://s.aliexpress.com/J3yiaaam?fromSns=Copy
                        Post with 1 views. H96 Pro Plus Antenna Mod

Comment

Hi. I made some changes , add heatsinks , holes and 5V fan.
                          I wanted to connect the fan to USB. I run a Libreelec on the box.
                          When switch thebox off , on the USB is still 5V, so fan always work.
                          I wonder where to get the power so the fan will not work when the box is off ?
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Samm View Post
                            Hi. I made some changes , add heatsinks , holes and 5V fan.
                            I wanted to connect the fan to USB. I run a Libreelec on the box.
                            When switch thebox off , on the USB is still 5V, so fan always work.
                            I wonder where to get the power so the fan will not work when the box is off ?
                            Hi ,

first , please make no double Threads , you can stay here for your "modding" Questions ,

not all USB ports support the 5V , try another one , then it must work , did you soldered it

inside , or with a USB plug from outside ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• gefattern
                              gefattern commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Info : i delete the double one .

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

first , please make no double Threads , you can stay here for your "modding" Questions ,

not all USB ports support the 5V , try another one , then it must work , did you soldered it

inside , or with a USB plug from outside ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
                            First thanks for double post warning.
                            You did not understand my problem.
                            On all USB is 5V ,even H96 Pro + is shut down from Libreelec., and fan is working non-stop.
                            Fan turns even the box is down.

Comment

Working...
                            X