Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 PRO Plus - and other cool hardware mods

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    How come?
    what is the tdp or watt usage of the CPU's?
    I haven't seen any holes in our pcb for the heatsink... Maybe completely different board.


    Quoting the temperatures tests for same chip different device
    "

    0 min: Temperatures started to climb rapidly from starting temperatures of 50 C (zone 0) and 44C (zone 1). The CPUs were operating nominally at 1.99 GHz (A72).

    +3 min: The zone 0 temperature started to hit a threshold of 70 C, at which point the A72 processors started to slow, initially alternating between 1.99 and 1.80 GHz. Handbrake performance is impacted by about -6%.

    +15 min: Zone 0 now ~73 C range, with processor speed continuing to step down, looking fairly stable at 1.42 GHz. Zone 1 temperature continued to climb, eventually stabilizing at around 67 C. Performance impact is about -20%.

    +20 min and beyond: Zone 0 temperatures fluctuating between 72 and 74 C, A72 processors operating mostly at 1.42 GHz, and occasionally dipping to 1.2 GHz. Zone 1 temperature is remain stable at around 67-68 C. Performance hit remains about -20%.
    "

    So it runs hot like our chip...

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by chenrp View Post
      How come?
      what is the tdp or watt usage of the CPU's?
      I haven't seen any holes in our pcb for the heatsink... Maybe completely different board.


      Quoting the temperatures tests for same chip different device
      "

      0 min: Temperatures started to climb rapidly from starting temperatures of 50 C (zone 0) and 44C (zone 1). The CPUs were operating nominally at 1.99 GHz (A72).

      +3 min: The zone 0 temperature started to hit a threshold of 70 C, at which point the A72 processors started to slow, initially alternating between 1.99 and 1.80 GHz. Handbrake performance is impacted by about -6%.

      +15 min: Zone 0 now ~73 C range, with processor speed continuing to step down, looking fairly stable at 1.42 GHz. Zone 1 temperature continued to climb, eventually stabilizing at around 67 C. Performance impact is about -20%.

      +20 min and beyond: Zone 0 temperatures fluctuating between 72 and 74 C, A72 processors operating mostly at 1.42 GHz, and occasionally dipping to 1.2 GHz. Zone 1 temperature is remain stable at around 67-68 C. Performance hit remains about -20%.
      "

      So it runs hot like our chip...
      well i only did quick tests like 10 min and media player only and dint get that hot!
      Since i dont use it as my main device (well to tell you guys the truth right now im not using any box.. no time for it), i dint game on it etc..
      Btw the app you have in the background influence a lot, like facebooks etc's.....(even if you close its not really 100% closed)

      Comment


        #18
        Another fan mod...looks nice.

        Comment


          #19
          Found some more pictures of a cooling mod...

          Comment


            #20
            Don't forget the two extra usb ports

            Comment


              #21
              replaced HD in my case with 128 Gb micro USB scan disk drive temps has drooped to 33c playing bluewave 1980 p movies

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
                replaced HD in my case with 128 Gb micro USB scan disk drive temps has drooped to 33c playing bluewave 1980 p movies
                What do you mean? What hd are you talking about?
                where did is the disk on key located...

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by chenrp View Post

                  What do you mean? What hd are you talking about?
                  where did is the disk on key located...
                  see page one I replaced the housing on my box and add a 2.5 SSD drive . removed it and used 128gb SanDisk usb drive instead dropping the temps even more

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Still think you should lose the original heatsink and temp will go lower.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	673133Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	673132
                      Originally posted by chenrp View Post
                      Still think you should lose the original heatsink and temp will go lower.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Just made a stealth heat sink to keep the oem look for my alfawise H96 Pro plus (with the s912).
                        My maximal temperature now tops up at 55ºC where before throttled at 70ºC.
                        Did't open any hole on the box (apart of the USB rectangles) but had to remove some little plastic tabs inside of the cover.

                        Photos on the post bellow.
                        Last edited by chaveiro; 09-27-2017, 17:20.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Excellent.

                            If the OEM did that
                            That will be 50$ for box and the weight that will be 70$ for shipping,
                            Good Job
                            tЯeboЯ
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

                            Comment


                              #29
                              chenrp where you plug the fan? have you a picture of?
                              Bonjour! Je suis de Shawinigan, Québec, Canada

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Soon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X