Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you managed to keep the heatsink in place and not falling to the sides...
    Last edited by trebor; 09-28-2017, 03:48. Reason: Has been moved, your friendly neighbourhood moderator ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
      How did you managed to keep the heatsink in place and not falling to the sides...
      silicone cgu paste and some Hotglue you do feel the heat in the top center running with a high temp of 32C now

Comment

I used double side tape on the usb connectors and a foam pad on the oposite side of the cpu to press the heat sink on it.

Comment

Originally posted by chaveiro View Post
          I used double side tape on the usb connectors and a foam pad on the oposite side of the cpu to press the heat sink on it.
          I couldn't fit any heatsink i have...not even an atom heatsink...

Comment

If you want to stick a Heatsink this is the good stuff cost a few bucks and worth it.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              If you want to stick a Heatsink this is the good stuff cost a few bucks and worth it.
              Looks tiny and tall...
              i think i can find better. From my measurements, we can fit 30x30mm heatsink with 0.7cm height

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                More towards the glue not the heat sink ;-)

All you need is one of the heatsinks shown in post

Few holes around the side of the box to allow circulation and some large rubber feet to get it up a little higher (5mm) job done easy.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                All you need is one of the heatsinks shown in post

Few holes around the side of the box to allow circulation and some large rubber feet to get it up a little higher (5mm) job done easy.
                What are the dimensions of your heatsink

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're not mine but they look 20 x 20 x 5...
                  Whatever fits should work,
                  or sit atop a laptop cooler

No i ment the other project...

What is the dimension of the fat and the thin blocks.

Comment

No i ment the other project...

What is the dimension of the fat and the thin blocks.

stacking them works I have the origanal heat sink sandwiched in between them then old scrap heatsink on top
                  28mm x 8mm Aluminum Xbox 360 RAM Memory Heat Sinks

http://www.****.com/itm/8pcs-Aluminu...-/281552767310

Comment

This is the mod i want... What are the dimensions of the fat and the thin one?

Comment

This is the mod i want... What are the dimensions of the fat and the thin one?
                      the large one is 3" x 2" 1 1/2 tall with a copper core forget what it was from some old scrap computer

its Overkill average temp is 33 to 34C I never go over 35C

Comment

I fitted an Odroid C1 heatsink to my H96 Pro+ with 3M 8815 Thermal tape
                        Its the new type H96 Pro+ top cover so it had a lip inside around 4mm that i had to shave off with a blade
                        Its actually touching the top of the case when closed up so its as tall as you could go for stealth

Its around 4 times the mass of the default silver heatsink that it came with

Comment

Originally posted by Shonk View Post
                          I fitted an Odroid C1 heatsink to my H96 Pro+ with 3M 8815 Thermal tape
                          Its the new type H96 Pro+ top cover so it had a lip inside around 4mm that i had to shave off with a blade
                          Its actually touching the top of the case when closed up so its as tall as you could go for stealth

Its around 4 times the mass of the default silver heatsink that it came with
                          http://www.hardkernel.com/main/produ...=G141637555371
                          Cool.
                          dimensions?

40x40mm?
                          I think that if it 40mm it will touch more components than needed...not cpu only.

Anyways, what is the temperature?
                          Last edited by chenrp; 10-02-2017, 04:14.

Comment

Cool.
                            dimensions?

40x40mm?
                            I think that if it 40mm it will touch more components than needed...not cpu only.

Anyways, what is the temperature?

im not sure of its dimensions and its sealed back up now but around 40x40x12 maybe or 40x40x10 not sure

temp its far better but hard to say for sure as i didnt do any directly comparable tests
                            it certainly doesnt ramp up in temp in an instant now as it can absorb far more heat than the stock sink

before with the default silver heatsink doing a full fresh smb kodi media scan on 70 TB of tv shows
                            it would go pretty much straight to 80 after maybe 30 seconds of scanning it stays under 65 doing that now
                            its around 49-50 playing a 1080p web-dl

with regards to touching other components its a case of checking before fitting it what not to touch e.g. whats higher than the soc
                            it wasnt hard and if you want stealth its just about the largest practical heatsink you can fit inside

so on the face of it 15 degrees cooler under load but its actually more than that if you think about it
                            doing an smb media scan it would hit 80 very fast (80 is when it gets thermal throttled hard )
                            so its staying at 80 whilst being throttled but now its under 65 not being throttled

setcpu stress test only loads 4 cores but that would take it to 80 promptly
                            setcpu stress test on 4 cores its in the 60's now
                            pressing home then loading another instant of stress test (bug on setcpu you can use on it to load all 8 cores)
                            its around 75
                            then firing up a kodi video so the gpu is used takes it to 80
                            but we are talking 100% cpu load here and gpu load

i have just ssh'd into it
                            its been sitting idle in libreelec all night and its temp is 46 thats idleing at min 1000

LibreELEC (community): 8.1.9 (S912.arm)
                            h96pro:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
                            h96pro:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
                            h96pro:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Last edited by Shonk; 10-02-2017, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
                            X