X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter2014
    replied
    Quick mod on friends rkm 902ii

he said nothing fancy so 2 dollar fan and some glue. Done lol.

last one showing the 2 dollar bling effect
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    commented on 's reply
    Thars some cool headers on that hemi hehehehe. Well done love when it's different.

• chenrp
    replied
    From and how did you make the box?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by ExPrezes View Post
    Since I had an old processor heat sink with copper pipes and some time for designing, I made a custom box and strange looking cooling installation
    Works well, while playing 4K high bitrate movie processor is not exceeding 45 Celsius degrees.
    Feet made from magnetic rubber, so it nicely sticks to the top of amplifier (but can be also mounted on a fridge door )
    But your AVR, that you have you box sitting on, is really pumping out some heat..........

Leave a comment:

• ExPrezes
    replied
    Since I had an old processor heat sink with copper pipes and some time for designing, I made a custom box and strange looking cooling installation
    Works well, while playing 4K high bitrate movie processor is not exceeding 45 Celsius degrees.
    Feet made from magnetic rubber, so it nicely sticks to the top of amplifier (but can be also mounted on a fridge door )
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    On playing Lineage 2 revolution the temp stay near 70 (c), i bought a 120mm cooler and i fixed with double sided tape. After this, the temp stay near 52 (c)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    * please delete this - error on submit pics
    Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2018, 16:18.

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    I have a WiFi sticker antenna not a barrel one... and I have a pigtail external WiFi antenna and I wanna mod the box
    is the WiFi antenna only used for WiFi or bt as well?

any pictures of some one did it already?

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    got my new antenna... will mod the box and give a before and after results.

i will see if the antenna fits my INTEL ATOM HEATSINK...

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    Adding mecool cooling thread

Leave a comment:

• spideymon
    replied
    Been reading this thread. Awesome work everyone.

Probably going to go the route of Stock look. Drill holes on top and bottom with rubber feet to get a little ventilation through the bottom.

Whats the best size Heatsink that will fit in the box?
    40mmx40mmx10mm max? 3M-8810 Aavid Thermalloy Premium Black Heat Sink (40mm x 40mm x 10mm) ?

chenrp - Where the heck did you get the Atom Heatsink? I've looked and cant seem to find it

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    All Mods welcomed

• trebor
    commented on Guest's reply
    Moved to H96 PRO Plus - hardware mods!

Guest replied
    Hey guy's i want to share this with you my easy fix for overheating just about any Android TV Box...I bought this Titan Dual-Way USB External Fan from Fry's electronics....don't think i can put there URL here, Frys.com 9.99 us $.....you don't have to solder a USB cable to it, cause it already has one on it.It's a 5V 8CM fan plugs into the USB port, all you need to do is get some spacers to lift it off the table.I used felt pads on the bottom and rubber bumpers on the top. I have been using this for over a week now and it hasn't froze on me once.After using this about 5 hours i checked it for being hot and its cool, so for under $15.00 us you cant lose.Any questions ask away...

Leave a comment:

• Jake360
    replied
    Not a H96 but it might give you some ideas, mecool ki pro with fan mod, box sits on glued on black Lego blocks to raise it up with original rubber feet from box, fan is 40x40x10 stock heatsink, fan runs from usb via a speed controller as the speed of fan was to noisy so now I can control speed and turn power down for less noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X