X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neutester View Post

What is it??? An aluminum Heat sink????
    Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink
      I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!

Comment

Originally posted by neutester View Post

I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!
        Please see previous mod! It is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
          here is a top case made with 3d printer

I added a bigger Heatsink to my H96 Pro+ Android mediaplayer. Unfortuanally the original Case do have no Airvent Holes at the Top so the SOC will step down when heating up. To get a better cooling of the components i decided to replace the Top lid with a custom printed one. Here is the .stl to share

That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.
            no need for vets as my early mod is already good enough. my temps won't got above 65 degrees.

Comment

Last edited by panchovilla; 11-16-2017, 01:58.

Comment

Latest cooling mod. I tried a tiny fan first, worked fine but it spun at 3000rpm and emitted an annoying whine.
                This is made from packing foam with cutout sized to accept a 5V laptop cooling fan. The foam is stuck to the case with 2sided tape at each corner. The fan is just press fit in place. I'ts purposely left protruding to create a chamber underneath. When I push the fan all the way down temps increase a few degrees. The alfawise logo strip is removed and heat sink replaced with a larger one with 3M thermal transfer tape. This fan moves the same CFM of air as the smaller fan but spins slower so is nearly silent. It's powered from a USB port on my Home Theater System.
                Idle temp 28-30C, Watching HD video 34-37C
                I also changed the stock 2.5A power supply for a 4A model. It doesn't even get warm.
                Edit: I measured the current draw of the USB fan. It draws 0.08 amp (80 ma)
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
                Last edited by imaddiced2u; 11-16-2017, 09:45.
                HK1 Pro Plus
                FlowFon F1
                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                MXQ Pro+
                R-TVBOX Mini+
                MK809III

Comment

This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG

Comment

Originally posted by mcerk02 View Post
                    This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG
                    That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.

Comment

That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.
                      I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....

Comment

I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....
                        I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.

Comment

I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.
                          Where did you get your replacement?

Comment

Where did you get your replacement?
                            Grab one at ****. Less than $8 delivered.

Comment

According to the pic of the fan it is draws 0.15 amp (150ma) at 12 volts. So it will draw 0.0625 amp (62.5ma) when connected to 5 volts but run slower and move less air. No problem for a USB port.
                              HK1 Pro Plus
                              FlowFon F1
                              MXQ Pro+
                              R-TVBOX Mini+
                              MK809III

Comment

I use this CPU Temp app to display CPU temperature. Turn on overlay in settings to leave temperature on screen when app is closed.
                                android apps, android games, download android games, best android apps
                                HK1 Pro Plus
                                FlowFon F1
                                MXQ Pro+
                                R-TVBOX Mini+
                                MK809III

Comment

Working...
                                X