X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 PRO Plus - and other cool hardware mods

Hi everyone,
    I see mods in different threads, so post your hardware mod , question here...

I wanna see mods like cooling vents, heat sink tweaks, fans , lights, board revision and more...

i even want to run this box on a power bank so it will run on battery in case of power failure when flashing...

Please collect your knowledge on cooling , tweaks , wifi antenna mod temperatures here...

Here is my mod for H96pro+.
    Cut a square hole on top of the CPU and glue a 4cm x 4cm fan using hot glue gun.
    The fan is power direct from pcb (solder from power connector), thus is running with 5VDC instead of 12VDC.

To make it look nicer, I have turn the box upside down and added 4 tiny legs to allow air flow.

The fan is put to blow air from bottom and hot air exit from top.

Temperature is not super but sufficient, idle around 52DegC and max around 62-64DegC.
    Mainly due under voltage to the fan, dun like to have many cable connected to the box and most important is virtually noise coming out from the box even I m just 0.5 meter infront of it.

Cheers. Happy Mod.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I wonder what temp r u getting without any fan...just the top opened...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	671933Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	671943Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	671942 My wooden Basket from Dollaramma case mod
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 12 photos.

Comment

Looks great. Too big for me,but i see you've installed cpu heatsink. How did you mount it?
          and i see HDD. What power supply are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
            I wonder what temp r u getting without any fan...just the top opened...
            On android 6.0 , just with few 5-6 mm holes on top, was around 65-68 degC.
            When upgraded to SC 7.1 , I m getting around 72-78 degC on max.
            ​​Worry of throttling performance, I bite the bullet to put a fan there.

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post

On android 6.0 , just with few 5-6 mm holes on top, was around 65-68 degC.
              When upgraded to SC 7.1 , I m getting around 72-78 degC on max.
              ​​Worry of throttling performance, I bite the bullet to put a fan there.
              Can a 30mm fan fit inside ?
              anyone knows why on android 7 the temps are higher?maybe on android 6 the sensor is not correct

Comment

First try was a simple cooling fan sucking air through the bottom case vents, it pulled air in the side vents...no case mods. temp was 45C watching live HD TV, never saw it go above 53C.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                HK1 Pro Plus
                FlowFon F1
                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                MXQ Pro+
                R-TVBOX Mini+
                MK809III

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	671991Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	671992Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	113.7 KB ID:	671994
                  Looks great. Too big for me,but i see you've installed cpu heatsink. How did you mount it?
                  and i see HDD. What power supply are you using?
                  heat sink is mounted with silicon grease and hotglue . using the original power supply and I have usb hub to power the HDD

stacking the CPUs works very well I was surprised at how warm the top large center core gets

temp 31 max 37 C
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Next modded case by prying off the logo strip. Removed the original heat sink and replaced it with two 30MMX30MMX10MM heatsinks stuck together. Leaned a USB fan against it, at idle got CPU temps of 30C and watching HD video got 35C.
                    With no fan, 44C at idle and 48C on HD video.
                    I closed in the top using the original logo strip and with the fan leaning against the heatsink measured 34C at idle and 37C on HD video. I ordered a smaller fan to stand up behind the heatsink.
                    A watt meter shows the box drawing 2-4 watts while playing HD video.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
                    HK1 Pro Plus
                    FlowFon F1
                    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                    MXQ Pro+
                    R-TVBOX Mini+
                    MK809III

Comment

Some nice work here i like it

Comment

Here is the h96 max (rk3399 cpu) heatsink

maybe it can fit in our box...
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Here is the h96 max (rk3399 cpu) heatsink

maybe it can fit in our box...
                          still needs some cooling holes . that H96 max is wicked fast

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post

still needs some cooling holes . that H96 max is wicked fast
                            Very powerful but i paid 47.5$ for the s912 model...can't beat that...

Comment

the max it actually runs very cool for the size of the case and the power of the cpu!

Comment

Working...
                              X