Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the latest version of my temp mod. The little 30mm fan came in. Instead of the two 30MMX30MMX10MM heatsinks standing up out of the case with fan leaning, I used one 30MMX30MMX10MM heatsink laying flat and stuck to the S912. I broke off 2 little tabs on the top of the case and it fit back on pretty well. Surprisingly the idle temp is still about 30C and watching same live HD channel as before was 2C lower at 33C.
    Although I use it on ethernet, I stood the wifi antenna up outside the case. I use bluetooth once in a while so it can't hurt.
    Heat sinks are actually measure closer to 29.7X29.7X9.5mm
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
      Here is the latest version of my temp mod. The little 30mm fan came in. Instead of the two 30MMX30MMX10MM heatsinks standing up out of the case with fan leaning, I used one 30MMX30MMX10MM heatsink laying flat and stuck to the S912. I broke off 2 little tabs on the top of the case and it fit back on pretty well. Surprisingly the idle temp is still about 30C and watching same live HD channel as before was 2C lower at 33C.
      Although I use it on ethernet, I stood the wifi antenna up outside the case. I use bluetooth once in a while so it can't hurt.
      Heat sinks are actually measure closer to 29.7X29.7X9.5mm
      That ain't pretty. LOL
      Sorry.

Comment

I used arctic cooling mx1 thermal compound and temps after 15 minuets stress test got 64 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
          That ain't pretty. LOL
          Sorry.
          Wasn't going for pretty, just the cool...lol
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

my 3. Alfawise H96 pro+ box is one of the cheaper one (only have 2 usb-ports) which i could not make working with SC-roms (see my separat posts). It´s working now with TVLauncher and i am happy that it works.
            But it get very hot, yesterday between 65-67 ºC even using a cooler and postioned opposite side up.

I did not want to make holes with broker, so i simply cut off the middle part of the top-logo (exactly where is the logo "Alfawise"). And now my temperature dropped about 10º C.

Easy and effective solution:

Comment

Removed the much larger and noisier blower. Zip tied this much smaller and lighter 5V cpu fan. Soldered the wire to the USB terminals ( one of the hidden ones ). Temperature has not gone over 60*c in two hours of Kodi. I'm at 50* now.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

i will buy 8 cm 5v fan for my box. can we get power from 3 pin white socket near the leds. sorry for my english.

Comment

Originally posted by Agronur View Post
                  i will buy 8 cm 5v fan for my box. can we get power from 3 pin white socket near the leds. sorry for my english.
                  I soldered mine to the USB leads. There are 4 each, the two outside ones are all you need.
                  Sorry, I can't take any pictures as I already super glued the case.

Comment

You solder the red and black wire there . Test it first b/c they are not interchangeable.
                    Attached Files

Comment

here is a top case made with 3d printer

I added a bigger Heatsink to my H96 Pro+ Android mediaplayer. Unfortuanally the original Case do have no Airvent Holes at the Top so the SOC will step down when heating up. To get a better cooling of the components i decided to replace the Top lid with a custom printed one. Here is the .stl to share

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
                        here is a top case made with 3d printer

I added a bigger Heatsink to my H96 Pro+ Android mediaplayer. Unfortuanally the original Case do have no Airvent Holes at the Top so the SOC will step down when heating up. To get a better cooling of the components i decided to replace the Top lid with a custom printed one. Here is the .stl to share

Excellent idea for a cooling solution. Any case top with holes is going to be better than the supplied one. Just spray with black car paint and it will look like an original part.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
                          You solder the red and black wire there . Test it first b/c they are not interchangeable.
                          Thank you panchovilla. but i dont know how to solder. if i cant use that 3 pin socket i buy a fan with usb connection. Like this

Comment

Originally posted by Agronur View Post

Thank you panchovilla. but i dont know how to solder. if i cant use that 3 pin socket i buy a fan with usb connection. Like this
                            That will work. You just need a hole on top of the box.

Comment

New mod maybe…
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
                                New mod maybe…
                                What is it??? An aluminum Heat sink????

Comment

Working...
                                X