X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samm View Post

First thanks for double post warning.
    You did not understand my problem.
    On all USB is 5V ,even H96 Pro + is shut down from Libreelec., and fan is working non-stop.
    Fan turns even the box is down.
    Hi ,

strange , maybe u can build in a switch ON/OFF Button ??? , not sure if works ,

but i think i already saw it somewhere ,

but is between "shut down" and "power off" not a difference in Rom ???

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Samm View Post
      Hi. I made some changes , add heatsinks , holes and 5V fan.
      I wanted to connect the fan to USB. I run a Libreelec on the box.
      When switch thebox off , on the USB is still 5V, so fan always work.
      I wonder where to get the power so the fan will not work when the box is off ?
      Hi Samm, I've read somewhere that you can probably get the 5V power from the LED. Usually the LED changes color, depending on whether the box is on (normally blue light), or off (red light). If you can get the power from one of the contacts powering the blue light LED (box is on), the fan will mostly turn off when the box powers down. Or so the thinking goes.

Comment

Schlafwandler

And there is middle led in standby mode and there could be connected fan.

Comment

This is my anti- heat mod.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Just look at mine. It is discrete and sufficient

Comment

another box with cooling fan and an external antenna
              Stock housing of H96 pro plus android TV BOX has bad cooling design and wifi antenna. So I made bigger box with fan and additional 2,4Ghz antenna. This is still in progress, needs to update holes a little bit. Current design is printed but a little bit modified with dremel. "Distancniki.stl" are just legs which are glued sperately. Didn't want to have so much support for first layers so I made like this.

anyone tried it?

Comment

Cooled by ATI

I've won more or less 15 degrees. The fan is welded to the power supply of a USB port. On SPMC watching a 1080p movie I am between 39 and 42 °c, ambient temperature 28 °c in the middle of July in the south of France. Fan does not hear you have to put your ear on it to hear a little something. It does not need to be fixed and I keep possible the opening of the box without problems
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Last edited by chenrp; 08-08-2018, 09:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Grum View Post
                    Cooled by ATI

I've won more or less 15 degrees. The fan is welded to the power supply of a USB port. On SPMC watching a 1080p movie I am between 39 and 42 °c, ambient temperature 28 °c in the middle of July in the south of France. Fan does not hear you have to put your ear on it to hear a little something. It does not need to be fixed and I keep possible the opening of the box without problems
                    Nest time, use a hole saw. lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F91629C-E174-4377-881F-B38C64FDC8ED.jpeg
Views:	694
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	739822 Added an external antenna. Good reception for 5g and 2.4ghz as well
                      Last edited by chenrp; 08-12-2018, 07:16.

Comment

Originally posted by ExPrezes View Post
                        Since I had an old processor heat sink with copper pipes and some time for designing, I made a custom box and strange looking cooling installation
                        Works well, while playing 4K high bitrate movie processor is not exceeding 45 Celsius degrees.
                        Feet made from magnetic rubber, so it nicely sticks to the top of amplifier (but can be also mounted on a fridge door )
                        Is this case 3D printed? Can you share the files?

Comment

This is for the h96 pro stick v2. Cooler is 30x30x20 and is perfect for these cpu for open air cooling. I have 2 one v2 high power cpu and one v2 low power cpu. The high power cpu runs about 62c at full tilt after and hour. the low power runs at 52c full tilt. Before these sticks were completely unusable. They constantly crashed, froze, overheated, and were just miserable. Works fine now just ugly. You can tell the difference between high power and low power as high power has an actual heat sink. Low power just has a piece of sheet metal glued to the cpu. I can not tell the difference in performance but i have not bench marked them. They both play 1080p over DLNA on wifi just fine, so i dont really care.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well, I decided to add my cooling mod. As of recent I get a stable 50° C while in use, with a big heat sink from a GPU, that I pried off my cousins game console, that barely allows the board to mount against the top cover tightly. Only removed the label on the top of the box as a vent.

Sure, you can get it cooler, but... it dont need no fan, and is factory slim. May cut out some aluminum screen material off my neighbors screen door, and mount a custom made grill to keep it clean looking.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                              Well, I decided to add my cooling mod. As of recent I get a stable 50° C while in use, with a big heat sink from a GPU, that I pried off my cousins game console, that barely allows the board to mount against the top cover tightly. Only removed the label on the top of the box as a vent.

Sure, you can get it cooler, but... it dont need no fan, and is factory slim. May cut out some aluminum screen material off my neighbors screen door, and mount a custom made grill to keep it clean looking.
                              True
                              check out my mod using intel atom heatsink and no fan

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

True
                                check out my mod using intel atom heatsink and no fan
                                Chenrp, I'd like to build your mod but cannot find the parts you refer to. Can you point me to where I can buy them. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X