Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article on the H96 Pro+ Component Changes.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on the H96 Pro+ Component Changes.

This review of the H96 Pro+ variants help depict how this model is being put around the twist with so many changes. ​​​​​​​
    The author/reviewer must have done a lot of research.

Dnes si představíme dva boxy, které mají sice stejný základ, ale vývoj zde šel rozdílnými cestami. Jedná se o jeden z evergreenů zahraničních e-shopů –…

Originally posted by ReaperMan
    This review of the H96 Pro+ variants help depict how this model is being put around the twist with so many changes. ​​​​​​​
    The author/reviewer must have done a lot of research.

https://www.digizone.cz/clanky/dvoji.../?forceSwitch=
    Nice article, thanks...

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 3 através de Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure why he bothered with the H96 Max way different...But yes good Info...worth posting I feel
      H 96 Pro +

Under the trademark H 96 Pro +, the entire production line of variously equipped devices is currently available, depending on the manufacturer or trader. It is possible to buy both the OS 6.x Marshmallow OS, these in some cases even under very good conditions, as well as with the newer OS Nougat, versions 7.1, 7.1.1 or 7.1.2.
      Also, the range of memory equipment is quite wide, currently there are 2/16, 3/16, 3/32 and 3/64 in the Gearbest e-shop.
      You can also meet several different motherboards, several types of wireless chips, and other things typical of Chinese mass production. On familiar professional forums, such as freaktab.com and 4pda.ru, two other two USB ports are reported, which are blank but fully functional (probably originally designed for Pro) or DDR4 boards, which but they are equipped with DDR3 memory blocks.
      I will try to grasp this and convert it into a clear list of information.

Plate Q 9377 (CZ-S32-V2.2) also assembled into the latest Pro versions. At the top left you can see the blinds for LED tapes, memories are from Samsung and SpecTek. The board has 4 USB ports, this particular piece comes from the Alfawise model 2016 box.

In the generic H 96 Pro +, the above-mentioned DDR4 boards, more precisely CZ-S32-V.3 (DDR4), were introduced during this year, but they were equipped with only DDR3 memory blocks. The manufacturer is allegedly Netxeon. Note the two unassigned USB ports on the bottom edge of the board. Memory from Micron Technology and an unknown block with only type number and country of origin (Japan).

The currently offered branded devices (Alfawise - Gearbest offer) are equipped with:
      • 3/32 (made 08/2017) version Q9377 with the designation ZH-01-S912-TVBOX-V.2.0 fitted with 8 Micron Technology memory blocks (4 + 4 on both sides of the board). 1 USB port removed, instead of the Fn-Link 8223A-SR communication module is mounted Aigale AW-CM273SH.

• 3/32: (made 09/2017) ZH version Q9377, this time with the designation ZH-01-S912-TVBOX-V.3.0 fitted with 4 Nanya DDR3-L memory blocks on top side and another 4 blocks from Samsung on the bottom, where is also the eMMC 32GB memory from SanDisk. Two USB ports were removed this time, instead of the communication module, the Longsys LTM 8830 (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377), known from some Mecool boxes.

• 3/64: (made 08/2017) Fully fitted Q 9377 / CZ-S32-V2.2. All 4 USB ports, no "forest DDR memory" like ZH01, but only 2 + 2, bottom pair from Micron Technology, top pair is without logo and manufacturer's designation. The eMMC is from Samsung. This board has a more massive processor heatsink that still covers the slightly over-sized conductive layer. The communication module is again the Fn-Link 8223A-SR.

• Current generic H 96 Pro +: 3/32 from Gearbest, ZH-01-S912-TVBOX in V3.0, equipped with 8 x Micron Technology DDR3 + 1 × eMMC Samsung. Again, two unassigned USB ports and this time the Aigale AW-CM273SH communication module. Made 8/2017.

3/32, made this September. Plate CZ-S32-V5 (LPDDR3). Full USB ports, only 1 × (apparently) Micron Technology memory and 1 × Toshiba. Communication module Fn-Link 8223A-SR.

Next we will proceed to the technical specification of the device as a whole - model 2017.
      Technical specifications

Basic hardware Model: H 96 Pro +
      CPU - model: Amlogic S912
      CPU - Type: ARM Cortex-A53, 1,5GHz, 64b
      Number of cores: 8
      GPU ARM Mali-T820MP3
      RAM - Size: 2 GB / 3 gigabytes
      of RAM - type: DDR (based on specific assembly)
      ROM memory - size: 16 GB / 32 GB / 64 GB
      ROM memory - type: eMMC v 5.0
      Maximum supported external storage: 2 TB
      Wi-Fi: Yes, 2.4 / 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac standards
      Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.1 + HS
      Wi-Fi / BT Chip: Yes, type by specific assembly
      LAN: Yes, 10/100/1000 Mbps
      Graphics and video output GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3, up to 750 MHz (DVFS)
      HDMI: 2.0 / 2.0a (based on a specific assembly)
      HDMI CEC: Yes
      HDR: Yes
      HDCP: 2.2
      Video Codecs VP
      H.264 H.264 AVC HP L5.1 up to 4Kx2K 30fps
      H.264 MVC up to 1080P 60fps
      MPEG-4 ASP L5 up to 1080P 60fps (ISO-14496)
      WMV / VC-1 SP / MP / AP up to 1080P 60fps
      AVS-P16 (AVS +) / AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile to 1080P 60fps
      MPEG-2 MP / HL up to 1080P 60fps -13818)
      MPEG-1 MP / HL up to 1080P 60fps (ISO-11172)
      RealVideo 8/9/10 to 1080P 60fps
      WebM up to VGA
      Supported formats Decoders: H.265 / HEVC, HD AVC / VC-1, HD MPEG 1/2/4, RM / RMVB, Xvid / DivX 3/4/5/6, RealVideo 8/9/10
      Video ASF, DAT, FLV, ISO, MKV, MOV, MPEG, MPG, RM, RMVB, TS, VOB, WMV
      Audio: AAC, AC3, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
      Photo: HD JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF
      Audio HD Audio via HDMI: yes
      Dolby Audio: yes
      DTS Audio: yes
      5.1 Surround sound: Yes
      Digital audio via S / PDIF: yes
      System Operating system: Android
      Version: 6.x Marshmallow / 7.x Nougat (based on specific assembly)
      Supported Languages: 24
      Supported Internet Services:
      Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Flicker, Picasa, Skype, Gtalk and more
      Support DLNA, Miracast and Airplay: Yes
      Google Play Support: Yes
      Power supply Common electrical network (local standard)
      A matching power supply / adapter is also included in the scope of delivery
      Type: External power adapter + jack (5 V / 2 A)
      Size and weight Dimensions (L x W x H): 10,70 × 10,70 × 2,00 cm
      Weight: 0.2500 kg
      Packaging dimensions (L x W x H): 16.00 × 15.80 × 8.00 cm
      Package weight: 0.4700 kg

Package contents 1 x H 96 Pro + TV box, 1 x remote control, 1 x HDMI cable, 1 x AC adapter, 1 x user manual (English)

Box contents H 96 Pro +.

Introducing the device

Another 9 photos Start Boxing and Android 6.x

Another 11 photos Start box and Android 7.x

Another 11 photos
      Presented environment is a standard business, with the latest versions of the development environment, or Custom ROMs, can also be found on very well-designed graphics with variable animated backgrounds such as "asteroids" here:

We also show several sets of benchmarks on different configurations.
      Alfawise - 2016 / 3-32 / Android 6.0.1

Another 4 photos Generic H 96 Pro + - Spring 2017 / 3-32 / Android 6.0.1

Another 5 photos Generic H 96 Pro + - summer 2017 / 3-32 / Android 7.1.1

Another 6 photos Alfawise - Autumn 2017 / 3-64 / Android 7.1.2

Another 5 photos Play Video - VLC Player and YouTube

Another 10 photos Video Playback - Kodi

Another 16 photos Google Play

Another 6 photos

It is also worth mentioning that in the context of lawsuits led by Kodi add-on lawsuits, producers have removed the direct entry from Kodi from the main page and moved the tile to Netflix instead.

Source: https://www.digizone.cz/clanky/dvoji.../?forceSwitch=

and Thanks @ReaperMan
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Great follow-up trebor!

For new people to the whole China Box scene...especially this Frankensteind box, it will become worthwhile to ask your seller, from where and when they got their stock.

Maybe we'll be able to figure which production line is less likely to brick, burn or bring tears.

Comment

Very Informative post thanks...
          I just got H96 Pro Plus 3/32 with 7.1.2 (build# in Picture) from unknown source written 4k on top as we see pictures on forums alfawise clone maybe with DDR3? ram 2x1gb (micron ??) + 2x500mb (Unknown)? opened the box and I got this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	184.5 KB ID:	689444Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	689464Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	689448Click image for larger version  Name:	image_29011.jpg Views:	2 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	689449
          Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	689454Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	2 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	689452
          Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	2 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	689455Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	689456
          Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	2 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	689458

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171128-173234.png Views:	1 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	689511

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171128-173211.png Views:	1 Size:	177.4 KB ID:	689512

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171128-173824.png Views:	1 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	689513

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171128-174707.png Views:	1 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	689514

can anyone point me to the correct manufacturer latest firmware or compatible official preferred with the device. Another thing is there is a app call "wireless update" in the box (any one else have it) i doubt its a crappy malware I'm going to extract apk and see what it is.

Thanks
          Last edited by krypton; 11-28-2017, 13:21.
          -RK3368 CSA91/R8/R68 V2, V4
          Latest Updated Firmware for CSA91 based on Zidoo Full/Lite (Working Hardware Clock) by krypton

Comment

I just bought 2 on AliExpress. Because of the high turnover, I think they tend to have models with the latest specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just received 3 from Banggood. Green circuit board and only 2 USB. Dated 10/17.
              Flashed up to SCV7A.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                Just received 3 from Banggood. Green circuit board and only 2 USB. Dated 10/17.
                Flashed up to SCV7A.
                Hi,
                Before you flashed up, could you tell me if they were "wisdom" firmware stock both?

Comment

Ahh...no. I did not check more than PCB colour and directly flashed. I did not even start them up..straight to flash, have not seen a competent factory firmware yet.

Comment

ReaperMan
                    Is there anyway you to open given box(es) and check label on pcb itself?
                    Mine is ZH-01-S912-TVBOX V3.0, but with Aigale chip, Samsung emmc and 8xHynix ram ... So not fully match any listed in trebor great post.
                    Got it two weeks ago from Banggood. FW is dated as 20171020, NHG47L;
                    Asking since interested in scV7a compatibility.
                    Thanks

Comment

@ churla,

Popped open remaining box. Same hardware...dated 20171014.
                      Flashed up to SCV7A. Watched an intense 2hr. 1080p movie in SPMC 16.7.2 aarch64 . Very smooth, no complaints with supercelerons efforts.

Comment

Not quite sure, "Same hardware...dated 20171014" refers to same as what I have posted (zh01-s912 ...v3) only manufacturing date (22nd of Sep with me) and fw differs?

Comment

Same hardware refers to your description.

If you are worried about bricking your box(totally understandable) you may want to stay at factory firmware for a while.
                          Having enjoyed a few China Boxes, this factory firmware is beyond a failure.
                          Before release to market, the shill reviews hid the major faults. I guess free hardware is too tempting. 4 to 5 weeks later... manufactures should have corrected glaring flaws.
                          At a year later, we rely on superceleron <<< thanks again

Comment

OK, thanks mate. I will try then when grab some time.
                            True, current factory fw does not show any weakness, or I haven't found it. I understand you have flashed sc immediately so no comparison possible, especially for cpu temperature issue. Tends to get hot, but works. Plastic cover is barely warm in fact.

Comment

Mine from Gearbest look like this (ordered Nov 10th) . So green PCB ... (H96 pro +) ZH-01-S912-TVBOX-V.3.0, 8 memory blocks, Wisdom firmware
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X