Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article on the H96 Pro+ Component Changes.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello trebor, the model i got is the one you mentioned first i beleve now that it was one of those h96 pro turned in to a h96 pro plus i mean the pcb is just like the one you mentioned first, the thing is since day 1 i got a bit troble with it, wifi alwas droping a bit lagg, and then i flashed the scv1 rom at the time it was on marshmallow i belive, i noticed improvement but still a bit laggy, my quest to you is this i only know realized that Superceleron build 2 versions one for green pcb and another one for blue i don't know for sure wich one i got running and before i mess it all up do you think i should flash again and this time for shure the green pcb version or what do you recomend, i still go wifi dropping, lag now and then some times on youtube video play without image, i'm losing it don't know what to do to get this for better, thanks

Comment

hcardoso483
      I believe that You flashed the right one. If You had flash wrong one, Box would be a brick

if there is one, maybe try to update superceleron's rom?
      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Bought this fro Gearbest Alfawise pro + ,3GB RAM, 32GB ROM motherboard T92 v1.0 16445

Which custom ROM should i use?
        I recently flashed the 7.1 update through gearbest forum
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

A black board version ...probably very buggy. The size of the heat-sink makes me laugh.

Dec 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=696263.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	701634

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...findpost&p =69168602

Comment

3GB/32GB
            CZ-S32-V6 (LPDDR3)
            Firmware is 7.1.2/NHG47L/20171024
            Just bought from Gearbest
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Just received 2 China boxes from GeekBuying. Both were blue PCB, CZ-S32-v5. PCB looked mottled and crud stained.
              Flashed SCV4 Blue and OTA SCV7A with no problems.
              Boxes reboot/ TWRP no problem with Magisk V15.3.1

SPMC 16.7.2 aarch64 failed to play...

FTMC 16.2.31 played fine.

Comment

Was order one box from gearbest h96 pro plus 3/64 memory. My version was cz-s32-v6. S32-lpddr3-v6 witch firmware should work with out any trouble?

Comment

@ ecleptor,

SCV7a should work fine. If your PCB is Blue, realize to flash with SCV4 Blue before upgrading to SCV7a. Check around to see if there is a firmware(I have my doubts) available to return to factory standard(if needed..).

I have not seen any other updates (that fix all the long standing issues). I have begun to warn people away from this China Box...a lot of potential, but; bad case design, production quality, nil support, overpriced due to these factors.

Comment

ecleptor
                    ​​​​​​​Both superceleron's roms and any official firmware meant for S32-V5 will be OK for S32-V6.
                    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

4PDA has a few pics of this "newer" black PCB, with firmware: H96pro-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180620 test-keys

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...findpost&p =75256007

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                        @ ecleptor,

SCV7a should work fine. If your PCB is Blue, realize to flash with SCV4 Blue before upgrading to SCV7a. Check around to see if there is a firmware(I have my doubts) available to return to factory standard(if needed..).

I have not seen any other updates (that fix all the long standing issues). I have begun to warn people away from this China Box...a lot of potential, but; bad case design, production quality, nil support, overpriced due to these factors.
                        Hi ReaperMan and ch3mn3y,

Unfortunately I've seen your posts after I bought this China box. Mine is ZH01-S912-TVBOX V2.0 dated 2017-08-23, the firmware could definitely be better. Even 1080p playback on Kodi is stuttering (not a lot, but enough to be annoying). Currently I'm playing of a SD card with Coreelec, and it is much better. I don't see any issues with 1080p, and even 4k is fine. I would however prefer if I could stay on Android to use other apps as well.

Do you have any experience with flashing Superceleron's firmware onto this box? Or any other firmware? I have made a TWRP backup of mine, but not sure if box gets bricked, that I could reflash this.

If the box is bricked, is it still possible to boot from SD card, or is the box completely useless then?

Thanks.

Comment

Research how to un-brick this model first!
                          That will leave you with a shadow of security when testing these China Boxes. (No to booting from SD-card ...especially Hard-Brick.)

SCV7a is a good firmware, search the Alfawise forum for your model#.
                          The latest firmwares(2018-6-20?) are really smooth but still require a few tweaks and mods.

MINIX Neo U9-H mod firmware has a lot of fixes related to streaming, including fixes related to Kodi.(I did not like the overall performance with my China Box-posted review)

Spmc 17(alpha 32bit?) is still a fantastic solution for your China Box.

SPMC 16 tweaks http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=71708853

Kodi official, sometime nightlies V17-v19 can solve(or create) problems.

Comment

Thank you, ReaperMan. I will look into SPMC, maybe that can give smoother play without having to re-flash. I've read a lot of good things about SCV7a.

I will definitely first try and find out how to unbrick that specific model (haven't found anything this far) before doing any flashing.

Comment

Thank you for the article and your comments. I liked the article and your thoughts on this topic. No matter how much I try to understand the chips and motherboards, I cannot understand how it works, and even video tutorials from YouTube don't help me in this. I am sure that this job is only suitable for a very smart person. And I tend to think I'm smart, but in something else. Actually, together with the writing service (https://textroyal.com/services/article-writing-services), we are writing an article for my blog on this topic, so I came here for inspiration and ideas. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
                              Last edited by emmanuelglover; 05-26-2020, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X