Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect a printer to my TV Box Alfawise H96Pro+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect a printer to my TV Box Alfawise H96Pro+?

Is it possible to connect a printer on the TV Box AlfWise H96Pro+? I can't find any info on this site and on internet. If I search in my settings the printer service is not visible. Please help how to install any printer on a TV Box. I saw 2 youtube movies showing their printer on their tv box, but not explaining how to install the printer on the device.

Depends of the printer. Android has printing service since 4.4, but not every printer is supporting it.

If it's older than there is almost no way that it will work (except some update to printer, not it drivers). What's the model of the printer?

I know that WiFi enabled printer made by Canon should work (tested 3 of them with my Android phone).

USB printing unfortunately is not supported by Android, at least natively, but PrinterShare app can help.
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
      Depends of the printer. Android has printing service since 4.4, but not every printer is supporting it.

If it's older than there is almost no way that it will work (except some update to printer, not it drivers). What's the model of the printer?

I know that WiFi enabled printer made by Canon should work (tested 3 of them with my Android phone).

USB printing unfortunately is not supported by Android, at least natively, but PrinterShare app can help.
      It's an USB laserprinter Brother HL-2030. Not Wifi supported.

On my phone (lenevo zuk z2) there is an option PRINTING in the SETTINGS menu, but on the tv box it's not visible. I want to enable it. But do not know how.
      Both have Android 7.1.2. Can you check if your TV box is also missing the option Printing?

Comment

Checked and in both Settings there is no menu called Printing.

However if You go to full Settings (not Android TV/Box ones, which are showing only on the right edge of the screen) and than choose magnifying glass icon (search) in the upper right edge, You can search for "printing'. For me it'd shown all print options, same as on other devices.

Unfortunately it have to be done every time as Settings seems to be missing this one menu.
        Last edited by ch3mn3y; 01-13-2018, 09:56.
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

I have a Samsung ML-2240 laser printer connected to mine, works perfectly for what I need.
          I use Samsung Mobile Print app from the playstore but I think it only supports Samsung printers. Other brands may have apps available for their models as well.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Dude, I just don’t understand why you want to connect the printer to a TV box? Do you want to print a movie? Perhaps this was an bad joke, but I really do not understand what is the meaning of this idea. Sorry, but it seems to me that this is a stupid and senseless idea, and besides, it seems to me that the TV set-top box just won’t see the printer in the list of connected devices. I tried to connect the printer from mrdepot.ca to my pc and it was very difficult, because some drivers were not compatible with my operating system. So if this is even possible, then you will spend time and money on adapters.
            Last edited by Uranusman; 05-27-2020, 12:34.

Comment

You just need a wifi printer I would opt for a HP printer my favorite brand. You would probably need the hp print service app from Google play. I also have thought about using a tv box for my main computer. As I get older the more basic my computing needs get I think they would be great mains for older folks that don't need much cheers

Comment

What plugs you have on your tv box?

Comment

You can obtain a jet direct or like item. They connect to your router with an IP address, for just about any device to connect to, via network. Used items to connect with for printing for about $50.00.

Comment

Hi,

I am not getting any setting regarding printing in the android a5x max box but on my phone printing setting is there.

whenever I click on the print icon on my phone a native print UI is open to doing the printing process but when I click a print icon in the android a5x max box nothing happens It seems like the firmware does not support printing.

Motive:
                    1. I do not want to do the printing process through third-party apps like printershare app.

Please help:
                    How to do printing without using third-party apps?

Thanks
                    Sudhanshu

Comment

Working...
                    X