• Show
Clear All

Help Diagnose what is going on with my H96 pro plus

So i have a S32-V6 blue lpddr3 box

once i got it i turned it on and everything was working perfectly

then i proceeded to flash
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...roidtv-version

choose the blue V1

flashed it successfully using usb burning tools multiple times but whenever i would try to connect it to hdmi no signal but the blue light would be faint and not blinking nor any red light

So i thought the the 2A charger was weak but then suddenly the the rom booted and worked fine

so i went to booted to twrp and flashed V4 and wiped data and cache

then the same thing started of no hdmi signal and dim blue light

i reflashed the rom, stock rom and even http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...7-wifi-chipset

using usb burning tool

but nothing was working even though everything got flashed perfectly without errors with

so i ordered a 5V 3A charger and reflashed http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...7-wifi-chipset

using usb burning tool and suddenly the rom booted randomly

Now i flash the V7 update in twrp and wiped cache and data and again black screen

now again i tried reflashing all roms successfully multiple times but still black screen even with the 3A charger

Why is this happening to me and how can i fix it?

what can i do so i can flash a rom and it boots the first times

can you help me @ch3mn3y with this

Comment

Picture of the board and can tell me the latest stock rom for it
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by h96proplusddr3
        Picture of the board and can tell me the latest stock rom for it
        Dude are u using a 4k TV? If you are the very first time you boot the box after a new flash your CEC is unable to auto adapt for TV resolution you need to do the 1st boot an a 1080 TV and the manually change resolution to 1080 on the box don't leave it on auto then go to your 4k TV and it should boot normally...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post
          Dude are u using a 4k TV? If you are the very first time you boot the box after a new flash your CEC is unable to auto adapt for TV resolution you need to do the 1st boot an a 1080 TV and the manually change resolution to 1080 on the box don't leave it on auto then go to your 4k TV and it should boot normally...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
          I thought the same thing but i have tried with 1080p tv without cec tech as well

Comment

Originally posted by h96proplusddr3 View Post

I thought the same thing but i have tried with 1080p tv without cec tech as well
            Don,t take my answer as a certainty but I got one h96pro with a faulty emmc chip Al kinds of wired things happen like some lag WiFi constaƱtly dropping and it always installs firmware without problems but I think that's the reason on mine h read somewhere that some models got a faulty chip I don,t for sure I my self am looking for a solution

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Don,t take my answer as a certainty but I got one h96pro with a faulty emmc chip Al kinds of wired things happen like some lag WiFi constaƱtly dropping and it always installs firmware without problems but I think that's the reason on mine h read somewhere that some models got a faulty chip I don,t for sure I my self am looking for a solution
              Please let me know if you find a solution

Comment

I've similar problem and my pcb is V5.

Even on stock firmware it often can't boot up, when plugging the adapter blue light just blink and thats it and after some time it just randomly starts and it's working few hours but not stable because often restart on demanding stuff like stream from twitch.tv.

Maybe the problem is that some contacts on pcb are faulty or we're callling that "tarnished". You know these boxes could be stored in place with bad humidity etc.
                Last edited by majkool; 05-30-2018, 10:42.

Comment

Where do you buy your box?

Comment

If you have big issue with the hardware ask for a new box

Comment

Abdel313
                      I've bought it on GearBest.
                      Last edited by majkool; 05-30-2018, 16:16.

Comment

You are french?
                        open a ticket in your account describ your problem and wait a reply from the technical support

Comment

I've reflashed my rom and it's working again now

But I'd like to try another firmware to see if I can improve the graphics .... problem is I cannot find any zip files - all I get are rar files which I then have to use the USB Burning tool with...

Problem is I cannot get past TWRP... is there some way to disable twrp so you can use the usb burning tool - or what?

Comment

Odd thing happened today box was very slow sudently rebooted in the middle of booting process light become red no matter what I did it was always red, so I try to install firmware like always with burn sdcard, nothing was red light pressing the reset button and connecting power straight red light, so I fired up USB burning tool made myself a USB male to male cable and flash stock on Amlogic USB burn tool in windows, all went good I ticked erase bootloader but not flash memory, pressed start all good till the end, I forgot to tick the restart when finish so I pressed stop and disconnected, connected to TV apply power and it booted so fast like never before, and now is very fast and responsive, can someone explain what happened? I am confused I even ordered another box to replace this one, now it works the way it was advertised

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bebe1980
                              I've reflashed my rom and it's working again now

But I'd like to try another firmware to see if I can improve the graphics .... problem is I cannot find any zip files - all I get are rar files which I then have to use the USB Burning tool with...

Problem is I cannot get past TWRP... is there some way to disable twrp so you can use the usb burning tool - or what?
                              Hey you start the burning tool in windows with a male to male you connect to the USB port the closest to the power socket on the box light will turn on wan windows will make a sound, now you will see on the to row of option press the 2en one to change language English is the 2 of that menu, load the firmware and Odessa start if you are flashing the same Android version that you have installed on the box untick the erase bootloader option press start now just wait for it to finish

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X