Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed - My own Rom have some bugs, I need help before release

Hello,

I've been playing around and so far I've achieved a stable and all personalized ROM for my own use, but I'm unable to solve some issues.

Features so far for H96pro+, DDR4 3/32GB version:

- based on Superceleron rom SVC4 Android TV
    - removed a lot of things like Talkback, builtin TTS, some files left over like *.bak, bootvideo of a "Wedding box" video
    - included some ATV Experience tweaks
    - changed bootlogo and boot animation to simpler ones
    - added latest Gapps (compiled locally), except for Youtube and Android Remote (the latest ones have bugs and crashes, so I have to stick with the working versions)
    - leanified the sound files (*.OGG)
    - removed all the DLNA, Miracast and such that work bad (airscreen makes a better job, or in alternative Happycast since it works nicely and it's a free chinese alternative that also supports airplay and miracast with it's own app)
    - added Blokada for both flexibility to choose and change the DNS servers and block systemwide many dynamic hostfiles (much better then any host based file blocking as it much more easily detected)
    - added X-plore as file manager since it supports almost all the protocols and functions needed in a root explorer file manager
    - added Spotify for ATV
    - added ProgTV as the best all around IPTV player around
    - added Pluto TV older version that adds 50 channels to Live Channels (the latest versions simply do not show any channels in it)
    - no Kodi by default as I don't really like to have the box waiting for me to do something, for me a box has to do all things without the user to wait for it
    - for youtube to play videos from the phone, I use the builtin pairing just like any TV would work for it
    - Using both Android and iPhone Android TV remote can send audio commands to Google assistant (what's the weather, when will the team X play, etc).
    - added native Leanback reboot menu entry

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180729-165000.png
Views:	387
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	737611

Problems I can't still find a way to solve until now - your support would be appreciated on solving this:
    1) anytime I try to replace the kernel it won't boot again, what is the format of boot.img needed?
    2) live Channels crash Google Play anytime I click on "get more TV sources" (or something similar)
    3) Youtube latest version freezes the box, any idea why? (workaround: press home button and the close youtube)
    4) live channels, when entering PIP mode, the PIP rectangle does not show the video stream as expected
    5) I like Chrome, but it have an annoying thing: can't copy text to use

Thanks, as soon as I solve these issues I will think in having a public release of my ROM, all of this was achieved thanks to the great work of Ricky Divjakovski - thank you for this!
    Last edited by bullgates; 07-29-2018, 16:53.

Update: 1) and 5) solved, 3) sticked to version 2.2.14 and that works.

Comment

Nobody seems to care, but I've made some Benchmarks on Antutu, doesn't look bad:
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello,

Did you try the Open Source AML Tools you find here in the Forum?
        With it, you can replace the Kernal.

Neomode

Comment

Hello Neomode, thanks I'm already using it and as posted in the update, that issue is solved.

Comment

Try not to mistake uncaring for...untested.
            Before I could help with the Chrome(previous post) issue, you had solved it.
            Many here support and appreciate any effort by our members.
            When you release, you'll have lots of feedback(?), count the pages of superceleron's releases.

Comment

Thanks for the advice ReaperMan I do not want that someone bricks their devices so I will try to take the maximum care testing. If you could share your Chrome solution I would be glad since mine depends on having Xposed installed. I would prefer to have it root free, but optional by installing Magisk. All the Chromium based browsers that I tested do not have copy/paste working - for me it's an important function when I use the ATV box for browsing.

Comment

Try apkmirror site. Look for Chrome version: com.android.chrome_57.0.2987.132(getting old). Last ver. that did copy and paste for our China Boxes.
                Chrome is more towards touch screen...the recent Youtube updates are also a step back for these China Boxes.

All said, I'm not sure if this apk ports to ATV??

Link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...7-132-release/

Comment

I have been watching this, as I have the same box with lddr3, which I did run the same firmware you based your model version on. Just it was modded for my box to run smoothly.

what I found with the SCV4 ATV, is that it was not refined enough to be 100% comptable with both phone apps and ATV apps. Had to mix old and new or no particular app would function.

One big gripe with SCV4 is ti backup not allowing use of top action bar at the right corner. So you cannot start an action as a groupe. Also disable service would not run.

I assumed it was ARM64 causing it, so I reverted to the latest stock for my box. Low and behold it turned out to be ARM64 as well. So I soon realised it too had similar issues, but, not as bad.

I am not a chrome guy, but do like Chrome Dev and use that on my tablet. But on a TV box, I hardly use a browser, so cut and paste for a browser is not important.

my box is heavly reliant on xposed for features that I cannot live without. Also I use Sony Music and ATMOS as Magisk modules.

What i find is Fire TV apps function, ATV apps function along with most all phone apps.

again the latest you tube don't run, but the previous version does very well on its own, and needs no update for me. Watched a 12K video of NYC which looked like a real image from out my window, without any judder.

though, i have no plans for converting to ATV from this year's update, using ATV apps don't really require it for streaming purposes, as long as i have versions i am happy with.

If you want i can post ATV apps and versions that run on ARM64 firmware, as i think many issues are with ARM64. As my other box is 32 bit, and never had any issues with ATV variants and phone apps.

Comment

Thank you very much for your sharing X92-2GB I've also had a look at your ROM, great work. I'm also concluding the same as you describe, ARM64 Gapps as well have many issues and I will try to figure out the best way. Don't bother for now as I will do some more tests with 32bits and if I find it to have less bugs, I will adopt the 32bits as well. I aim mainly stability then functionality and without any major bugs. Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                    X