Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disable digital output auto detect

hi,

I have the Alfawise H96 Pro , the Wisdom version. I am trying to disable digital audio auto-detect as I want to have SPDIF on all the time and not switch to HDMI. I cannot really find this setting in the menus or the Droid setting app.
    Any ideas where it could be ?

Originally posted by Marius Cirsta View Post
    hi,

I have the Alfawise H96 Pro , the Wisdom version. I am trying to disable digital audio auto-detect as I want to have SPDIF on all the time and not switch to HDMI. I cannot really find this setting in the menus or the Droid setting app.
    Any ideas where it could be ?
    That's odd. Basically if you have these four settings set, HDMI self adaption OFF, SPDIF RAW, CEC Auto Change Language OFF, and Dolby Sounds Line, you will have digital out always be active through SPDIF.

It is possible that your problem is from a 3rd party integration. Viper FX, Dolby ATMOS, for example. Even the app you may be using for playback, such as MX player code setups and features.

I don't recommend using ATMOS on our boxes, as it colorizes audio to be over the top on most sources. Plus it does not play well with DD 5.1/ 7.1 audio stream formats.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try with these setting. I think I have them almost like this but I'll see. What happens is that I have my TV over HDMI and the speakers over SPDIF and then I turn off the TV ( radio playing so no need for it ). Then I turn my TV back on and when the TV boots the H96 just stops playing youtube in the browser. I start playback again and then I don't hear any audio ... I actually assumed it's going over HDMI but I didn't really check.
      I'll investigate some more.... maybe I can even disable any hdmi audio as I'm not really interested in this feature. In Linux there was a module that you could blacklist in order to do this but I'm not sure here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius Cirsta View Post
        Thanks, I'll try with these setting. I think I have them almost like this but I'll see. What happens is that I have my TV over HDMI and the speakers over SPDIF and then I turn off the TV ( radio playing so no need for it ). Then I turn my TV back on and when the TV boots the H96 just stops playing youtube in the browser. I start playback again and then I don't hear any audio ... I actually assumed it's going over HDMI but I didn't really check.
        I'll investigate some more.... maybe I can even disable any hdmi audio as I'm not really interested in this feature. In Linux there was a module that you could blacklist in order to do this but I'm not sure here.
        Hi ,

what is the Problem , why you not connect the SPDIF to TV , then it gives out all connected Devices ,

i use a HDMI Switch connected with all Devices to TV and SPDIF from Soundsystem to TV , all

Devices are now outputed to SPDIF , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Your problem is HDMI and SPDIF... turn off all CEC on the box, and disable CEC functions on TV. You cannot have both features run together, as HDMI is top priority over SPDIF.

Comment

Thanks for your help with this one. I will try disabling CEC.
            Why I don't want the sound to go over HDMI to the TV is because I just want to turn off the screen sometimes or it auto turns off and in this case the audio also turns off while if the output is from the box I can just listen to some radio or Spotify with the screen turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X