Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96Pro+ and old Philips TV : green/pink screen

Hi,

I am experiencing color crazyness when this box (not an Alfawise branded one) is connected to an old Philips TC using HDMI.

It was bought last month, and the latest updates available have been downloaded.

The OS provides DroidSettings, so I was able to set "Force RGB" and "RGB 10bits" output, and even force fullHD resolution.

Things are a bit better, but random "solarizations" still occur randomly and prevent from watching a full movie peacefully. Sometimes they last only two seconds, sometimes longer.

Is there a way to get rid of this problem ? Or am I missing a step ?

Of course, with another TV or a computer screen, it is working flawlessly, with the same cables and power supply.

Regards
    Last edited by gefattern; 10-30-2018, 18:01.

Hi,

Please refer to this post.

As i explained i was having the same problem, the only solution i found was using a HDMI to VGA converter, while i don't update my tv. Cheap dongles go for around 4 euros so not expensive purchase.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply ! Unfortunately, it is not possible and I don't want the user to experience a image quality degradation.
      So we will have to return it and find something else ... if something working only exists !
      regards

Comment

Originally posted by sbmk View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for your reply ! Unfortunately, it is not possible and I don't want the user to experience a image quality degradation.
        So we will have to return it and find something else ... if something working only exists !
        regards
        Hi ,

i think this Converters can make Resoluton up to 1080p , not only SD , so not really a degradation of Qualitiy ,

Full HD is good enough for TVBox , or did i understood something wrong ??? , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi,
          Yes I am sure they are working, but in 2018 I don't really want to deal with digital to analog conversion, and maybe a separate analog audio output.
          Thanks for the idea anyway, I will keep on crying on my dead WDTV's grave !
          Regards

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            By a new TV easy solution

Originally posted by sbmk View Post
          Hi,
          Yes I am sure they are working, but in 2018 I don't really want to deal with digital to analog conversion, and maybe a separate analog audio output.
          Thanks for the idea anyway, I will keep on crying on my dead WDTV's grave !
          Regards
          Hi ,

hope you can return it , good luck / gefattern

Comment

In fact Xmas is coming and I know several people who don't want to rely on a computer to enjoy the latest video formats. So I am sure somebody with a more modern TV can be happy with it

Comment

If it Box has AV out (cant remember of the top of my head) an RCA to the AV may make it usable on the TV's av input if it has wont be sharp but usable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	av.png
Views:	390
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	750400
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If you T.V. is old...it will not likely be 10 bit..so radom things are likely to occur during resolution changes.

You can try another box...but "Google" Phillips green screen/ magenta(?) color shift.
                The best solution I heard of...using a HDMI switch(which can do proper "Handshake")

Comment

I set up a buddies old T.V. with RCA to A.V cable....ugly VHS quality...at best!

Comment

It is around ten years old. And of course going back to analog is not a solution, people are now used to have clean picture and noiseless sound with one single thin cable (I am French, so the SCART trauma is still in our minds).
                    But I am having hard times to explain them why their DVD player, then bluray were working flawlessly. Four years ago I gave them my WDTV and it was fine too, except it is not able to play the new formats. But it seems these Chinese boxes are the only alternative nowadays, and the first try is not a great success !

Comment

Working...
                    X