Video movie quits stops playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video movie quits stops playing

I have had this happened a few times while watching a movie or video that I am streaming from my networking via SMB. The video quits playing and returns back to the home screen on Kodi 17.6 Krypton. At first I chalked it up thinking it was an overheating issue but I have since replaced the stock heatsink and added an external fan which has dropped the temps down tremendously.
    How can I go about troubleshooting this problem and finding the cause and fix?

Tips and pointers to help you help me. Thanks!
    R-Box Pro 3G/16G
    SCV7A 7.1.2 / LibreELEC 8.2.4.2

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
    I have had this happened a few times while watching a movie or video that I am streaming from my networking via SMB. The video quits playing and returns back to the home screen on Kodi 17.6 Krypton. At first I chalked it up thinking it was an overheating issue but I have since replaced the stock heatsink and added an external fan which has dropped the temps down tremendously.
    How can I go about troubleshooting this problem and finding the cause and fix?

Tips and pointers to help you help me. Thanks!
    Hi ,

try a better Powersupply , more "mah" as 2000 take 3000 , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

try a better Powersupply , more "mah" as 2000 take 3000 , good luck / gefattern
      Could you explain why a bigger power supply will fix this issue?
      R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Placed an order on Amazon for a 5V/3A power supply. I'll report back to see if it fixed the issue. What is the best way to test the power draw of my android box.
        R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
          Placed an order on Amazon for a 5V/3A power supply. I'll report back to see if it fixed the issue. What is the best way to test the power draw of my android box.
          Hi ,

not sure how you can check this best , think a Power measuring Device will help , but which ???

I am no Pro in that , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Sounds more to a power savings/ service standby issue with your SMB

There are better info links...I'll post them if I find in my bookmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
              Sounds more to a power savings/ service standby issue with your SMB

There are better info links...I'll post them if I find in my bookmarks.
              https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/...to_chromecast/
              I'll look into that next when I get some free time. The video still stops with the new 3000 mA power supply
              R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Have been having similar issues and I can confirm it is only during playing content from a SAMBA network drive. In my case it simply freezes and box have to manually powered off & on to recover.
                I seriously think it is not power related and no issues when the same movie of equal size and same resolution is played from streaming apps instead of network drive.
                Must be in the code the way the box recovers content when the frames are dropped from local network.

Comment

Little late but.. i had the same issue (and for now i dont have it) i tried to test it with different router and it stopped (the issue), so i thought it was a router issue , what i did give manual ip address to h96 , in router i Port Triggering all ports that are relayed with streaming , since then i did not had this issue again. My router tp link 9980 (crossflashed from 8980)

Comment

Hmm. thought I updated, but I have not had the issue again since I changed network configurations. It does seem to be SAMBA related for what I remember.
                    R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Working...
                    X