USB Burning Tool problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Burning Tool problem

I have H96 pro tv box, I'm trying to install a new firmware but I have a problem with the usb connection.
    Whenever I try to connect the box to usb ,it recognized for 1-2 seconds and then disconnecting.
    I tried it with 4 different computers (including desktop), I installed the driver, I tried 2 different usb cables - all with the same results.
    I tried to press the reset button and then to start the box - it doesn't recognized at all.
    I tried to connect it to the power adapter ,then to start the box and then to connect it to usb- it doesn't recognized at all.
    I tried to connect the hdmi cable so I can see what happens when it starts ,I see that when i press the reset button it goes into the recovery menu - but it seems that when it in this menu it doesn't recognized by usb.

this is the error that I get:
    [2018-11-23 13:50:21 662][HUB2-2][0x10102002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error
    [2018-11-23 13:51:36 983][HUB2-2][0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Please advise
    Last edited by nirb; 11-27-2018, 08:31.

Which version of USB Burn Tool?
    Which version of Windows?
    (Which China Box revision...update to which firmware? (Not immediately important to your question.)
    Do you have a firewall running?
    Do you have Anti-Virus running?

I suggest that you you give more info....
    (All 4 computers only recognize connection (1-2 sec.)?

Comment

USB burn tool v.2.0.7.2, I also use the usbview.exe to see if the box recognized.
      I tried on win7 and win10
      box version you can see attached, trying to install h96pro.H96PRO+_2G(16)_HS2734A_1000M_7.1.2018.04.10 .20.38
      I don't have a firewall
      I have Symantec Endpoint Protection

I attached the log files
      Attached Files

Comment

2018-11-24

Amlogic Worldcup Drivers..no longer installed properly??

"Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error
        Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error."

2018-11-23...."attempting to erase bootloader"..? Did USB Burn Tool succeed in seeing and flashing your China Box?

I'm sure there are smarter people who can help you..so at your own peril.
        • I've had only success using Amlogic USB Burn Tool v 2.05..17 or 2.06...17(forgetful)
        • Disconnect from internet.
        • Turn off antivirus and firewall if possible.(Your logs had something about not finding download path...to firmware?)
        • Uninstall USB Burn Tool...in all locations that you may have tried to install at. Manually go to these folders and delete files and all folders.
        • Uninstall World cup drivers..you will also need to go into Device Manager >show hidden devices and delete any mention to world cup drivers..
        • Reboot turn off Antivirus and firewall
        • Check Device Manager again to verify World Cup drivers are gone...also look to USB Hub drivers for any funky type of driver items which might conflict.
        • Install as Admin Amlogic Burn Tool ..careful..windows will try to install it's own drivers...fine but let the install program finish searching first...If you wait a World Cup driver prompt might pop up shortly also... I tried so many ways...well(forgetful)
        • After USB Burn Tool is installed, go into setup folder and find World Cup drivers folder.
        • Run the setup as Admin.
        • I also installed again via Driver.inf (win7)
        • Do not reboot!!!
        • Remove any USB devices if possible, if keyboard is USB..keep it. My USB mouse caused a conflict with one of my installs.
        • Try flashing your China box now.
        • You may want to try a different USB port that the one you have been using...as a first try...if fail try another port.
        • If you do not succeed, try rebooting.
        • Turn off antivirus and firewall.
        • Go into setup folder for World Cup drivers and install again...by both direct install and again install as Admin.
        • Try flashing again.
        • Hopefully you have success...if not...check your Device Manager to see if and where the World Cup USB drivers installed.
        • (Really forgetful)....you might connect your China Box and force Windows to find New Device...choose manual install and select the World Cup drivers from your setup folder.
        *** I'm sure there are better equipped members to provide help***
        P.S. 1. It looks like you are installing older firmware..compared to your screen shot 2018-05-08??
        2. Are you certain you have the proper firmware for the China Box "revision # printed inside on the PCB?

P.P.S I believing in dictating to my cat ..who does his best with his cute fumbly paws!

Comment

Working...
        X