Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 PRO+ 4k s912 / Wont work after update

Hello Guys,

After spending numerous hours of reading and trying to figure out what I did wrong I decided to ask for help. Everyone seems to be so knowledgeable within the form. Thank you for your help in advanced.

So I have a H96 PRO+ S912 box. Im not very technical but will try to provide the most information I can. I simply wanted to add some new apps onto my deceive which were all unsupported possibly due to the old firmware. Therefore I decided after reading and watching videos online to update my box.

Method used: USB BURNING TOOL / aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS-KDMC_mac-20170619

What I did:

I uploaded the image, selected start and then connected my android box to the laptop with mains power and usb (using the toothpick method) it picked up the device and it was stuck at 2%.

I started too google issues and it was suggested to untick the erase bootloader option which I did and and immediately once the device was detected again It updated 100% and said successful.

After this I plugged it into my TV again and there is a blue light on however no signal.

I tried a different hdmi and also a computer monitor. Still no signal.

I tried to plug it back into the laptop using the same method however there was no detection this time, no magical bling. Therefore I am unsure if I have bricked my box or what the issue is.

I hope there is some solution for what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated.

This morning whilst looking into the box (I see there is a faint red light and blue light on my box) I will attach pictures and hope someone can help me.

Once again thank you

UPDATE

Since my post (the red light has gone and I just have a solid blue light) if I ever pick up the box and move it about sometimes the red light flickers on for a second or 2 and disappears again
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by jayone; 03-06-2019, 07:02.

No replies as of yet. Anyone who is facing this issue. I now have resolved it. Watched a video on youtube about holding pinks 28-29 down. Dont have the link to the video can find it if anyone needed it. Before you know it I got the ding. The power cable stopped working since the upgrade and powers on with the usb to usb using a 2.5amp usb charger.

Since then I have read and read and found superceleron programs. I tried both

Here is the ATV 7.1.2 version :) Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play :) Thks trebor for the beta test! READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!! ON IMG INSTALL CHECK IF YOU PCB IS BLUE (LPDDR3 PRINTED ON THE BOARD) OR GREEN AND FLASH THE CORRECT IMG. INSTALL 1º SCV1 IMG AND THEM BY RECOVERY TO

EDIT: One more update... Many Thks to my beta tester's trebor and scooter2014 ! READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!! UPDATE LIKE THIS - SCV4 (IMG) -> SCV7A (OTA) (ALL OTHERS THAT ARE ON OTHER VERSIONS YOU CAN UPDATE JUST FINE ) ON IMG INSTALL CHECK IF YOU PCB IS BLUE (LPDDR3 PRINTED ON THE BOARD) OR GREEN

as I didnt know what the differences was. Both worked & I have decided to use the wifi chipset version.

a big big thank you too superceleron for the code which saved my box which i managed to brick.

I did have (whilst using the usb tool) errors around 20 times. I simply kept trying and eventually it worked.

No idea how safe it was but I felt I had nothing to loose.

Great form and great help and input.

Was hard for a non technical person like me to understand it all... However I managed it.

Comment

Working...
    X