Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I make a suggestion. If there is going to be a V8 don't change anything just refine or bugfix. Adding or removing bits and pieces that people are requesting will probably create additional bugs. If no further revisions after V8 are going to be made then this could be counterproductive.
    Superceleron has done a wonderful job on creating a superfast rom that outperforms anything stock, so only minimal tweaks should be needed.
    Last edited by Modelman; 11-26-2017, 17:37.

Comment

When updating from SCV4 to SCV7A, am I right in saying you can't use USB burning tool? Can you update via USB stick rather than SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by BringerOfRainX1 View Post
        When updating from SCV4 to SCV7A, am I right in saying you can't use USB burning tool? Can you update via USB stick rather than SD card?
        V7 installs through update app or TWRP. you can have the file on the device or USB flash drive. No need for flash tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizen View Post

V7 installs through update app or TWRP. you can have the file on the device or USB flash drive. No need for flash tool.
          I tried updating with USB flash drive but don't think it updated properly. Says on the update app "OTA update version 00502001". Is that the latest version?

Comment

I found some patch for gamepads with 0079-0011 id
            can you add it to your rom?
            https://github.com/spbnick/dragonris...ck_0011_driver

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/android-7.1.0_r0.2/drivers/hid/hid-dr.c
            Last edited by gogeta; 11-27-2017, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
              Well i im going to rls the V8 and it should be the last i think!
              Oh please make it Wisdom-compatible !
              Pretty Please ?
              (here is the stock fw for wisdom devices)

Comment

Guys im not going to promise anything.. add/remove i cant even remember the bugfixes i did!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                  Guys im not going to promise anything.. add/remove i cant even remember the bugfixes i did!
                  The only thing I'd suggest is fixing the Google app. When searching none of the links in the results are clickable. As a result I have to search from within chrome. Also the stock YouTube is the same. Also can't use the wireless mini keyboard to type into the search field,, have to use the on screen keyboard. As a result I uninstalled that and downloaded the version from play store. Also your Kodi media centre sometimes crashes. I'd agree don't add anything new, just streamline and fix bugs in v7a.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandrake View Post

The only thing I'd suggest is fixing the Google app. When searching none of the links in the results are clickable. As a result I have to search from within chrome. Also the stock YouTube is the same. Also can't use the wireless mini keyboard to type into the search field,, have to use the on screen keyboard. As a result I uninstalled that and downloaded the version from play store. Also your Kodi media centre sometimes crashes. I'd agree don't add anything new, just streamline and fix bugs in v7a.
                    Well the playstore click problem is not a easy fix since is not totally dependent on me... i can fix it and in a next update they unfix it again... so you see how hard it is!
                    The "default" youtube app is like that since is the android tv version and on that one the air mouse dont work... that is is why i leave it uninstallable so the user can choose to the one they like!
                    FTMC crash.. hmm that is hard to tell, some bad addon can do that.... my kids use it everyday and rarely crashes!

Comment

DELETED ..
                      Last edited by krypton; 11-29-2017, 11:05.
                      -RK3368 CSA91/R8/R68 V2, V4
                      Latest Updated Firmware for CSA91 based on Zidoo Full/Lite (Working Hardware Clock) by krypton

Comment

Sorry to jump in like this ...
                        Have purchased H96 pro plus, 3/32. ZH01-S912 ... V3.0 (09/22/2017) green pcb, q201_9377, box last week. Aigale wifi, Samsung emmc, hynix ram.

Want to ask if one should "burn" GREEN PCB SCV4 IMG 7.1.2 and immediatelly after SCV7A OTA 7.1.2 (presume contains cumulative patches).
                        So, no reboot in between or any other action? Amlogic burned 2.0.8 is to be used. Havent tested yet if the device is recognizable.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by churla View Post
                          Sorry to jump in like this ...
                          Have purchased H96 pro plus, 3/32. ZH01-S912 ... V3.0 (09/22/2017) green pcb, q201_9377, box last week. Aigale wifi, Samsung emmc, hynix ram.

Want to ask if one should "burn" GREEN PCB SCV4 IMG 7.1.2 and immediatelly after SCV7A OTA 7.1.2 (presume contains cumulative patches).
                          So, no reboot in between or any other action? Amlogic burned 2.0.8 is to be used. Havent tested yet if the device is recognizable.

Thanks
                          Flash main one by USB OTG or by burning SD card, then OTA update through either TWRP or UPDATE app included in the main rom.

Green should be your version but no guarantee that it will work (too many clones of this box at this point)

Comment

OK.
                            So normal reboot after v4 image (if even system update is an option for cumulative v7a). Was confused with changelog, especially for "now 64bit".
                            About clones, on some forum in my home country, four h96 pro plus purchased in last two weeks, all four different. One even blue one with lpddr3, other three have green pcb but different ram, emmc and/or wifi chip ... Should work since all wifi are in fact Atheros9377 based.
                            Will see during upcoming weekend. First need to gain factory rom if possible. Got mine from banggood.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandrake

I got a diferent expirience, my box runs everything without crashes google is clicable everywhere, can type with remote keybord but needed to disable sofware keybord on settings, voice commands also work, but every thing gets slow and laggy but works, but this box has so manny clones that we cant now for sure whats going on, i'm considering getting another box but there are som manny that i can't decide on my own for what to get, i'd like some advice if somebody can do so... Thanks everibody...

Enviado do meu GT-N8000 através de Tapatalk

Comment

Hello guys,

sharing my experience with the box. I was running SCV1 flashed long time ago with sd card method, so what did I do?
                                - opened my box to confirm PCB (green)
                                - downloaded SCV4 IMG - tried 2 sd cards - not a way to flash via sd card method, always stuck on recovery
                                - bough usb A male to A male (box said that cannot be used to pc - pc connection) but still
                                - tried all the external 2 usb ports - no chance/discovery under USB burning tool
                                - opened box - tried the 2 usb hidden ports - and voila!
                                - One of the hidden USB port was the OTG one
                                - First flash was not OK
                                - Booted the box into recovery (with pin holding while powering on)
                                - flashed SCV4 img via burning tool
                                - flashed SCV7A via OTA (sd card -> local update)

Now everything is perfect.

Hope my info helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X