Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for Magisk. There was a problem with SuperSu( bricking China Boxes on Android 7.1.2?) if I remember. https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk Beware, some of the older release versions of Magisk slowed boot times etc. Do your research first. Make a TWRP backup before tweaking/bricking your device is a smart idea.

Comment

A TWRP backup would be great, but twurrrp does not want to do that! It exits with an error. I googled a bit and what probably causes the error is more then one user.. /data/user-0 /data/user-1 etc.. TWRP can't handle that. At least that was what i found on that error. And that was on the previous install, SCV4. I have SCV7 installed now, maybe the error is gone? Can't try it at the moment, because i'm building a small coolingfan in the housing. Will try it tonight.
      Do you happen to know which Magisk version works with SCV7 ?

And do you happen to know what these empty pins could be? Serial port by any chance?

Comment

Not sure which version of Magisk is best. Check out xda fourms?

I'm on Android 9 (Pie) now.

Comment

I made a little prayer and installed Magisk 19.3.... it works!! Step by step my box is finally running great!
          Ok nice to know that 9 is running on this box! But for me 7 is more then i wish for, it runs great with this rom!! His main task wil be to replace my NAS. That's an old Zyxel and has reached his capacity limit with running servers.. so the plan is that the Zyxel does only maintenance to the RAID's and running NFS and SSH for connection and file transferr, a smart harddisk for the H96PRO And the H96PRO is going to run all the servers, streams etc.
          I just watched a movie on full hd and the temp stayed around 45/46 degrees. Running idle is about 40.. stockrom was a lot hotter!

But do you know if there is a schematic of the board? So that i know what these empty ports are? Or do you know what these are for? Can't seem to find any info on that. They talk in some forums about serial connection and read the UART log etc, but nowhere HOW to do it..?

Comment

my box is blue pcb and lddr3 + 9377 , i cant flash any firmware completely and always stuck in 7% "[0x32030201]Uboot/Disk Initial/Send command/Time out error",
            please help me if you know where is the way to enter maskrom mode , thanks.

Comment

I have also the blue board with LPDDR ram. I tried different roms, but most of them won't boot or do not feel smooth. I always come back to SC rom! After a brick i use USB_tool to flash "SCV4-Test1-Blue-PCB-H96ProPlus" to get it running again, and after that i OTA flash "OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus.zip" with update tool in SCV4. And that gets it 100% working again, always! But it is for us important to check if the rom is compatible with LPDDR ram, that's the big difference with other boards!
              If you have installed the USB_tool package, go to the install folder and start the usbview tool and see if your device is shown correct. It should say 'Worldcup' on one of your usbports. Then you know you have the correct drivers installed.
              Sometimes USB_tool will not see your device. Unplug the power, prepair the USB_tool an click start then push powerplug back in. If that's not working, leave the power plug in, again prepair USB_tool and click start, then hold the reset button for a few seconds.. mostly within 10 seconds the device is recognized and flashing begins.
              In a very bad situation where the device will not boot at all (have had it 2 times by flashing wrong bootloader!) you have to short pin 5 and 6 (I/O) of the Samsung chip, after you prepaired USB_tool and clicked on start. I can show a picture which pins, but i recon your device is not that far gone..
              And always choose 'Force erase'.
              Good luck!

btw, what is maskrom mode??

Comment

Well.. today i copied a shitload MP3's to my box.. and came to the conclusion that he can't play MP3's....???
                System sounds and message sounds no problem, youtube no problem, 2 days ago i watched a movie no problems, but no sound when i play mp3 files! On different players.. i installed MX player with the codecs, but still no sounds...

Edit: Never mind, i'm stupid! I had the F10Pro still connected and sound turned off on the controller... *facepalm*
                Last edited by RemonK; 12-01-2020, 13:07.

Comment

RemonK,

thanks for your reply, i do some tried in these day (more than hundred time), include borrow same box and the way your provide ,

1. my pc can detect device and show 'Worldcup' on one of usbports.
                  2. USB_tool can flash the borrow successful use 'SCV4-Test1-Blue-PCB-H96ProPlus' , but flash my box still stuck in 7%
                  [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out

3. my box can enter sdcard_buning mode , but still stcuk in first (should be 7%) by several firmware
                  4. use short pin , still stuck 7%
                  5. i had tried much pressing release button and release button way , all fail and stuck in 7%

before my box fully unworking , i cant install or remove any app successful, youtube always hang in playing less than 5 sec, set refactory will reboot infinity,
                  does it look like a bad emmc ?

maskrom mode?? => it is short ping mode in rockchip

Comment

Anyone tried playing 4k H265 encoded files with Kodi 19.1?
                    It sucks nearly all 3 gb of memory and playback stutters as it buffers. Color profile is off too LOL.
                    Finally made the switch from Kodi 17.9 to 19.1 today to see if I could play 4k H265 encoded files.
                    R-Box Pro 3G/16G
                    SCV7A 7.1.2 / LibreELEC 8.2.4.2

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
                      Anyone tried playing 4k H265 encoded files with Kodi 19.1?
                      It sucks nearly all 3 gb of memory and playback stutters as it buffers. Color profile is off too LOL.
                      Finally made the switch from Kodi 17.9 to 19.1 today to see if I could play 4k H265 encoded files.
                      Dual Boot your device with CoreELEC OS on a usb or sdcard. The Amlogic S912 has been able to to do butter smooth 4k H265 for 3 years or more LOL !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Dual Boot your device with CoreELEC OS on a usb or sdcard. The Amlogic S912 has been able to to do butter smooth 4k H265 for 3 years or more LOL !!!
                        Ah sweet! I had switched back because a while back I couldn't get the audiostreams to pass-through correctly. I'm going to have to refresh my dual booting memory.
                        R-Box Pro 3G/16G
                        SCV7A 7.1.2 / LibreELEC 8.2.4.2

Comment

Hello folks,

I have an issue I'm hoping someone can help me with please.

I thought this ROM would be compatible with my H96 pro plus.. (the circuit board has 2017-09-22 ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0 on it.) years ago I had put a superceleron ROM on it.. I thought it was an early version of this one but I could be wrong. The old rom worked but had a constant litany of app crashes.)

Anyway, I downloaded SCV4 from here and used USB flashing tool to make my brand new 64gb sandisk extreme SDCARD into a flashing card. Worked fine but when booting, it comes up with the android flash logo and a progress bar, the bar gets about a tenth of the way through and a red X appears on the android logo and it progresses no further. It doesn't boot anymore either. I tried again with a 16GB older SDCARD that I know works fine and got the same result.

I figured I'd gotten the wrong rom so I started trying to find the right one here: https://mega.nz/folder/8qhRRaYJ#2ZA3VLjvLT6wg0IwsTF27g the ones I thought might be the correct ones are no more successful than SCV4 was.

Is this ROM supposed to work with ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0 ??? If it is, what could be causing the partial write before failure? Failing that, how does one work out what the correct ROM is at https://mega.nz/folder/8qhRRaYJ#2ZA3VLjvLT6wg0IwsTF27g ? I don't see one with my code in it.. so what is the process by which we work out the correct rom for our hardware?

any help would be much appreciated, I've read though about 20 threads on freaktabs trying to fine a solution myself but clearly I'm missing something.

regards

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by MeZmeriZe_ View Post

ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0
                            The problem I believe is your board is the WISDOM variant, has been a long-time since messing with H96 myself, best to start a new forum topic/thread and post pictures of box case and board and maybe someone will have the same board to help you.

Comment

MeZmeriZe_

See this post: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...een#post716421

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                                I did try a new thread but it got no response and in the past this board had an early superceleron rom that I thought was one of the very early versions of this Rom... it was full of app crashes though so it wasn't all that usable.

I don't know if it matters, but that's a v2.0 and mine is 3.0.

I had already tried the wisdom roms in my mad rush to get a rom on there.. never progressed past 10 percent of the bar before the red X..

These are the ones I tried.
                                aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20171120
                                aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170918

from here: https://mega.nz/folder/8qhRRaYJ#2ZA3...older/Bqo1FDoQ

I got the idea from this thread: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-0-2017-09-09

I also tried a 4GB SDCARD because I read the suggestion in one of the posts but that didn't work either.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware error.

any thoughts?

regards

Frank

PS.. before I killed the ROM trying to install this one.. I recorded this from the build.prop of the superceleron ROM that was on it.

Code:
                                ro.build.id=NHG47L ro.build.display.id=H96 Pro Plus 7.1.2 NHG47L. ro.build.user=superceleron ro.build.flavor=q9377.user ro.product.brand=Amlogic ro.product.name=q9377 ro.product.device=q9377 ro.product.cpu.abi=arm64-v8a ro-bouard.platform=gxm
                                Just in case that helps identify the hardware.

Last edited by MeZmeriZe_; 10-02-2021, 21:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X