Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momo03
    replied
    Originally posted by drakman View Post
    I made the cable around 20cm long. The good news is that the box is connected on USB burning tool v2.0.8. 4
    The bad news is that I already have tested 4 different images without success, It stuck at 9% with the message UBOOT/Partition_aml_dtb/Verify Partition/Error result. Any help?
    Don't worry. I am confident that you can revive the box, just find the right firmware. (Of course it COULD be that your box has a defective flash-ROM, then you're out of luck).

Here's the mega-link to a vast collection of S912-ROMs - you could have found it in many posts on the first page of this thread!

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    I made the cable around 20cm long. The good news is that the box is connected on USB burning tool v2.0.8. 4
    The bad news is that I already have tested 4 different images without success,
    It stuck at 9% with the message UBOOT/Partition_aml_dtb/Verify Partition/Error result
    Any help?
    I have only one new(s) and it is bad... That is extremely rair error and there isn't a made solvation of it... A guy succeeded to flash finally his stock firmware after many negative trials and that is all I can say to you...So keep trying!

Leave a comment:

• drakman
    replied
    The bad news is that I already have tested 4 different images without success,
    It stuck at 9% with the message UBOOT/Partition_aml_dtb/Verify Partition/Error result
    Any help?

Leave a comment:

• drakman
    replied
    Thank you very much!! I will make it and i will be back with the results..

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Make yourself a male to male USB cable (from 2 old mouse or printer USB cables with length no more than 30-40 cm). Install USB Burning tool and if the box is recognized by the computer, you have not bricked it. If the box is bricked, you should unbruck it, but you will need again the USB Burning tool. So, make the cable!
    drakman,
    Here you can see the connections of the wires (it is by color). Click image for larger version  Name:	12714830.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.7 KB ID:	744308
    Last edited by lyubodelev; 09-11-2018, 21:53.

Leave a comment:

• drakman
    replied
    Thanks for your kind reply. I want to try with usb burning tool but i don't have a cable now. If you can help me with the link with other combatible with V6 blue PCB roms I would appreciate it.
    Note : When I unplug the sd card and power on the box I get only black screen. Is it not mean that the box is totally bricked?
    Last edited by drakman; 09-11-2018, 21:01.

Leave a comment:

• Momo03
    replied
    It was my mistake I know that. I thought that it will worked via SD because I read an other post with success. What can I do now is the problem..any help to get it back in life?
    I doubt that you have better chances with USB-Burning-Tool. Many users have reported flashing-problems via USB, and it seems to me that SD-Card is the fallback-method anyway.
    I have no cable for USB-tool and have flashed via SD-card only, both of my (totally different) boxes.

Don't worry, you haven't bricked the box permanently. The green robot with the rex "X" just means that the ROM is not compatible.
    Just try other ROMs, you find dozens for the Q9377-boards in the mega-link. Start with the other SVC4-variant.
    If your box is not a known brand, like alfawise, then it might just as well be a HS2734A-board. Try one of the few ROMs for that as well.

Just don't get frustrated, go step by step. Sooner or later you'll find a ROM that will flash and bring the box back to live.

Leave a comment:

• drakman
    replied
    It was my mistake I know that. I thought that it will worked via SD because I read an other post with success. What can I do now is the problem..any help to get it back in life?

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    It is clearly written on the first page: Use USB Burning tool!

Leave a comment:

• drakman
    replied
    Hi guys, I am new to Tv boxes. My box is totally new only 2 days but suddenly stuck at boot mbox screen. I used all recovery options without luck. i got the message (failed to mount/cache invalid argument) So I tried to flash my h96pro plus 3/32gb S32-V6(LPDDR3) 2017-09-05 blue PCB via SD card with SCV4 ROM but the box get stacked on green android robot with an X next to it.
    i am afraid that I bricked my box. Is there any other way to back in life?? Please if somebody can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Originally posted by djthomasgee View Post

Ive ordered a new power supply and try again when it's arrived.

Now sometimes when I enter into TWRP the Box strucks on the TWRP logo. Then I took of the power supply wait 5 minutes and mostly I can enter TWRP.
    .. Really strange.
    ​​​​​​
    Wait the new power supply to arrive.. If this doesn't work as it should, you can damage your box.

Leave a comment:

• djthomasgee
    replied
    Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

Then make a backup with TWRP on your friend's box on a flash drive and restore from that backup on your box!
    Ive ordered a new power supply and try again when it's arrived.

Now sometimes when I enter into TWRP the Box strucks on the TWRP logo. Then I took of the power supply wait 5 minutes and mostly I can enter TWRP.
    .. Really strange.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Momo03
    replied
    So, I got myself two S912-boxes so far.
    I started with an unbranded 2/16-model (and HS2734-modem, I found out later) to use a 40"-Screen with kodi. That worked more or less with the stock-rom, though it occasionally crashed.
    When I started to look for a bigger 3D-TV for my living room (and found that noone produces 3D anymore) and finally gound one of the last Sony ZD9-TVs in germany, I had to find out that

a) it's impossible to bring my Windows-Media-PC to full 4k-capability without paying a fortune for the biggest gaming-GPUs that exist and
    b) it's impossible to make this Sony-Android-TV switch to 3D when playing 3D-content from an internally installed Kodi (which is no problem from the windows PC !)

So I ordered another H96pro+ from gearbest, this time going for an alfawise 3/32GB because my Kodi-database is really.... huge... and the 2/16-model could be at its limits.

I was really baffled to find out that the Sony-ZD9 is still greying-out the 3D-option when playing 3D-content from the H96pro+, and that's when I started to search custom-ROMs (I have some experience with flashing MTK-smartphones).

It took some days and bricking both boxes before I had found functioning ROMs for both.
    The Alfawise can be flashed with SCV4, it boots and can be upgraded to SCV7. It's a blue PCB.
    The unbranded 2/16 boots with two different ROMs (can't tell at the moment).

I'm not using WiFi, both are connected via Ethernet-Cable. I have installed "Simple TV Launcher" on both, because I ONLY need Kodi, nothing else. Absolutely NOTHING else. The best solution for me would be a system that boot directly into Kodi. I would use Libreelec if there was a decent hardware-support.

The Alfawise seemed to work well at first sight. I set it up, installed kodi and went through the process of setting-up kodi to my liking, when I observed the first problems: Kodi ended the scanning- and scraping-process after about 20% of my media. It had ignored most of it. I tried to add some media manually with success and then ran the scanning again and again, until it finally had found everything.
    Very strange.
    The 3D-problem was not solved, so it's no use for the Sony-TV. I hooked the box up to the 40"-screen and I spent an hour or so marking the "seen"-media in Kodi, when the screen suddenly went black and the box didn't respond anymore. Prior to that the Kodi-UI become slower and slower.
    After power-cyle it booted normaly and we started to watch some 1080p-content, but after few minutes the display started to produce massive artefacts and decoding-errors. After a reboot it played about 30 minutes without problems, then started again to produce artefacts and decoding-errors "en masse" (actually it's looking like there are iFrames missing in the stream).
    Now I'm sitting here, typing this and the box is playing similar content - sometimes it plays flawlessly, then it becomes un-viewable with all the errors.
    Is that a software-problem, or is the box overheating?

The unbranded 2/16 seems to work well after flashing... whatever I found yesterday.
    But it has problem starting up, sometimes I have to re-power it two or three times before it starts booting.
    And it has a problem with the soft-off-function via remote-control. It powers off, but it rarely powers on again. I need to re-power it, which is really unsatisfying.
    I'm not talking about a full shut-off, just the short click on the power-button of the remote.

Oh, and I am using 3A-power-supplies on both boxes.

I'm really pissed by now, with two S912-boxes in unusable state. One not powering on via RC, the other producing unviewable video-output.
    Any helpful tips are really appreciated. I would be going for a Raspberry and libreelec, but it's not 4k-capable.
    Edit: I had success by now, both boxes are up and running again. The 3/32G-Alfawise indeed has an overheating-problem with the Superceleron-ROM. I have mounted a larger PC-Chipset-Heatsink that reduces the temperature from >80° to slightly above 60°, and that prodoces only rarely any decoding-errors. I'll add a small fan when I find one.

The unbranded 2/16G-box with black PCB can be flashed with two ROMs:
    - "s912m82.K3_7.1_2G(16)_HS2734A_1000M.2017.12.28.17 .34" -> works, but RC-power-on is not functioning
    - "unspecified HS7234A-ROM, dated 20180721" -> this one works completely
    Last edited by Momo03; 09-11-2018, 20:35.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Originally posted by Alianato View Post

The box only do proper a power off when in the power options I define the key as reboot, apparently this solves my issue through this workaround but of course it's not what was supposed to do.
    Where can I better define this settings, do you know?
    I tried build.prop but I saw nothing there with this respect.
    It's In the Droid Settings menu... powerkey definition option. Some custom roms do not have it, as the developer did not include it.

Leave a comment:

• Alianato
    replied
    Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
    From what it sounds like you need to adjust power off function in the settings. Either toggle from desired setting or set to desired setting.

so far the function to do standby Is exactly what the box is doing when powering off. I can download and have network functions on my box while In standby.

Seems that your system may have the setting corrupted or when powered off, the system has no voltage going to the secondary stage of system circuit, needed for standby and power off. The secondary stage powers IR receiver and possibly low power functions and memory.
    The box only do proper a power off when in the power options I define the key as reboot, apparently this solves my issue through this workaround but of course it's not what was supposed to do.
    Where can I better define this settings, do you know?
    I tried build.prop but I saw nothing there with this respect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X