Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Originally posted by djthomasgee View Post

Ive had already installed a custom firmware: aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-S912_LP_mac-20180409.
    Runs without any boot or display problems. But I prefer the scv4.

​​​​​​I have flashed it for a friend without any problems (same hardware specs: lpddr3 32gb)
    ​​​​​​
    Then make a backup with TWRP on your friend's box on a flash drive and restore from that backup on your box!

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied

Ive had already installed a custom firmware: aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-S912_LP_mac-20180409.

​​​​​​I have flashed it for a friend without any problems (same hardware specs: lpddr3 32gb)
    ​​​​​​
    I have he blue lpddr3 board and installed in order... SCV4a which is phablet with a modded light home and Web OS launcher, then installed all my apps via Ti Backup, because once the OTA of SCV7a is loaded its ATV will break Ti Backup from full functionality.

For some reason SCV7a has two versions built in. Once you flash the OTA over its self it removes ATV and loads the phablet version. ATV only loads from SCV7a OTA, if you have a fresh install of SCV4A. I think the build.prop SCV4a has enables ATV to load, and rewrites it, to switch to phablet if OTA is ran again.

I found the SCV7a OTA ATV version has nicer compatibility over SCV4a ATV.

Though, with the latest ATV apps, seems that they are now cross compatible to run both on phablet and TV with proper build.prop setups.

The only thing that keeps me away from ATV, is the latest customised firmwares are almost 100% cross compatible between ARM7 and ARM8a apps both tablet and ATV, with a proper launcher. TV Launcher is just that for me. Out side of missing live channels for Pluto use, there is no other reason now to move back to unsupported ATV, until SuperCeleron makes an updated OTA to patch the incompatibilities.

Leave a comment:

• lokito50
    replied
    Does the Android TV firmware version for this box work? I tried flashing it using the SD card maker method and nothing happened. Then the box went into a black screen so I thought I had bricked the device. I quickly made the SCV4 sd card from this thread and slapped it in, still black screen. While looking around the forum for un-bricking threads it seems that the flash did work but I never saw it in the TV screen, so when I looked back after a few minutes there it was, the setup screen. My TV is old, 2007 old-Panasonic Plasma(a friend gave it to me for free so I'm using it until a mid range 4K goes on sale this winter). Anyhow, yesterday I had the SCV7 installed but it was freezing after a few minutes, I thought it was Kodi at first but then it did it on Youtube also, so I started looking for more firmwares and came across the ATV version.
    Right now it has been playing YouTube for an hour with no issues on the SCV4 green PCB thats in page one here. How can I adjust my homescreen apps? Netflix/Youtube/Performanceinfo/Powermenu specifically?
    I tried the LightHome launcher but want to try others also, anything you can pitch I'd appreciate it.
    Cheers
    my H96p+ is the 3/16GB ddr4 q9377wifi

Leave a comment:

• djthomasgee
    replied
    Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post
    Why don't you try to brush another firmware to see what will happen?

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Why don't you try to brush another firmware to see what will happen?

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Depending on custom firmware and age of TV HDMI can throw off video when data detection is not valid. I noticed some odd video settings being passed during boot all the way into loading of the home screen. Had one firmware default to 480 for recovery, and another boot to 720 when at boot image was displayed. I don't like being annoyed by seeing my info menu popping up more than once while the device is used or booted up.

I think some TVs may not have 480 on HDMI, since 480 is not on the digital domain. Thus no image being displayed when a firmware try to push 480 on HDMI. Even though the TV is capable of 480, it probably has an internal analog to digital converter circuit to upscale from the RGB, S-Video, or DB-15 inputs on the back side.

you can flash recovery over the one installed by the firmware, you are using, as I have to remove the customised TWRP that is bloody awful at 480. Surprisingly for the customisation, it has no effect on the firmware, and should have been dropped, as a useless customisation.

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied

Does the rom need more power?
    I mean other roms are working with the used power supply and hdmi cable.

There is no problem with the picture output.
    As i told you from the black screen there was a signal on TV The picture was only black or better dark Grey. Like the box couldn't load anything..

Ive changed the cable and port: No change. The Freaktab Boot logo is there and nothing happens.
    Some days ago a guy experienced a dark screen error, when trying to enter in recovery. Otherwise he managed to boot in Android, but in recovery - black. screen. Replacement of the HDMI cable solved the problem. I don't know what to say...

Leave a comment:

• djthomasgee
    replied

First of all don't panic!
    My advise is to do two things before anything other, you do not expect maybe, but:
    1. Change the HDMI cable, connecting the box and the tv, and try another hdmi port on the tv!
    2. Change the charging adapter with another (5V, 2-3A) and try to power the box with it!I
    Does the rom need more power?
    I mean other roms are working with the used power supply and hdmi cable.

There is no problem with the picture output.
    As i told you from the black screen there was a signal on TV The picture was only black or better dark Grey. Like the box couldn't load anything..

Ive changed the cable and port: No change. The Freaktab Boot logo is there and nothing happens.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    From what it sounds like you need to adjust power off function in the settings. Either toggle from desired setting or set to desired setting.

so far the function to do standby Is exactly what the box is doing when powering off. I can download and have network functions on my box while In standby.

Seems that your system may have the setting corrupted or when powered off, the system has no voltage going to the secondary stage of system circuit, needed for standby and power off. The secondary stage powers IR receiver and possibly low power functions and memory.

Leave a comment:

• Alianato
    replied
    Hi all
    I have an odd issue, when I power down the box, via remote, status bar or app, the box goes into a "stand by mode"
    In this "stand by mode" there is a red led light instead of a blue one, the usb ports still have power on them and the most annoying thing is I cannot power up the box via remote, I need to unplug it and plug back the power adapter.
    The only way for me to really power down the box and then power up via remote is via reboot, I usually use an app for that, I don't trust this reboot very much because it's done very fast, almost immediately, so it does not seem a safe operation where the apps are closed and pending data saved, and of course a real reboot should restart the box after going down.

Anyone with a similar issue?

Leave a comment:

• Alianato
    replied
    removed because it was a duplicated post
    Last edited by Alianato; 09-08-2018, 13:35.

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied

First of all thank you for your help and your time.

Ive tried it again, same result: The Box stocks at the Freaktab Boot logo. After twenty minutes Id plug power of.

Then I tried to enter the boot menu. TWRP openes.
    I plugged power of and tried again to boot .. The Box stocks again at Freaktab Boot logo.

Then I tried again to enter boot menu. No TWRP.. Only black screen appears.

Have you any idea what this could be?
    I think I have damaged the bootloader but don't know how to fix.

First of all don't panic!
    My advise is to do two things before anything other, you do not expect maybe, but:
    1. Change the HDMI cable, connecting the box and the tv, and try another hdmi port on the tv!
    2. Change the charging adapter with another (5V, 2-3A) and try to power the box with it!I

Leave a comment:

• djthomasgee
    replied

Erase bootloader - yes
    Erase flash - yes
    Normal erase
    I use USB Burn. tool 2.1.2, or 2.0.8.
    First of all thank you for your help and your time.

Ive tried it again, same result: The Box stocks at the Freaktab Boot logo. After twenty minutes Id plug power of.

Then I tried to enter the boot menu. TWRP openes.
    I plugged power of and tried again to boot .. The Box stocks again at Freaktab Boot logo.

Then I tried again to enter boot menu. No TWRP.. Only black screen appears.

Have you any idea what this could be?
    I think I have damaged the bootloader but don't know how to fix.

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied

Hmm no change..
    With the last Box there was no problem to flash the rom..

In USB burning tool which settings should be checked?
    Erase bootloader or not? Erase flash...
    Cold you kindly describe in detail?
    I've installed burning tool version 2.16 (key ist copied)
    Erase bootloader - yes
    Erase flash - yes
    Normal erase
    I use USB Burn. tool 2.1.2, or 2.0.8.

Leave a comment:

• djthomasgee
    replied

Remove everything from the USB ports and try to boot again.
    Hmm no change..
    With the last Box there was no problem to flash the rom..

In USB burning tool which settings should be checked?
    Erase bootloader or not? Erase flash...
    Cold you kindly describe in detail?
    I've installed burning tool version 2.16 (key ist copied)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X