Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chenrp
    replied
    any update on android 8.1?

Leave a comment:

• manouras
    replied
    Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

Then enter in TWRP (holding the reset button on boot) and make install of the Update from there!
    That works!!!thank you very much!!!

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Originally posted by manouras View Post

i did it.i use flash drive and 2 different sd cards but nothing happen.Just shuts down.
    Then enter in TWRP (holding the reset button on boot) and make install of the Update from there!

Leave a comment:

• manouras
    replied
    Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post
    Try a flash drive. Open In applications UPDATE. Chose local update and choose the SCV7A zip file from the flash drive. That's it.
    i did it.i use flash drive and 2 different sd cards but nothing happen.Just shuts down.

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Try a flash drive. Open In applications UPDATE. Chose local update and choose the SCV7A zip file from the flash drive. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• manouras
    replied
    hi.I have a problem and i want your help.i install the green firmware to my box with burning tool and everithing went ok.i start the box and i tried to update with sd card but the box shuts down and never restarts.i tried with two different sd,with usb stick but always the same.shuts down. Have any of you an idea how to solve this problem?p.s.sorry for my poor english.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Maybe you should invest in a DVE HD Basics bluray. H264 8bit is different than h265 10bit, they can exist together in how the decode is setup on the processor on your projector.

I have a DLP rear screen display. Similar to a projector, but self contained.

The bluray will assit in a proper calibration with setting up for decode of 10 bit samples, even if your projector can only do 8bit at 4444

you need to identify your highest level of input your projector can do, and setup your box to keep that format, and not adjust outside of that.

Many complain about unable to get auto pull down function, but in reality most displays aprnd projectors do not have separate decoders, only one to do all decodes. So as long as you have calibration options you can fine tune and get the best picture.

My TV can do 444 10bit internally without conversion, most older sets can only do 422 10 bit with conversion up to 444 10bit, or only 8bit which RGB must be used.

Some projectors do better in RGB, depending on tech being used.

well anyway... The bluray will take you to the basics and assist you into greater details in fine tuning. You will need to obtain info on your projector factory settings, usually in a hidden menu. You may find that info on the net, via forum on your projector. I use to follow the avsforums when i first got my TV, to obtain what i needed to know. Some devices can use the same settings as others who post their settings, so no guess work on your end.

Leave a comment:

• Modelman
    replied
    The box is mainly used through a 2018 1080p Epson projector. Although I can't obviously benefit from the 4k capabilities in this setup I just wanted to play H265 HEVC & 1080p H264 files. Hopefully with vibrant colors and normal contrast without a watercolor washed out picture.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Originally posted by Modelman View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. I must admit I've not experimented with the various media player software yet as I assumed the issue may be with the hardware or even android 7.
    I've used MX player before on other devices but not Vimu. Are there any settings on this player that are needed to achieve good HEVC playback?
    If you don't care about TV capabilities, then do software decoding. If you have an S912 chip, and good heat sink, there should be good enough decode to have a reasonable picture quality.

I am on SuperCeleron SCV7a which has all the codecs fixed. He has proven HEVC works, and sez the output on these boxes are as good as his Shield TV.

Leave a comment:

• Modelman
    replied
    Thanks for the response guys. I must admit I've not experimented with the various media player software yet as I assumed the issue may be with the hardware or even android 7.
    I've used MX player before on other devices but not Vimu. Are there any settings on this player that are needed to achieve good HEVC playback?

Leave a comment:

• lyubodelev
    replied
    Hi all,
    Hi!
    Try Vimu media player!
    http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/13553861/Vimu Media Player [6.80].apk
    Last edited by lyubodelev; 08-10-2018, 18:23.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Hi all,

After testing the AlfaWise H96 PRO+ on SC's 7A rom I decided to try some HEVC video files. This was somewhat disappointing as colors looked pale and washed out. Contrast and general brightness was also way down. I've been told this a common issue on android boxes. Has anyone else found this especially when playing HEVC files?
    If so are there any easy fixes?
    Donno, my tv is 709 calibrated. I use MX Player Pro set to use hardware decode and have a TV that has a video input set at 444 10bit which is the native architecture. Not sure what the internal movie player does, as I don't use it.

If your TV does not reproduce 10 bit or 444 properly, it will look washed out. Depending on TV architecture, mid range to low cost displays are problematic. When you pay for a top of the line model that is HDX certified, I doubt you need calibration done, when properly set up.

Leave a comment:

• Modelman
    replied
    Hi all,

After testing the AlfaWise H96 PRO+ on SC's 7A rom I decided to try some HEVC video files. This was somewhat disappointing as colors looked pale and washed out. Contrast and general brightness was also way down. I've been told this a common issue on android boxes. Has anyone else found this especially when playing HEVC files?
    If so are there any easy fixes?

Leave a comment:

• thipolito
    replied
    Hi Superceleron,

Just bought a new box with LPDDR3.

Can you please develop a SCV4 GREEN (LPDDR3) PCB IMG?

Many thanks.
    T.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• thipolito
    replied
    Hi Superceleron,

Just bought a new box with LPDDR3.

Can you please develop a SCV4 GREEN (LPDDR3) PCB IMG?

Many thanks.
    T.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X