Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingmarth View Post
    I am running systemless root and Netflix is giving me error 'There is a problem playing video.Please try again (1.20). Root is hidden in Magisk Manager.

i had to re-install Netflix and all working now

I also noticed bottom nav bar is missing light off option and switch off option.
    A little trade off for fixing other problems!
    Use reboot app, or long press the remote power button!

Comment

Originally posted by Blegis View Post

JoseM adaway and adblocker reborn both works

/C
      thanks for the info can i use both apps ?

Comment

Heya,
        Just a word to the wise using Magisk as root. Do not install older version of modules. Current stable version of Magisk is 13.3. There are older modules still available on github...etc and have to be updated.
        Using an older module will mess up your version of Magisk and make you China Box unstable.
        ​​​​​​​
        Magisk - The Universal Systemless Interface, to create an altered mask of the system without changing the system itself.

Reap

Comment

• superceleron
          superceleron commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you have to live with it until they update it :/
          Im out of this device for 1 month or more... have sh*t load of other stuff to do!

good morning guys, i have flashed sucussfully SCV4 IMG 7.1.2 at h96+ pro with usb burn tool, but how do i upgrade to SCV4A and than to SCV4B??? i am to blind to see how it works.

Comment

@ Spevil,
          Place the SCV4a And SCV4b and SCV5 on a sd card and Update(Local) from your apps Install >a and reboot install >b and reboot, finally install v5

Comment

Spoke to soon, watched a full movie today. Tried to Youtube..but got black screen..sometimes only audio. Chrome failed to load web videos. Had to reboot to fix and eventually same scenario. Reboot to fix 3 or 4 times this evening. Did not tweak or play with settings...just watched a a movie.

Comment

All sound of heat issues not firmware as its running on aliot of devices with no issues or faulty device or power supply.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Naw, it's like the codec goes into idle/sleepmode. Reboot and can play Youtube (Webm) or Chrome (Html5). 4k demos will continue..to play but they get glitchy...something is likely happening to the Amlogic hardware acceleration? Maybe my Action launcher quirks with the hardware video layers in this firmware and Android 7?
                SCV4 was the same..more green screen Chrome and sporadic audio only on Youtube...if I started Mx Player and played different video formats..sometimes that would fix Youtube and Chrome...for a bit.

This weeks new firmware has been a trial.

SCV1 which I was using since it came out was free from this error...but some 4k Lip sync gaps..and some 4k encodes would struggle more than others. I also could use Antutu benchmark with out glitchy audio.
                Antutu might warble now...but...I like how SCV5 is fluid and manages ram better. I hesitate to go back.

I wonder if there is a build.prop, property.xml or platform.xml file that can be hacked to include>wake hardware acceleration.

Comment

@ scooter2014,
                  I wonder if you've come close to the mark with heat issue. SCV1 did not have this problem.

SCV5 -I can run endless Chrome video/Youtube video..for several hours straight(waste of life). But if I send Chrome to the background or Youtube and start E-mail..etc. I wonder if there is a GPU termal shut-off for hardware acceleration, which, this firmware/Android 7 does not have a proper call-back or "hook" to re-enable hardware acceleration when idle or cooler.

Mx player will also try to play in SW mode..and I must force HW+ or also give up and reboot. Where Android 7 hardware acceleration modules will initialise again.

If that makes some sense.

Comment

Hi guys. I am having troubles upgrading to SCV4a, b & 5 via OTA. I have downloaded these files onto a USB. I select the file using the Update App but when I click confirm it powers off my device before updating. I have also noticed that the Reboot App does not work on my device. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Something for Magisk users to be aware. If your safetynet status becomes disable or faulty in the Magisk manager, try a reboot. If you see Playstore service crashed (or other services?) your safetynet status can't be verified until you reboot in a stable Android environment.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmeyer72 View Post
                        Hi guys. I am having troubles upgrading to SCV4a, b & 5 via OTA. I have downloaded these files onto a USB. I select the file using the Update App but when I click confirm it powers off my device before updating. I have also noticed that the Reboot App does not work on my device. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
                        reboot does not work untill you root the device .

Comment

@ ajmeyer72,
                          Your reboot app will not work until you root.

If you get into TWRP after choosing Update app.. Then choose install button and select SCV4a zip and reboot when done. Repeat this process with each firmware. Reboot is important..no shortcuts

Comment

Truly im sooo sorry if this is a noob/stupid question, but i have searched everything i could possibly think of for an answer, with no luck!

Will these "Alfawise" Roms for the H96 Pro plus, work on the "Non Branded" H96 Pro Plus DDR4 boxes aswell? or are these specific for only Alfawise boxes?

- if they do work on the Non-Branded boxes...is there anything additional i must do to get the box fully working (example: like wifi, or remote etc..)

- if they DO NOT WORK on the non-branded boxes...can someone direct me to where i can find updated firmware for these boxes? in the "other S912" section in this forum, people keep posting ROMs that are non tested and no1 knows where they came from or who modded/developed them...and i dont know if developers like Superceleron are working on the Non-Branded version!

truthfully im sorry, but im confused, and this is the only way i can think of getting a straight answer

Thank you,

Comment

for DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

so yes it will run fine .. if you dont have the 9377 chipset then Wifi will not work but Lan will

Comment

Working...
                              X