Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

as far as i found out, all other s912/s905X are heating up and throttle above 72C.
    so if you mod the case, you won't throttle.

but,
    the case has no vents on top. i think that a heatsink won't do. just add fan/vents...

i will try putting copper adhesive and see if there is a temperature chage.
    Thanks for the response. I have a hole cut out of the top cover of the box with a 40 mm fan connected to a usb adapter. I have noticed a reduction in the temp, but I would like to add a more suitable heatsink.

Thanks,
    NC

Comment

Any GPU heatsink would do

Comment

Hey Guys,

Great Work on the ROM

I have posted here a couple of times with my problem with HD video playback and it seems that I have some more info. Maybe someone could help me

I reflashed to the original rom SCV4 and downloaded my apps. All apps streamed fine in HD

I then updated to SCV6 OTA and now all the apps are streaming in SD (Live tv apps)

Was anything changed between theses updates that would change this.

I actually noticed since SCV5 OTA that video is now in SD quality.

This is only apparent during some apps

Thanks

Comment

Here's mine, temp is 45C watching live HD TV, never seen it go above 53C. No mods to case or heat sink, stock firmware. I used a dollar store paper clip basket and repurposed a 5 volt fan from a laptop cooler. The way it sits, it sucks air through the side vents, out the bottom vents, through the fan and out the mesh. The foam damps the hum from the fan and it's super quiet.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

I think it is better to add vents and keeping the unit small and compact.

Comment

I think I'll start by cutting open the top :P

tho right now I taped it behind my tv and it's around the 65 degrees.. not too shabby

:P also you guys make me want to buy a 3d printer :P

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	670471 its better cut to hole on top blow air in over Cpu add holes in the side for hot air to exit out . see page48 for photo's of my mod
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by wwmoggy; 09-14-2017, 01:34.

Comment

@ superceleron,

I'm sure my lone error report may seem unique in this firmware. I've been trying to fix Youtube and Chrome playback errors.
                  These are in no way heat related. I've cut open the top and placed a mini fan (45C.) Still Youtube will fail. Black screen and audio only, (at end of video the next video short cuts will be overlaid on the black screen.
                  Sometime the loading circle will be endless...if I'm lucky. I can try to skip ahead and the video may(rarely) start to play... If I try to skip ahead at most times a black video will( usually) occur.
                  I have a average 120 Mbps connection. Once in a while Youtube will pop a grey no connection warning. None of this happen in SCV1...android 6.

If Youtube fails,then, Chrome follows by being unable to load any video. Only a reboot will fix the problem...which will be can fine from 10 min to 1 hour+.

Mx player will only play in Sw mode until reboot for fix.

I've searched Google and similar issues have been discussed for Nougat(7).

Xda (a great source of info) has indicated others with same/similar problem.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3#post68800033 (Exactly the same error discussion)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...n-fix-t3612603 (Tried it....but black screen came back)

There were some discussion about some apps Special Permission (Draw over other apps) to be a Nougat problem. (Turned all mine off..still no good). Magisk..? ( Next flash of SCV6, I'll SuperSU)

Any chance jaskas82 streaming issues similarly effected (no HD)?

Reap

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                    @ superceleron,

I'm sure my lone error report may seem unique in this firmware. I've been trying to fix Youtube and Chrome playback errors.
                    These are in no way heat related. I've cut open the top and placed a mini fan (45C.) Still Youtube will fail. Black screen and audio only, (at end of video the next video short cuts will be overlaid on the black screen.
                    Sometime the loading circle will be endless...if I'm lucky. I can try to skip ahead and the video may(rarely) start to play... If I try to skip ahead at most times a black video will( usually) occur.
                    I have a average 120 Mbps connection. Once in a while Youtube will pop a grey no connection warning. None of this happen in SCV1...android 6.

If Youtube fails,then, Chrome follows by being unable to load any video. Only a reboot will fix the problem...which will be can fine from 10 min to 1 hour+.

Mx player will only play in Sw mode until reboot for fix.

I've searched Google and similar issues have been discussed for Nougat(7).

Xda (a great source of info) has indicated others with same/similar problem.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3#post68800033 (Exactly the same error discussion)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/len...n-fix-t3612603 (Tried it....but black screen came back)

There were some discussion about some apps Special Permission (Draw over other apps) to be a Nougat problem. (Turned all mine off..still no good). Magisk..? ( Next flash of SCV6, I'll SuperSU)

Any chance jaskas82 streaming issues similarly effected (no HD)?

Reap
                    I'm using SCV6 on H96pro plus, yesterday just tested YouTube to play 4k and couple of HD video.
                    No problem here.

For mxplayer, I m regular user and on SCV6 also no issue here.

Additional info here, I didn't root the box yet.

Hope this help. Just my 2-cents.

Comment

@ muncheno,

Thanks. I groot..I mean root every firmware. I intend to reflash with SuperSu and maybe try without root first. Possibly this weekend, kinda busy...and wanted to avoid undoing/redoing all my setup again.

Comment

Hmm it may be a root problem... i need to test it, since i do my test on unroot state!

Comment

@ superceleron,

If you do that's great; If you don't that's OK too. Maybe Magisk...may be root in general.
                          I might try removing Magisk first (weekend). Probably a clean start will remove any leftover/hidden modified system files.

I have three Christmas Boxes on their way, I'll have lots of testing opportunities.
                          Reap

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                            @ superceleron,

If you do that's great; If you don't that's OK too. Maybe Magisk...may be root in general.
                            I might try removing Magisk first (weekend). Probably a clean start will remove any leftover/hidden modified system files.

I have three Christmas Boxes on their way, I'll have lots of testing opportunities.
                            Reap
                            i will try tonight (PT time) since im between roms i do a quick test on it.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

i will try tonight (PT time) since im between roms i do a quick test on it.
                              superceleron you are living in Portugal? (eu sou alemão e moro em Braga, será que posso te mandar um mail ou PM?)

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

superceleron you are living in Portugal? (eu sou alemão e moro em Braga, será que posso te mandar um mail ou PM?)
                                Yes im portuguese!
                                hmm well you can send a PM but you need to wait in line lol i have lots of pm's and i mean really a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X