Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This SCV6 is great! Before, with SCV5 I was having UI error messages frequently and the only way to stop them was reboot.

Offtopic: I'm also portuguese and living in Braga. tombraga just let me know if I can be useful!

Comment

hi sorry i want to ask how i see what model of alfawise h96 pro plus i have... i see that i have to open, and after , how can identify what versione of scv i have? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HilariousPT View Post
        Offtopic: I'm also portuguese and living in Braga. tombraga just let me know if I can be useful!
        Thanks, i sent a pm to you.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes im portuguese!
          hmm well you can send a PM but you need to wait in line lol i have lots of pm's and i mean really a lot!
          ok, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
            @ superceleron,

If you do that's great; If you don't that's OK too. Maybe Magisk...may be root in general.
            I might try removing Magisk first (weekend). Probably a clean start will remove any leftover/hidden modified system files.

I have three Christmas Boxes on their way, I'll have lots of testing opportunities.
            Reap
            ok... i just root it with magisk 14 and... no problems here at all... just watch a 1h50m movie in ftmc no problem over smb and watch a 1h show in YT and no problem again!
            So really dunno.. you m8 need to do a factory reset!

Comment

LOL, This will be third time installing SCV4 (2nd time SCV6).
              I'm going to remove Magisk later this weekend, give it a few rounds... ( with Youtube...it can play after a fresh boot, but if I try 4+ clips, then it will goes black(still see skip ad marker and progress bar).

Thanks, really! I will eventually figure what evil lurks beneath.

Comment

I'm going to remove Magisk later this weekend, give it a few rounds... ( with Youtube...it can play after a fresh boot, but if I try 4+ clips, then it will goes black(still see skip ad marker and progress bar).

The Shadow knows

Comment

silly idea, but could it be lack of ad blocker? (seeing you say you have the ad marker) ... I have no issues with youtube, but I'm running a blocker.

Although I must say that I run my youtube from the kodi plugin. Perhaps that does something as well

Comment

@ djmoulder,

Not a silly idea, some type of surface rendering that affects null visibility? Kodi...I've only copied over my build 2 days ago. Lost effort if I have to flash the box again.

If I have to redo, I'll keep to the basic firmware and see what interaction causes this glitch. Action Launcher, Chrome, Magisk, Es Explorer..any of my main preferred apps that may have influence system wide.

Comment

Superceleron

please make a patch for 6255

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
                        yes it does I used it just remember to rename the image file to update.img first
                        wwmoggy but in the youtube tutorial you mentioned (TV Box Stop) they don´t unmark erase bootloader (they let it checked for yes) and also they don´t change the .img filename to update.img. They let it original name.

the same in the 2. tutorial from Peter Carcione, he also did not change the file name and also checked all 4 issues (erase_bootloader incluided)

In this way with this youtube tutorial i updated my box from Marshmallow 6 to Nougat 7 and worked fine.

I only want to reconfirm, now we have to

- uncheck the "erase_bootloader"

and before we burn we have to

- rename the rom-file into "update.img"

Can you confirm this please? thanks a lot

what abou the root; when i update to SCV6? I will loose root? if yes, how i root it after installed SCV6?

and what about TWRP? Is there a possiblilty in the meanwhile to install TWRP 3.1.1 for this tv-box?

until i did not update any rom from here, this is my actual situation on the box. Can i update from here directly to SCV6 rom?

Last edited by tombraga; 09-15-2017, 13:56.

Comment

@, superceleron,

Hmm, I think I may have found source of problem.

Youtube again popped up with (no connection) flag. I have Stable 100+ Mbps connection. I connect to 5G wifi. I get data burst up to 180 Mbps with average 120 Mbps

I just changed to my 2G band. Well tried to. System froze as soon as I touched the top nav bar wifi icon. Reboot try to tap nav bar wifi icon...system freeze?
                          Reboot again, still on 5G. Went to settings cog and changed to 2G ( Only 40 Mbps)

I played a dozen clips forwards and back. Re- started Youtube and still played clips forward and back. Some thing in the Nougat 5G wifi driver, cause system error??

I'll further test later today.

Hopefully!!!

Reap

Comment

• superceleron
                            superceleron commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lower the wifi channel of your 5G in the router!
                            That will fix it... i use 36 on mine!

ppl use this box over wifi?

Comment

Originally posted by djmulder View Post
                            ppl use this box over wifi?
                            i do... lol but only for my tests, but this is not my main tvbox so is in the storage all the time lol..
                            But all depend on your router... i have a good one, if you have a bad one....... ouch!

Comment

Another thing all this boxes have problems in 5G wifi if the channel is over 56...

Comment

Working...
                              X