Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post

I removed the logo strip by carefully prying it up. It's stuck pretty good so go slow. Once I had it removed I could take off the original heat sink. I stuck together two 30mmX30mmX10mm heat sinks. I put the thermal tape from the original heat sink back on the S912 chip and stuck the new heat sink to it. I leaned a usb fan on it and at idle got CPU temps of 30C and watching HD video got 35C.
    I didn't like the idea of blowing dust into the box so I cut the logo strip so it would close the top in. The heat sink fin openings were closed in by sliding strips of electrical tape between them. I leaned the fan the same way. Temperatures suffered a bit, 34C at idle and 37C on HD video but are acceptable. I ordered a smaller fan to stand up behind the heat sink. I ran without the fan and saw 44C at idle and 48C on HD video.
    I plugged the H96 Pro+ into a power monitor, it displayed 2-4 watts while watching HD video.

i think that instead of the plastic logo strip,i will make a metal strip and connect the cpu heatsink to it.
    What do you think?

Or...place a congatec ma30 (intel atom heatsink) instead...

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

i think that instead of the plastic logo strip,i will make a metal strip and connect the cpu heatsink to it.
      What do you think?

Or...place a congatec ma30 (intel atom heatsink) instead...
      It's worth a try. I found that the heat sink is pretty flimsy being stuck to the S912 with thermal tape.
      Due to its high heat conductivity properties, I first tried to use 0.5 MM blue thermal pad instead of the tape but it didn't stick very well and I couldn't trust it to stay in place which is why I reverted to the tape. One thing I noticed with the thermal pad was that the temperture would swing around more. I figured it was the time it took for the heat to disspate through the pad for the metal heat sink to absorb the heat. I think my results show that the size of the heat sink doesn't make as much of a difference as blowing air across it does and I got best results wih air blowing close to the chip/heatsink interface before I closed in the top.
      Whatever you try, make sure the heat sink remains in good contact to the S912 chip or you could drive it to thermal shutdown or worse, blow it.
      I'd really like to try a heat pipe. I haven't figured a good way to fasten it to the S912 yet.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

It's worth a try. I found that the heat sink is pretty flimsy being stuck to the S912 with thermal tape.
        Due to its high heat conductivity properties, I first tried to use 0.5 MM blue thermal pad instead of the tape but it didn't stick very well and I couldn't trust it to stay in place which is why I reverted to the tape. One thing I noticed with the thermal pad was that the temperture would swing around more. I figured it was the time it took for the heat to disspate through the pad for the metal heat sink to absorb the heat. I think my results show that the size of the heat sink doesn't make as much of a difference as blowing air across it does and I got best results wih air blowing close to the chip/heatsink interface before I closed in the top.
        Whatever you try, make sure the heat sink remains in good contact to the S912 chip or you could drive it to thermal shutdown or worse, blow it.
        I'd really like to try a heat pipe. I haven't figured a good way to fasten it to the S912 yet.

So you recommend a small fan instead...
        Your heatsink would fit with zip ties...

Comment

So you recommend a small fan instead...
          Your heatsink would fit with zip ties...
          If you take the logo strip off, I would try a small fan blowing on the stock heat sink to see what temperatures you get. I wish I had the foresight to have tried that first. I used double faced foam tape on my fan. It helps dampen vibration. This hardware stuff should really be in another thread, I hope superceleron doesn't mind...it just kind of happened...lol...sorry.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

that makes me wonder tho: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...nown-connector

that connector, is it intended for fans?

Comment

If you take the logo strip off, I would try a small fan blowing on the stock heat sink to see what temperatures you get. I wish I had the foresight to have tried that first. I used double faced foam tape on my fan. It helps dampen vibration. This hardware stuff should really be in another thread, I hope superceleron doesn't mind...it just kind of happened...lol...sorry.
              I opened a new hardware mod thread and someone closed it for me...

Comment

I opened a new hardware mod thread and someone closed it for me...
                hmm i will check out what happened!

Comment

I got another box for free and running stock for a while, not had any issues, next to use the rom again.
                  My old box does crash a lot and with mods.

Comment

Hello
                    I was wondering any1 has the play store crashing all the time ? cant even open it anymore avec the OTA update
                    Whenever I want to update through the application, a zip it is just power off the box ..

Comment

Originally posted by Kingmarth View Post
                      I got another box for free and running stock for a while, not had any issues, next to use the rom again.
                      My old box does crash a lot and with mods.
                      Free? How?

Comment

Free? How?
                        I complained to the seller and he sent me another unit.

Comment

can i use this TWRP FX theme with our rom SCV6 version? if yes, how i install it

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                            can i use this TWRP FX theme with our rom SCV6 version? if yes, how i install it

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...27654967230069
                            you could try it and see install as OTA local file ( BACK UP FIRST JUST IN CASE )

Comment

Hi guys,

is there a patch to use this rom with a AP6255 wifi chipset ?
                              It is to use with a GT1 Ultimate new box SN AX12

Thank you all,
                              Regards

Comment

Hello
                                I got a little issue with OTA updates
                                whenever I select a file and click confirm and accept it just poweroff the box
                                The only way to install any OTA, zip etc ,, is through twrp
                                What could cause that ? firmware or hardware

Does any1 have an alfawise stock 7.1.2 firmware by any chance ?
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X