Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wunga View Post
    Hello
    I got a little issue with OTA updates
    whenever I select a file and click confirm and accept it just poweroff the box
    The only way to install any OTA, zip etc ,, is through twrp
    What could cause that ? firmware or hardware

Does any1 have an alfawise stock 7.1.2 firmware by any chance ?
    Thank you
    Well you are using mouse or airmouse to select the update etc?

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post

you could try it and see install as OTA local file ( BACK UP FIRST JUST IN CASE )
      i tried it already on my Nexus 7 - very nice

and i also asked there on the Google+ page and now i know: this themes are independant of the rom and device you use, important to have minimum TWRP 3.1

i like it, very easy to install and use, working good and i tried already crDroid and RR theme on my tablet.

i like the menus, easy to get to the file manager, but i did not try yet a backup for example or install some other rom. but it might work the same way, because only theme is different? or what you think?

but ok, i will not go further with this here, more important for me is a new update of the SCV6, which is a so fantastic rom.

my tv-box donĀ“t freeze more, before on stock rom, every day it was freezing and i had only the option to switch power off, now i relax, thanks once more superceleron

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well you are using mouse or airmouse to select the update etc?
        Hello SC
        I was using mouse option from remote control then I plugged a usb mouse

I dont have my tools to measure power output but I suspect problemis coming from the last batch of poswersupply
        I decided to power the box just with a usb cable connected to a laptop (nothign else no power supply) and then all seems to work the way it should, a few little glitches but could reboot, in recovery, reboot normally and all features are working . maybe power supply or power jack is having an issue ... I have that on 2 new boxes that just arrived

I have to check more if the problem is coming from the power supply or the new batch of motherboards

After another reboot even with usb only things are crashing again, very strange ..
        I flashed a few times always success but .. unstable,

Comment

Hello SC
          I was using mouse option from remote control then I plugged a usb mouse

I dont have my tools to measure power output but I suspect problemis coming from the last batch of poswersupply
          I decided to power the box just with a usb cable connected to a laptop (nothign else no power supply) and then all seems to work the way it should, a few little glitches but could reboot, in recovery, reboot normally and all features are working . maybe power supply or power jack is having an issue ... I have that on 2 new boxes that just arrived

I have to check more if the problem is coming from the power supply or the new batch of motherboards

After another reboot even with usb only things are crashing again, very strange ..
          I flashed a few times always success but .. unstable,
          Looks like you got a bad supply :/

Comment

superceleron i know you are very busy, but as i did not get any answer i like to put my questions once more here (i am waiting more from other users any answer) -thanks

Dolby Atmos

I use Dolby Atmos on my 2 tablets (Lenovo and Nexus 7) and i like it very much.

superceleron can i flash a zip-file with our installed TWRP , I thought in this https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2#post73816841

or is there other dolby atmos zip which i can flash?

Launcher

where in the settings can i change the launcher?

Comment

hmm...
              i really dont know if that work, try it... the max it could do if you need to flash the box again lol
              about launcher... see the settings and them more setting and is in apps press the 3 dots(or ir cogwell i cant remember now lol) and is there!

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                superceleron i know you are very busy, but as i did not get any answer i like to put my questions once more here (i am waiting more from other users any answer) -thanks

Dolby Atmos

I use Dolby Atmos on my 2 tablets (Lenovo and Nexus 7) and i like it very much.

superceleron can i flash a zip-file with our installed TWRP , I thought in this https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2#post73816841

or is there other dolby atmos zip which i can flash?

Launcher

where in the settings can i change the launcher?
                Yeah there is definitely an issue with those new Alfawise from GearBest - Tested about 8 diff roms
                only 1 didn't give me problems. Apps crash, loops , freezing . Tested both SC roms, even new atv ons, same problems .. Even tried a plain customized one, freeze .
                Gonna try to open the ones and compare with what I got around ... or they go in the bin

Comment

@ wunga - Did you try bouncing back to any of the Android 6 roms? That's what I did. Box much more stable.

Comment

Yeah there is definitely an issue with those new Alfawise from GearBest - Tested about 8 diff roms
                    only 1 didn't give me problems. Apps crash, loops , freezing . Tested both SC roms, even new atv ons, same problems .. Even tried a plain customized one, freeze .
                    Gonna try to open the ones and compare with what I got around ... or they go in the bin
                    Don't understand your comments very well, but my English is also not so good. My experience is that: since I installed SCV6 rom my box does not freeze more. Before this happened everyday with the original rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
                      @ wunga - Did you try bouncing back to any of the Android 6 roms? That's what I did. Box much more stable.
                      Hey
                      Yes that's the plan for tomorrow
                      just need to find the rom . got any link for a nice rooted one?

Comment

@ wunga - I really dig superceleron's firmwares. SCV3A-ATV and SCV2-ATV-GT1_Ultimate. Dont get me wrong, SCV6 7.1.2 seemed smokin' fast and I really wanted to use it. But Sling TV, which I pay for, has video problems and a few other apps show symptoms that you posted about. Android 6 is not as snappy, but more stable for my Alf H96 Pro+. Good luck! Hope it works for you.

Comment

wunga - I should clarify, Its not Superceleron's 7.1.2 roms specifically. Its any 7.1.2 rom. Stock or custom that causes problems for some apps on my tv box.

Comment

• scooter2014
                            scooter2014 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No one cares about you going back to six stay there and stop posting in Supers thread then. Thanks. Posts are for people using and issues.

Just noticed this, on SCV4 the task bar has a lamp button and it allows to turn off the blue led on the box but on SCV6 it is the screenshot button, like stock.
                          Was it a lost feature?

Comment

@ chaveiro,
                            Yes to removed feature, discussed 14ish pages back. A lot of reading and sharing.

Comment

@ scooter 2014
                            Not sure what your point is? I saw your post telling people to go back to Android 6 as Android 7 is not stable. Following your lead and trying to help a fellow member out. Sling TV not working properly w/ this rom .

Comment

Working...
                            X