Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.
    I updated the box to SCV4 via usb burning tool and all is fine. This method always works great and first time. Now trying to get SCV7A t install is a problem. I go into settings select local update and the box picks up the zip image fine. It then tries to update but just reboots after a few seconds back into the SCV4. Is this the wrong method or should I be using TWRP from a cold boot to install SCV7A?

Is there a way to convert the SCV7A rom to IMG? I prefer this method of update as it always works and not worried about losing saved data.

Comment

MIne worked like this

1) Select local update
      2) It should find the file and then Confirm
      My box then shut off on its own.
      3) Unplug and then boot into recovery.
      The file will install on its own.

Comment

Hi all,

Received a H96 Pro PLus today and its running 7.1.2. Is this the latest software available?

Comment

Originally posted by robot20 View Post
          MIne worked like this

1) Select local update
          2) It should find the file and then Confirm
          My box then shut off on its own.
          3) Unplug and then boot into recovery.
          The file will install on its own.
          Thanks for your help. For some reason the box wasn't booting into TWRP after unplugging hence the normal boot back into SCV4. Re-flashed the box and your procedure worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper_pipe View Post
            Hi all,

Received a H96 Pro PLus today and its running 7.1.2. Is this the latest software available?
            What latest firmware do you want? Stock or SCV7A which this thread is based on.

Comment

Originally posted by Modelman

What latest firmware do you want? Stock or SCV7A which this thread is based on.
              It came installed with Mediabox Launcher. What are the differences between stock and SCV7A ?

Comment

Just in case anyone cared... I can confirm that SCV 4 then flash OTA to SCV7A will work on an H96 Pro Plus 2GB/16GB box! It is AWESOME! The temps run cooler than Stock and it's a lot more STABLE. Flash, gentlemen, (and any ladies on the forum), you won't be disappointed!

PS -> Do the hardware mods if you have the tools/know-how. Brought my temps down to an average for 34C idle and 40C under load!! WOW!
                -Elo

Comment

Originally posted by Copper_pipe View Post

It came installed with Mediabox Launcher. What are the differences between stock and SCV7A ?
                  Stock roms are OK on the newer releases however a lot of hard work has gone into improving the SCV7A rom making it far superior than anything else I've tried. The good news is Superceleron is often tweaking and debugging his creation making this current release close to perfect.
                  Read this thread and see what others have said regarding the installation and improvements over the Stock variants.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloquence View Post
                    Just in case anyone cared... I can confirm that SCV 4 then flash OTA to SCV7A will work on an H96 Pro Plus 2GB/16GB box! It is AWESOME! The temps run cooler than Stock and it's a lot more STABLE. Flash, gentlemen, (and any ladies on the forum), you won't be disappointed!

PS -> Do the hardware mods if you have the tools/know-how. Brought my temps down to an average for 34C idle and 40C under load!! WOW!
                    -Elo
                    Also working fine on the Banggood H96 pro+ 3/32Gb boxes.

Comment

I’m smelling v8 is coming

Comment

I'm pretty sure my power supply is FUBAR. I'm going to buy on **** (I like paypal).
                        My original power supply is 5 v 2.5 A
                        Should I upgrade to a 3 A or 4 A power supply or just order the same as original.

Comment

Originally posted by robot20 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure my power supply is FUBAR. I'm going to buy on **** (I like paypal).
                          My original power supply is 5 v 2.5 A
                          Should I upgrade to a 3 A or 4 A power supply or just order the same as original.
                          In my honest opinion, too many original power supplies are going bad so I would play it safe and go with at least a 3A and I don't think I have read of anyone who has used the 3A wish they had gone bigger. If you are going to be plugging something into your USB port that is drawing extra power then you might consider a larger one otherwise the 3A should be adequate. It seems like there is an epidemic of these original units going bad lately and being reported on several forums.

Comment

Thanks. 3 A on order.

Comment

For my box scv7a not work properly ...many crash ,i tested last amlogic firmware 10.10.17 and surprise all work without crash ... just can't install all launcher , you can help me ?

Comment

It's more about the quality of the power supply rather than its rating. A cheap 3A one will probably blow before a quality 2.5A one that is rated at constant current rather than peak.
                                If you're not going to plug in lots of USB hhd's then the lower amp rating is fine. Not had a power supply pop yet on my 3 Banggood H96 pro+ boxes however I'm only using USB sticks and SD cards so minimal current is being consumed.

Comment

Working...
                                X