Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Nop... if anyone wants to program it be my guest i just dont do it.. i have already to much work as it is!
    It´s a pitty, but ok, i understand you.

I tested the last time a lot of roms in different devices, tv-box, tablet and handy, all Android 7. But there is no rom, which shows the real cpu temperature in statusbar.like the battery % for example already exists.

And this temperature is very important to control, specially in our tv boxes which have big problems with heating and freezing. And not all persons want and can make modifications in the hardware to cool.

I would also give more informations about the reasons of the heating to check the temp during using the different apps like Kodi, Netflix Terrarium, youtube a.s.o.

Not necessary to do it, I found in the app-settings to show it.
    Last edited by tombraga; 10-23-2017, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

It´s a pitty, but ok, i understand you.

I tested the last time a lot of roms in different devices, tv-box, tablet and handy, all Android 7. But there is no rom, which shows the real cpu temperature in statusbar.like the battery % for example already exists.

And this temperature is very important to control, specially in our tv boxes which have big problems with heating and freezing. And not all persons want and can make modifications in the hardware to cool.

I would also give more informations about the reasons of the heating to check the temp during using the different apps like Kodi, Netflix Terrarium, youtube a.s.o.

Not necessary to do it, I found in the app-settings to show it.
      Care to describe how? I would also like to see it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ace310 View Post

Care to describe how? I would also like to see it. Thanks
        Install CPU Monitor, open the app, go to settings and enable status bar floating window and CPU temperature, then should appear in center of statusbar

And you can also activate an overheating alarm, I choosed 62 C to test. But not achieved yet, installed the app only today.

Comment

Is there any solution for green screen in web browser video playback? v7A

Comment

Wrong thread. Sorry, my mistake.
            Last edited by temperdu; 10-24-2017, 11:53. Reason: Wrong thread. Sorry, my mistake.

Comment

Ace310 could you install the CPU Monitor app? the link from play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ng.stark&hl=en

In this way we can control always the cpu, even opened apps like Kodi, Netflix a.s.o
              so we can check better, which apps create higher cpu temperatures.

It´s easy to enable and disable in settings.
              my example: Kodi app (today came the 17.5 update )

Comment

tombraga Dude! You're certainly modded 'cause I get average 70 degrees on SCV7a just by watching something on kodi. I guess I'm lucky to live in a place where the average temperature is 15 degrees otherwise the box would be burning. The only workaround I've tried without nodding the box has been using a laptop cooling pad and it lowers the Temps around 15 degrees.

superceleron Thanks for your great work. On my end everything is smooth, crash free and force closes free. The only thing that doesn't work is Chrome video playback. I mean on my other Android devices (oneplus 3 and galaxy note 10.1 2014) I can watch videos straight from the browser but on my h96 pro plus I can't.

Comment

Ace310 could you install the CPU Monitor app? the link from play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ng.stark&hl=en

In this way we can control always the cpu, even opened apps like Kodi, Netflix a.s.o
                  so we can check better, which apps create higher cpu temperatures.

It´s easy to enable and disable in settings.
                  my example: Kodi app (today came the 17.5 update )

Thanks. Got it working. Max temp I can see was upto 60'C.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizen View Post
                    tombraga Dude! You're certainly modded 'cause I get average 70 degrees on SCV7a just by watching something on kodi. I guess I'm lucky to live in a place where the average temperature is 15 degrees otherwise the box would be burning. The only workaround I've tried without nodding the box has been using a laptop cooling pad and it lowers the Temps around 15 degrees.
                    Try to keep the bottom cover open, That's what I have done without any other mods and I am getting around 60 on Kodi with 1080p playback. I have totally removed the cover and kept the box upside down on back of my tv, as I don't use IR remote.

Comment

Try to keep the bottom cover open, That's what I have done without any other mods and I am getting around 60 on Kodi with 1080p playback. I have totally removed the cover and kept the box upside down on back of my tv, as I don't use IR remote.
                      Thanks mate for the advice. TBH the upside down thing does really help. With no fan from the cooling pad, it is around 57-60 degrees stable on streaming with kodi or YouTube. Don't know if this impacts wifi since I use my box wired. I mean with SCV7A WiFi is 80% better than stock, but I was getting a lot of buffering on kodi with real-debrid so decided to go wired and speeds are super stable. The difference is noticeable, with wifi my speed would vary around 15 to 18mb, whilst wired I get the full 25mb, which is my contracted speed.

PD just for comparison wifi on stock was always around 8 - 12 mb. Superceleron's ROM rocks!

Comment

I made a simple mod, cut off the alfa-logo and now the temperature dropped about 10ºC

look here on post #95 in moddings http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-mods/page7

Comment

I made a simple mod, cut off the alfa-logo and now the temperature dropped about 10ºC

look here on post #95 in moddings http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-mods/page7
                          I am aware of that, but don't want to modify the box in case plan to sell it

Comment

I'm new to this fw scv4 img, very pleased but I want to transfer to another laucher such as apex laucher but not so I want to change to another laucher how to do?

Comment

Does anyone know how to use a Xbox 360 controller with this ROM thanks

Comment

Hey guys,

From what I understood, this custom ROM is incompatible with LPDDR3 versions? Am I correct? If so is there any custom ROM for that specific version?

Comment

Working...
                                X