Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@seedless,

The only micro help I could think...Did you select "Flash BootLoader" Android 6(SCV2) --> Android 7(SCV4)?

Comment

@seedless,

There is one other thing it might be but I hate to mention it but have to ask Has the SCV4 Been Modified at all if so by which tool?

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
        @seedless,

The only micro help I could think...Did you select "Flash BootLoader" Android 6(SCV2) --> Android 7(SCV4)?
        Yep. I use a Linux tool so the process is slightly different but I start by nuking the current bootloader:
        ./aml-flash --destroy (Erase the bootloader and reset the board)

I then proceed to flash the complete image including bootloader (bootloader|dtb|logo|recovery|boot|system)
        ./aml-flash --img=firmware/SCV4-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus.img --soc=gxl --wipe --reset=n --parts=all

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post
          @seedless,

There is one other thing it might be but I hate to mention it but have to ask Has the SCV4 Been Modified at all if so by which tool?
          No, it's a valid question and I appreciate any help I can get. I don't give up easily and this is driving me nuts. I downloaded the stock image and haven't modified it in any way.

Comment

@seedless,

And Are you using the Linux update that comes from the khadas git to burn the resulting img file to the player?

I have had inconsistent results using the update depending on the Player and firmware sometimes it works very well and the box is fine other times I get Boot Loops Nothing more than the Boot Logo.

Been on Linux very Long?

Comment

tht

Correct, I'm using the khadas fork of the aml-flash-tool. I had actually setup a Windows box to do the flashing and had all of 0 success after many dozens of tries. I got nothing but checksum errors at different states of flashing (different cables/different boxes/different OS's/different ROMS/different versions of the flashing tool). I only recently realised that I can flash 6.0 Android ROM's successfully so never tried those in the Windows burn tool but probably worth a flash to see if I can get any success with that tool at all.

I should note that I also tried the SD card update method and would get a red X after the update started. I started thinking maybe something is up with the NAND as Android 6 images are smaller, but the fact that SCV4/SCV7 TWRP doesn't work via SD and the version shipped with SCV2 does makes me second guess that. Maybe I'll try writing/reading a bunch of garbage to the chip and reading it back to make sure it's healthy.

I work in embedded systems so I've been using a RTOS/Linux for a good 10+ years. Another Linux fan?

Comment

@seedless,

Under the best conditions it is always best to hold the reset button in then plugin the power supply then connect the usb cable to the box, the 3gb ram boxes seem more prone to this.

I was a Unix System Administrator back in the 90's and I was considered Old then, Unix/Linux 20+ years, Computers 30+ years.

Comment

LOL, way..way past my skill level.
                  (didn't like MS DOS either.)

So..if it seems to have an issue...maybe..try a windows machine.(Yes it may do the same and likely be better...but, It maybe the reason it's not working?)
                  If you can flash SCV2 ..then the board should be capable. My other box is V2.2...Except for YouTube/Chrome video issues, SCV7a runs fine.(HW video acceleration fail issue..returned to SCV1)

Comment

I have an h96 pro but with wifi chip ap 6255. Does any one know which firmware should I install for the wifi to work? I tried many and superceleron among them but wifi does not work and ethernet hungs after 5 minutes.
                    Any help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by koutsouk View Post
                      I have an h96 pro but with wifi chip ap 6255. Does any one know which firmware should I install for the wifi to work? I tried many and superceleron among them but wifi does not work and ethernet hungs after 5 minutes.
                      Any help appreciated
                      What is your ram - LPDDR or not LPDDR?

Comment

Any help appreciated
                        I use the VORKE Z6 Firmware on my Players with the 6255 Wifi Chip it works very well.
                        If happen to have one of the LPDDR Boxes try the VORKE Z6 PLUS or TX9Pro Tanix

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post

I use the VORKE Z6 Firmware on my Players with the 6255 Wifi Chip it works very well.
                          If happen to have one of the LPDDR Boxes try the VORKE Z6 PLUS or TX9Pro Tanix
                          You mean stock firmware ? Can you give me a link ???

Comment

You mean stock firmware ? Can you give me a link ???

This will get you to a list of Boxes Z6 Firmware is what you are looking for.

Comment

I will try this. But is anyone aware of a stock firmware with 6255 WiFi chip ? All I find are with 9377 chip. My box was stock so there is firmware like this. I just cannot find it.
                              For now I use Beelink GT1 firmware and WiFi is working. The thing that is not working is Ethernet that works partially. It is connecting , all ok let’s say for 5 minutes and then no internet. So I use only WiFi.
                              The same problem is happening with librelec also. With stock firmware everything was ok.
                              If anyone has a clue for this please share.

Comment

I will try this. But is anyone aware of a stock firmware with 6255 WiFi chip ? All I find are with 9377 chip. My box was stock so there is firmware like this. I just cannot find it.
                                For now I use Beelink GT1 firmware and WiFi is working. The thing that is not working is Ethernet that works partially. It is connecting , all ok let’s say for 5 minutes and then no internet. So I use only WiFi.
                                The same problem is happening with librelec also. With stock firmware everything was ok.
                                If anyone has a clue for this please share.
                                Is this the H96 Pro or the H96 Pro Plus they are not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X