Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trebor or @superceleron

I would really appreciate some help or advice please Guy`s.

If there is another method to install this OTA update to the box......? Box is loaded ATM with SCV4-Test1-Blue-PCB-H96ProPlus and all is working fine...........Just can`t get this OTA update file to stick....So I need to know of an other methods to install this file as I have exhausted all my avenues and need fresh insight and impetus.

I was thinking of installing this build in increments of versions released ?
    (Not seeing any OTA releases other than the 2 main files for Blue PCB boards on main OP`s 1st page post)... so as to see if this works to get me up to the latest in OTA updates ....would this be possible ? Sorry for the noob questions....But please remember I am relatively new to installing these OTA updates ...That`s not to say ..I don`t know what I am doing....quite the contrary......I am very tech savvy ...Just need a little helping guidance ...Please guy`s....I ALWAYS follow tutorials or instruction to the tee......So ...there must be just a slight glitch in my works somewhere which I need to iron out .....Hopefully.

Thank you for any help or advice you may offer.

Best Regards,

Edit Update:

I am absolutely shocked that this type of this happens...... The problem I was experiencing was I believe some sort of nefarious corruption on the download zip OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus file from Google browser..... I am 100% sure.
    I had this file downloaded yesterday and did the full MD5 check ...Everything was fine after numerous failed attempts to get this OTA update to stick...even though I knew I was doing everything correct.......it still would not work.
    I spent many hours of F@@king around and trying different methods ....All of them failing...I then decided to re download the file again...Same file from Google and experienced the same problems....Which caused more stress, heartache. and pain.

I took a few hours rest to clear the grey cell (not many left after f@@king with this box) and gave it another bash continuing where I left off hours earlier.......The same garbage and pain..
    I was Actually about to call time for today....Then I decided to download the OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus file again
    But this time I used Microsoft edge browser and once I had set up everything to. decided to give it another bash with this file.
    BOOMIO!!! it installed and loaded fine 1st go and I had finally rid the Android splash screen freeze that had been plaguing and tormenting me for so many moons.

Method used: (which had been performed numerous times previous with nefarious google zip without success)

I place the full Zip OTA file on USB FAT-32 Defaults formatted in windows 10 Pro. Then Booted to TWRP recovery via the Recovery button power method and placed the USB in USB OTG port in the Android Box.
    Brows TWRP Select drive and load USB ZIP ....I had to use a USB Mouse to swipe to install and TWRP did it`s magic.... I then swipe again to clear cache davik etc as TWRP recommends with prompt and then it rebooted and the Box booted up and installed the updates with Android logo icons.

I can now eventually set this box up for my Daughter ......Dam I actually purchased this for her nearly 2 Christmas ago and still had not set it up for her She had been bugging me lately to get it set up..So I really had to make the effort for her.. .

I am quite sure this box with the Superceleron ROM will feed her needs and I can Only thank the creator for his Outstanding work and contributions to the scene. A Big Thank You Sir.

1 question: I would like to ask people is....What the best way to create a full backup image ? Once I have it setup as I need...Possibly TWRP ? Any feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks Guy`s ...I `am off to recharge and recoup what Brain cells I have left after this marathon tussle.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by polosolo; 08-21-2019, 07:46.

Comment

I am absolutely shocked that this type of this happens...... The problem I was experiencing was I believe some sort of nefarious corruption on the download zip OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus file from Google browser..... I am 100% sure.
      I had this file downloaded yesterday and did the full MD5 check ...Everything was fine after numerous failed attempts to get this OTA update to stick...even though I knew I was doing everything correct.......it still would not work.
      I spent many hours of F@@king around and trying different methods ....All of them failing...I then decided to re download the file again...Same file from Google and experienced the same problems....Which caused more stress, heartache. and pain.

I took a few hours rest to clear the grey cell (not many left after f@@king with this box) and gave it another bash continuing where I left off hours earlier.......The same garbage and pain..
      I was Actually about to call time for today....Then I decided to download the OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus file again
      But this time I used Microsoft edge browser and once I had set up everything to. decided to give it another bash with this file.
      BOOMIO!!! it installed and loaded fine 1st go and I had finally rid the Android splash screen freeze that had been plaguing and tormenting me for so many moons.

Method used: (which had been performed numerous times previous with nefarious google zip without success)

I place the full Zip OTA file on USB FAT-32 Defaults formatted in windows 10 Pro. Then Booted to TWRP recovery via the Recovery button power method and placed the USB in USB OTG port in the Android Box.
      Brows TWRP Select drive and load USB ZIP ....I had to use a USB Mouse to swipe to install and TWRP did it`s magic.... I then swipe again to clear cache davik etc as TWRP recommends with prompt and then it rebooted and the Box booted up and installed the updates with Android logo icons.

I can now eventually set this box up for my Daughter ......Dam I actually purchased this for her nearly 2 Christmas ago and still had not set it up for her She had been bugging me lately to get it set up..So I really had to make the effort for her.. .

I am quite sure this box with the Superceleron ROM will feed her needs and I can Only thank the creator for his Outstanding work and contributions to the scene. A Big Thank You Sir.

1 question: I would like to ask people is....What the best way to create a full backup image ? Once I have it setup as I need...Possibly TWRP ? Any feedback would be most welcome.

I Have now done a few Mods to help keep this sucker super cool I hope, I wanted to keep the stock look so just went simple but efficient I believe.
      I remove the old thermal adhesive pad and used a ultra high performance thermal grizzly pad . and just modded the top of the case with a very nice gloss grill which was from a cdrive pc storage case bay... Some pics below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0562.JPG
Views:	1485
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	781740

Name:	IMG_0564.JPG
Views:	1252
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	781741
      Thanks Guy`s ...I `am off to recharge and recoup what Brain cells I have left after this marathon tussle.

Best Regards,
      Last edited by polosolo; 08-21-2019, 14:12.

Comment

Hi Guy`s
        I Have now done a few Mods to help keep this sucker super cool I hope, I wanted to keep the stock look so just went simple but efficient I believe.
        I remove the old thermal adhesive pad and used a ultra high performance thermal grizzly pad . and just modded the top of the case with a very nice gloss grill which was from a cdrive pc storage case bay... Some pics below.

Name:	IMG_0562.JPG
Views:	1225
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	781745

Name:	IMG_0564.JPG
Views:	1226
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	781746
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0566.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	781744

Best Regards,

Comment

I have a question..Please .
          I have installed the main image (Blue Board) then installed the OTA zip via TWRP , So now I am the latest build update....
          One thing I have noticed is .........I can no longer get into TWRP via the pressing the reset and plug in power .? is this normal now ? or do I have to do something to enable TWRP now............Sorry if this has been answer previous within this thread..But I could load into TWRP prior to performing the OTA zip.............So has something changed with TWRP after the OTA update.
          Thanks for any help Guy`s.

Best Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by polosolo View Post
            I have a question..Please .
            I have installed the main image (Blue Board) then installed the OTA zip via TWRP , So now I am the latest build update....
            One thing I have noticed is .........I can no longer get into TWRP via the pressing the reset and plug in power .? is this normal now ? or do I have to do something to enable TWRP now............Sorry if this has been answer previous within this thread..But I could load into TWRP prior to performing the OTA zip.............So has something changed with TWRP after the OTA update.
            Thanks for any help Guy`s.
            Best Regards,
            You have downloaded the twrp.img android 7 file from Androidpctv.com ??? Just reinstall the file like the tutorial said. It has been over 1+year since I last tested this firmware, can't remember what was wrong with TWRP, but as long as you have Root access you can re-install the twrp.img again.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

You have downloaded the twrp.img android 7 file from Androidpctv.com ??? Just reinstall the file like the tutorial said. It has been over 1+year since I last tested this firmware, can't remember what was wrong with TWRP, but as long as you have Root access you can re-install the twrp.img again.
              I just made a Full backup Mate! literally 10 mins ago....... Thank you again for your help and support,
              I might have a look at the ATV Rom that superceleron made and see how that looks and feels......This is for my daughter ..So I want to make it as user friendly as possible.

I myself have a Nvidia shield and it`s just Amazing! ...Now even better with the Pie Upgrade Experience.... So if Supercelerons Android TV version is anything like the shields user interface ? Then I might just go with that for my daughter`s Android Box.

Thanks again Mate! for all your time and help.

Best Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by polosolo View Post
                I just made a Full backup Mate! literally 10 mins ago....... Thank you again for your help and support,
                I might have a look at the ATV Rom that superceleron made and see how that looks and feels......This is for my daughter ..So I want to make it as user friendly as possible.
                I myself have a Nvidia shield and it`s just Amazing! ...Now even better with the Pie Upgrade Experience.... So if Supercelerons Android TV version is anything like the shields user interface ? Then I might just go with that for my daughter`s Android Box.
                Thanks again Mate! for all your time and help.
                Best Regards,
                Cheers,
                So you have the Shield with AndroidTV OS that just got updated to AndroidTV Pie OS? That's great, then probably best to buy a device that also has AndroidTV Pie OS so everything you do to your Shield you can duplicate for your daughter at a lower price tvbox with the Mecool KM3 or Mecool KM9 Pro. If your daughter isn't techy and then is possible with H96 if Rooted that she can brick device more easily then with the Google Certified Mecool devices because they don't allow Root. You can keep H96 to play around with firmwares or load a gaming emulator software like LAKKA or a linux based Kodi OS like CoreELEC, or just sell the device to pay for the newer one

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Cheers,
                  So you have the Shield with AndroidTV OS that just got updated to AndroidTV Pie OS? That's great, then probably best to buy a device that also has AndroidTV Pie OS so everything you do to your Shield you can duplicate for your daughter at a lower price tvbox with the Mecool KM3 or Mecool KM9 Pro. If your daughter isn't techy and then is possible with H96 if Rooted that she can brick device more easily then with the Google Certified Mecool devices because they don't allow Root. You can keep H96 to play around with firmwares or load a gaming emulator software like LAKKA or a linux based Kodi OS like CoreELEC, or just sell the device to pay for the newer one
                  Thanks for all your Advice and info Mate.

I have not rooted the the Box yet and think I will leave it as is for now.....I did do a full backup recovery via loading the TWRP recovery. file (V:3.1.1-0) from SD card .
                  Used the recovery.image file which was posted in the link below (post #3) and placed this on the SD card formatted to windows 10 defaults FAT-32, It Booted (pressing reset then applying PSU) straight into TWRP from the box.
                  https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...r-h96-pro-plus

All she really wants the box for is ITV HUB , BBC iplayer , Netflix, YouTube, Google ,and watching a few movies TV Shows etc...Think I will just go with what I have on it ATM and see how she goes with that. Hopefully everything works and it stops acting up or crashing ..as it was doing with the stock Rom.

Thank you again Sir for all your time , Advice ,tips ,and help. I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
                  Last edited by polosolo; 08-23-2019, 15:06.

Comment

I need help
                    H96 PRO + 3/32 green PCB
                    ROM: H96 Pro Plus 7.1.2 NHG47L SCV7A 2017 1008 test-keys

1. Every time the device wakes up from sleep, WiFi is turned off and I have to turn it on manually. It's very bothersome. What can I do?
                    2. Ethernet does not work. I could use it instead of WiFi, but I can't. The system does not see eth0 (ifconfig ?a). Therefore, the interface cannot be enabled.
                    3. Methods with enabling Ethernet via netcfg cannot be performed. I don't have root, so su is not working. netcfg is not detected as a command. What can you do?
                    4. How to make root on this ROM?
                    5. Possibly what other ROM to use to make everything work properly?

DuDuS

PS Is it possible to enter national characters from the physical keyboard (USB)?
                    Last edited by woma123; 09-18-2019, 21:40.

Comment

Support is slowly evaporating due to no upgrade path from Android 7.

@woma123,
                      Is there a version # printed on your PCB?(Just to verify compatibility)

Have you still a connected ethernet cable while using WiFi?

Install Magisk for root. (Sorry have not used this firmware for months)

..Not sure what you mean by national characters...Changing fonts or virtual keyboard may be what you are looking for?

Comment

ReaperMan, thank you very much for your reply.
                        I enclose photos of my device and screenshots.

I flash ROM GREEN PCB SCV4 IMG 7.1.2 and the WiFi problem has disappeared. When the device wakes up, the wlan interface is automatically switched on and connects to the network.

The Ethernet problem still exists. The screenshot shows that ifconfig does not detect the interface. A device connected to the router with a working cable (which correctly supplies the network to VU +). I prefer to use Ethernet rather than WiFi. Maybe the point is that the router has port 100 and H96 1000? The cable connection does not work, if WiFi is turned on.

Where to get Magisk suitable for my device and ROM?

Can root also be done using the method described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...;postcount=740

In Windows, holding the right ALT key and pressing the "s" key receives the Polish letter "ś". On Gboard on Android, by pressing the "s" sign longer, I can choose the Polish letter "ś" from the list. What to do to get the Polish letter on a USB physical keyboard connected to H96?

DuDuS

Attached Files

Comment

Last photo.
                          On the other side of the matherboard there are no markings or stickers.
                          Question.

want to buy the next Android TV Box. What can you recommend for a price of up to 100 euros?

DuDuS
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm still using this ROM. aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_mac-20180409
                            WiFi, Ethernet works. Able to change launcher.
                            See post #8 from when I installed it.

You'll find that file and others in here...
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

HK1 Pro Plus
                            FlowFon F1
                            H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                            MXQ Pro+
                            R-TVBOX Mini+
                            MK809III

Comment

HI

I'am testing:

aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20171129_Shonk.img
                              and
                              aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_KDMC_mac-20170809.img

Original launchers. Ethernet was not working in both roms. Maybe I have something damaged? But I remember that 2 years ago when I bought the device, the ethernet worked. Then I put the device away and found it a few days ago.
                              Will "aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_mac-20180409" change anything? DuDuS

Comment

I've tried them all and "aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_mac-20180409" works best for me. Can't see it fixing an Ethernet problem if it's hardware related. Look in the ethernet port to make sure none of the pins popped out of their slots and are shorting. Maybe check the solder connections between the socket and the board. Other than that not much you can do. I bought 3 new Ethernet cables just recently, they all had intermittent connections and they would connect randomly when the cable was moved around. Not likely your problem but just a thought.
                                HK1 Pro Plus
                                FlowFon F1
                                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                                MXQ Pro+
                                R-TVBOX Mini+
                                MK809III

Comment

Working...
                                X