Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magisk:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
    • Choose latest Beta or stable...yes some versions can be flakey and afterwards updating a good working version can risk corrupting your O.S. (Do not change or try to update root method.. will brick I believe!)
    • If your ethernet worked 2 yrs ago, check ethernet socket for corrosion, try different cables.
    • With your WiFi off, ethernet cable connected reboot, check in your router if the connection is recognized but blocked (MAC address or I.P. range.)
    aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_KDMC_mac-20170809.img is very good. I had better 4K streaming with this firmware, but needs various tweaks to optimize.

Comment

Thank you for help.

I will check the ethernet port. The cable is 100% sporadic, because connected to VU + gives you internet without problems.

If you recommend "aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_mac-20180409" then I will upload it. Only will BeeUI launcher work for me? I like it very much.

I want to kick 2 more Android TV boxes. What do you recommend? up to 100 euros. I want to be able to (for H96) upload any application and change the ROM.

DuDuS

Comment

New Box, prices will drop, and coupons are available on different sites.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-players/s922x
        1. VIM 3 Amlogic 922X / A311D (will need accessories:case- power supply- heat sink)
        2. MINIX NEO U22-XJ (Not available yet)
        3. A95 Max Plus ( needs more reviews)
        4. Beelink GTKing
        Not Amlogic.
        1. Nvidia Shield(new model to be released soon?)

***The H96 Pro+ is powerful enough for everything- except gaming. It does not have an upgrade path past Android 7! ***

As for launchers, I've used Action, Nova, Microsoft's launcher(really good...free).

Comment

HI Why not Amlogic? I was thinking about H96 Pro MAX 4GB + 64GB. Don't you recommend? I don't need a device for games, only for TV, video, music.
          BeeUI suits me somehow. I put tiles on the desktop and everything is easy to use. DuDuS

Comment

Amlogic, has a nicer(?) video image and color quality. Has more support.

Rockchip..no to both. Their end user support is terrible, powerful, without proper fixes= buy something else.

Whatever Launcher make the user experience enjoyable..then use it.

Comment

Originally posted by woma123 View Post
              HI Why not Amlogic? I was thinking about H96 Pro MAX 4GB + 64GB. Don't you recommend? I don't need a device for games, only for TV, video, music.
              BeeUI suits me somehow. I put tiles on the desktop and everything is easy to use. DuDuS
              The H96 MAX with RK3318 is trash, if you are considering that don't waste your money, a 4k Firestick is better then that. The H96 Max with RK3399 is decent and powerful, but no updates and is still on Android 7 ROM with only one custom ROM and is no longer supported by developers or the manufacture.

The recent Amlogic S905X2 or S905Y2 have good power and can stream smoothly and play all the common video types available for under $100, but I would still wait for the new more powerful S905X3 which should start shipping out on October 1st. The S905X3 is untested and will probably have bugs for the first several months till manufactures release firmware updates. Beelink and WeChip have devices on Pre-sale already, example :If you just want a budget device, with average basic performance and somewhat comparable to the H96-Pro+ for computing power, then Allwinner H6 budget 4-core cpu are not bad and at least better then the Rockchip 3318 budget cpu. H96 just released the H96-mini(H6) which can be bought with 128GB storage, the firmware does have flaws of course, but the Allwinner devices do have good video playback for the cheap price.

Comment

HI

Thank you very much for help and information.

I will consider your suggestions and suggestions. Maybe I will wait for S905X3.

I will let you know what I chose and ask for final verification of my list.

DuDuS :-)

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Anyway to modify the homepage to have app shortcuts across the middle?

Comment

Also. Why can't I edit the permissions of the hosts file? Says denied but it's rooted?

Comment

@ Spastro,
                        • For shortcuts across your screen, you'll be needing an app that does this or a launcher that offers this feature.
                        • Google play store has plenty of offerings, some are free or get discounted.
                        • Editing files requires a file explorer/manager that allows for changing file permissions- EsExplorer or similar.
                        • Go trough terminal emulator/ adb shell to modify files.
                        • Ad aware/ antivirus software can restore last known "good" hosts at boot-time.
                        G-Luck

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Although I did use esexplorer and found the hosts file. However cannot edit the permissions without t saying denied. Was trying to use adaway that rights to the hosts file.
                          ?any thoughts as to why I can change it? Was this rom pre rooted?
                          Cheers

Comment

It is rooted, you can use Magisk (SuperSu was problematic?)
                            Have you selected root option in EsExplorer. If you press and hold the root option, a new window will pop up asking what directories you want R/RW.

Comment

The root option under tools? Says it can't be activated 

Comment

And SuperSU says root undetected 

Comment

Working...
                                X