Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTA server not working? I've been trying last a few mins for updates. Installed V1, trying to update further. Should I just download to USB and then flash?

Comment

Originally posted by amitabh15v
      OTA server not working? I've been trying last a few mins for updates. Installed V1, trying to update further. Should I just download to USB and then flash?
      Yes the server doesn't work you need to download it yourself and flash it with that app

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

if everything is ok then yes is final
        About android tv v1.. you need to spoof the box as mibox.
        and how can I do that??? if a short guidance you could give me , I will do it on my own , Don't wanna burden things up on you... Now after the final release I will be using the normal version. So please one more favor needed if you can guide me how can I install YouTube for TV version 1.0 for playing 4k videos... Thanks a ton...

And I will be back with the result of this firmware soon..Started downloading

Comment

Here, i joined all in to 1 settings again! : http://freaktab.org/9d9b89114dd851bb
          YES!
          Passthrough works now on HDMI as expected on Kodi / SPMC (17a10).
          Dolby Atmos 7.1 - received as Dolby TrueHD 3/4.1 (my 10 year old receiver does not know Atmos - new receiver is waiting for other components), so OK PASSED
          Dolby Digital+ 7.1 - received as Dolby D+ 3/4.1, so OK PASSED
          Dolby Digital+ 5.1 - received as Dolby D+ 3/2.1, so OK PASSED
          Dolby Digital 5.1 - received as Dolby Digital 3/2.1, so OK PASSED
          Dolby Digital 2.0 - received as Dolby Digital 2.0, so OK PASSED
          I do have one particular E-AC3 file somewhere, that I wanted to test, but I could not find it now - I'm sure it will PASS.

DTS-HD MA 7.1 - received as DTS-HD 3/4.1, so OK PASSED
          DTS-HRA 5.1 - received as DTS-HD 3/2.1, so I'd say PASSED (have not tested this on other HW or can't remember, but DTS-HD is OK for me)
          DTS-HD MA 5.1 - received as DTS-HD 3/2.1, so OK PASSED
          DTS-X 11.1 (Mediainfo states: Channel(s): Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels) - received as DTS-HD 3/4.1. Android does not support this anyway and my receiver does not support it either, so PASSED ;-)

LPCM 7.1 - Transcoded to AC3 5.1 by Kodi (in purpose - I have settings like this) - received as Dolby Digital 3/2.1. Android does not support LPCM (supports? 2.0, but nothing above this), so PASSED

I did not test AAC, because there is no passthrough available for this.
          I did not check FLAC - no passthrough available and current receiver does not support it anyway.
          There were some DTS-HD movies, that Kodi/SPMC reported as 7.1 (kodi bug?), but they are actually 5.1 and received as DTS-HD 3/2.1, so everything is OK there.

LibreELEC acts the same way (did not test LPCM - do not care about that).

And amcodec (on SPMC 17a10) decodes videos almost as well as LibreELEC does (I'd say 99% ;-)).

So, thanks again superceleron, now your FW is truly super! I'll have to send some "coffe" to you later on, so you can spend additional sleepless hours doing this exceptional work for us!

PS - do not use the MoviePlayer in Android - its completely useless. I will try to figure out if MX Player is also useless sometimes later on...

Comment

Superceleron ... this is really a fantastic ROM congrats

Comment

superceleron It works passthrough works on KODI 17 as expected.. Kindly make an official release for normal version as well

Comment

An officilal IMG and an OTA I hope ... I have already installed SCV2

Comment

Hi superceleron,
                  First of all thanks for sharing Great rom, We have Alfawise H96 Pro+ TV Box DDR3 3gb Ram 64 GB ROM with Android 7.1
                  (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_679359.html)
                  this ROM support this?

Comment

Dear community, could someone please advise if this ROM is compatible with my 1 hour old device?
                    Details below (I have no idea if it has ddr3 or ddr4 memory, any idea how to determine that?):

System (Android 7.1.2)
                    Model H96 PRO+
                    Manufacturer Amlogic
                    Device q9377
                    Product q9377
                    Brand Amlogic
                    Android Version 7.1.2
                    API Level 25
                    Build ID NHG47L

Processor (AArch64)
                    Processor AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
                    Cores 8
                    Max Frequency 1512 Mhz
                    Instruction Sets arm64-v8a,
                    SIMD Instructions Not Supported

Memory (2749 MB)
                    System RAM 2749 MB
                    JVM Max Memory 192 MB
                    Internal Storage 26336 MB
                    External Storage 26336 MB (Emulated)

EDIT: Works :-) Flashed the .IMG to SD card, booted in recovery and it installed. Now going to install the OTA (via TWRP?)
                    EDIT2: OTA flash via System-->Update menu worked fine as well.

Donated!
                    Last edited by straumli; 09-06-2017, 15:09.

Comment

Ok thks for the test im going to rls the SCV3 in a few hours!
                      The ones that are already in test build leave it, it will be final so you dont need to update it

Comment

Ok thks for the test im going to rls the SCV3 in a few hours!
                        The ones that are already in test build leave it, it will be final so you dont need to update it

SCV3 Support Alfawise H96 Pro+ TV Box DDR3 3gb Ram 64 GB ROM with Android 7.1?

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_679359.html)

Comment

what is the best way to get root access on this build? i tried supersu via twrp, installed, but seems not to work. Tried Kingo Root, stops at 90% with error. Any ideas?
                          i like to have root access to modify the remote.conf

BTW, i m using a S10 TV Box, OTA updates only worked when first boot twrp and then mount die SDCard and do a manual update. With update from Android or with reset button and SDCard plugged in, screen goes black. Only way to restore it then, is to use USB Burning Tool.

AND THANKS FOR YOUR WORK SUPERCELERON! Great job so far!

Comment

Hello superceleron. Last night I tried going back again from 6.0 ATV rom to 7.1.2 SCV2 rom. It worked for some time while I watched Netflix and it has now started to hang again at boot logo or sometimes it will boot up to launched and I will get force close messages of multiple apps and it will reboot. I haven't been able to get far enough to check temps. It doesn't seem any hotter to touch than when running 6.0. so for now I've reverted back again to 6.0 that works fine no problem. I'm on h96 pro+ 32/3gb. As far as I know it's ddr3. I have had this since December 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by amitabh15v View Post
                              Hello superceleron. Last night I tried going back again from 6.0 ATV rom to 7.1.2 SCV2 rom. It worked for some time while I watched Netflix and it has now started to hang again at boot logo or sometimes it will boot up to launched and I will get force close messages of multiple apps and it will reboot. I haven't been able to get far enough to check temps. It doesn't seem any hotter to touch than when running 6.0. so for now I've reverted back again to 6.0 that works fine no problem. I'm on h96 pro+ 32/3gb. As far as I know it's ddr3. I have had this since December 2016.
                              Well dunno what can be your problem m8
                              My box come from factory with problems, it wont start with the remote when you shutdown, also in shutdown mode it gets hot really hot lol and now the ports are dying of all my unplug and plug again on rom making.... so... the hw is not that great on this boxes on the earlier hw revisions like yours and mine, dunno the newer ones!

Comment

The ROM is great!

The only problem I have is Live Channel has no sound with HDHomerunner tuner.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X