Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came to the forum a few days ago trying to find a solution to my H96 continuous crashing. After many hours reading I decided to give this ROM a go and I can say that after 20 or 21 attempts I finally got it working using the uSD card method. I never did get USB burn tool to recognize my box. Anyway, I got the OTA update done and now I'm going to sit down and enjoy the fruits of my labour. Thanks a lot to superceleron . I'll be buying you a beer or 2.

Comment

Hi I have a H96 Pro Plus. Black board. CZ-S32-V6.1. I cant install firmware. "Low power" error at %25 on usb burning tools. Help me please.

Comment

Originally posted by mesutpeker View Post
      Hi I have a H96 Pro Plus. Black board. CZ-S32-V6.1. I cant install firmware. "Low power" error at %25 on usb burning tools. Help me please.
      Have you tried to install it with an SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by Lacix View Post

Have you tried to install it with an SD card?
        No. How can I install with SD card ?

Comment

Originally posted by mesutpeker View Post

No. How can I install with SD card ?
          H96 Pro Plus Firmware Upgrade To Android 7.1 - https://wp.me/p7Izmk-iMGearBest - http://shrsl.com/14fbg GeekBuying - http://shrsl.com/15oqa Banggood ...

Comment

What can be done to get a full version of the Google Play Store? Additionally, I am unable to load my launcher. I set it as default but keeps going back to the Android TV version.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton.harry View Post
              What can be done to get a full version of the Google Play Store? Additionally, I am unable to load my launcher. I set it as default but keeps going back to the Android TV version.
              1. What do You mean as "full"? You should have full AndroidTV Play Store. For nonAndroidTV Play Store You have to have nonAndroidTV rom. That's why I always say that normal Android rom is better - there are less useful apps for ATV, so it's easier to update them manually (using ApkMirror).
              However one of the ways to access Play Store for normal Android is to install Yalp Store (or Aurora Store which is Yalp with material design) and in its settings choose spooffing of a different device. App allows to log in with own Google account so paid apps can be accessed.
              2. That's how the ATV works. Google blocked usage of unofficial lsunchers. HALauncher has an option to force it being a defsult launcher. Other may not have it. Maybe disabling/freezing/removing Leanback Launcher will help?
              ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Thanks. I wanted to run your ROM because of the speed benefits. Due to the software that I use on my tablets and phones I also require it to be present on my boxes. I have not had this problem save for Android 6.x for CSA93 which had major issues (aside from malware - that exists on all Android TV boxes with "Wireless Updater" app). I had found an acceptable platform using H96 Pro Plus ROMs on my box. With them I only had issues with YouTube and a weird buffering issue (not playing after ads, stalls with circle wait at beginning of videos, etc).

I tried your so now I'm back on the CSA93 firmware and getting back to near where I need it to be. Perhaps you could look at what makes your ROM different from the CSA93/H96. Anything that allows me to use my box as a workstation is always a good option. Otherwise it's back to Linux for me. ... Not that I didn't like Linux. I simply don't like having to deal with different software on different platforms to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton.harry View Post
                  This is the android tv version.. if you want to use custom launchers it would be better to use celeron's other rom, sv7a

Comment

Hello,

The rom works well for me on my LPDD3 3/32 box (H96 Pro+) so thank you for all your efforts!

I can't seem to get Atmos passthrough working - I have the box connected directly to my receiver and DTS audio works well so passthrough overall is working, but when I try to play an Atmos-enabled HD file, it goes as PCM to the receiver. I've set HDMI RAW in the Android settings and made sure that FTMC and Kodi have passthrough enabled for all options. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by changing "Output Configuration" from Optimized to Best Match. At that point I received the ability to flag the receiver as TrueHD in the settings.
                    Last edited by headshotbg; 02-08-2019, 17:52.

Comment

Hello everyone I have this beautiful rom for a long time now and I find it really very good !!! now I would like to update the integrated chromecast to the latest version available on apkmirror but it conflicts with the present one, I should uninstall it right? If you exactly which app? Thank you

Comment

hello i m french and i not resolve the problem of app MYCANAL since six month this application detect if the box is rooted and when i try any channel the video figged

and i dont arrive with app root explorer to find file SU for modified

i try too magisk is idem

is there any people french resolve this problem

Comment

Android 8.0 ? Update please.

Comment

Originally posted by headshotbg View Post
                            Hello,

The rom works well for me on my LPDD3 3/32 box (H96 Pro+) so thank you for all your efforts!

I can't seem to get Atmos passthrough working - I have the box connected directly to my receiver and DTS audio works well so passthrough overall is working, but when I try to play an Atmos-enabled HD file, it goes as PCM to the receiver. I've set HDMI RAW in the Android settings and made sure that FTMC and Kodi have passthrough enabled for all options. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by changing "Output Configuration" from Optimized to Best Match. At that point I received the ability to flag the receiver as TrueHD in the settings.
                            You can get it to work, but t requires the Atmos module installation in magisk. Only one of the 4 available works. Once I found it breaks DTS, I removed it. I recommend buying a good AVR with Dolby decoders built in. I use mine to decode Dolby as the channel surround with voice in center. The final stage of processing mixes it into 7.1 channel with Aurial Sound when enabled, just like Atmos but better. When DTS kicks in Dolby automatically turns off. Atmos us another name that Dolby coined to make us think they upgraded the sound invironment. Old tech recovered by newbie audiophile generations.

Another option is used audiophile equipment. Like a maridian or lexicon DTS processor. They are old now with only THX certification but will block the doors off of any new Atmos reciever decoder. Like they were designed back in 2000. Or mess with stereo to 3D surround sound with Q Sound technology. Pretty impressive as you get a high definition 3D effect even with old non Atmos encoded music and action movies. It was developed back in 1992 and commercially added to many DVD players, stereos, recievers, and portable devices. Or go way back in to 1974 and be retro... Quadraphonic sound decoder by true Dolby analog decoders.

Comment

Anyone know if the VPN in the network connection works on this Firmware?

Comment

Working...
                              X