Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO Dongle 2Gb/8Gb - SCV1-ATV 7.1.2 ( ANDROIDTV VERSION )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrVlikhell View Post

Well the custom rom I'm using now, which I flashed with TWRP, is working pretty well, so I may not need to flash another.
    Which is what

Comment

Poison Rom by Ricky Divjakovski, it's good, and TWRP flashable, I prefer these builds though.
      Originally posted by urbanman2004

Which is what
      Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

superceleron once again, thank you for both these builds for the lil firestick killer!
        Im getting a gapps error in TWRP "error 20"
        I'm trying to flash newest gapps arm64 TV stock build.
        I have removed all apparent Google apps from system and data first also.
        Android TV remote service not working at all either.
        The "normal" version is very stable, just no widgets support without using squarehome 2, but this is very easily fixed by the user by just adding a single file in the system.
        I know this must get boring but I was wondering...
        These little sticks are still the best sticks on the market, proper firestick killers and still selling like hotcakes! Could we possibly get a SCV2 please!??????
        Your H96 BOX builds are amazing also and are updated alot.
        Mainly the TV version really as the "normal" version is stable AF! But this one's dated thank you superceleron

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.S View Post
          Poison Rom by Ricky Divjakovski, it's good, and TWRP flashable, I prefer these builds though.

Could you link me where I could find the correct ROM on this site.

---EDIT---
          Never mind found it here

S/N: How does the wifi work with that ROM... It's terrible on superceleron's
          Last edited by urbanman2004; 09-05-2018, 04:40.

Comment

The weak intermittent wifi functionality while using this ROM makes my device unusable for me

Comment

Could you link me where I could find the correct ROM on this site.

---EDIT---
              Never mind found it here

S/N: How does the wifi work with that ROM... It's terrible on superceleron's
              Rickys Rom doesn't change the /system. it is dirty flashed on top of any working Rom i.e... flash on top of stock firmware, gain.
              Or flash on top of superceleron's, gain.
              It is only flashable as it also uses your original kernel too, it may help, can't hurt to try as no need to wipe anything just flash from TWRP,
              Superceleron's build isn't the problem, it is fine for me and others, honestly I think you have a bad stick with defect.
              But if you want to IMPROVE the signal for free then check out my post on the "normal" version of this ROMs thread, it's near the end, I have posted how to make an external antennae simply by pulling the existing antennae wire out of the case and wrapping round a piece of wire to fashion a 2-3 inch external antennae for free! Big improvement! I have included a step by step....and also a top vent too for cooling as these get hot! No more for me now!!
              Took half hour to do both.

Comment

Rickys Rom doesn't change the /system. it is dirty flashed on top of any working Rom i.e... flash on top of stock firmware, gain.
                Or flash on top of superceleron's, gain.
                It is only flashable as it also uses your original kernel too, it may help, can't hurt to try as no need to wipe anything just flash from TWRP,
                Superceleron's build isn't the problem, it is fine for me and others, honestly I think you have a bad stick with defect.
                But if you want to IMPROVE the signal for free then check out my post on the "normal" version of this ROMs thread, it's near the end, I have posted how to make an external antennae simply by pulling the existing antennae wire out of the case and wrapping round a piece of wire to fashion a 2-3 inch external antennae for free! Big improvement! I have included a step by step....and also a top vent too for cooling as these get hot! No more for me now!!
                Took half hour to do both.

You mean here? I was hoping you had images included to help visualize what instructions you had laid out

Comment

A brief step by step, didn't photograph the steps.
                  It is very easy, gently pry open case with a tiny flat head screwdriver or something similar, I used a Stanley blade, start usb end as there is only 2 clips on the end, rest slides off.
                  Slowly take off lid as it is attached to original antennae, turn lid over and pick the sticker off that attaches antennae to lid, now your lid is free to cut vent with a Stanley blade if you choose to, it's fairly soft, just make sure the blade is sharp.
                  The antennae wire is between the usbs, lengthen it by threading it back under the left usb, now your wire is on the left hand side of the left usb and now alot longer than before.
                  The antennae wire has a rectangle metal sticker on the end of it, I trimmed a few tiny strands of old speaker wire to make a thicker wire tube about 2 cms long, this is so you can wrap that rectangle antennae sticker on the end around a small copper wire tube.
                  Now heat up a pin or Stanley blade and press it a few mms into the left hand side or the lid so you can just get the antennae wire through so now you can close it up and you have an external antennae
                  Not much to go wrong here really
                  Really was quite simple

You mean here? I was hoping you had images included to help visualize what instructions you had laid out

Comment

A brief step by step, didn't photograph the steps.
                    It is very easy, gently pry open case with a tiny flat head screwdriver or something similar, I used a Stanley blade, start usb end as there is only 2 clips on the end, rest slides off.
                    Slowly take off lid as it is attached to original antennae, turn lid over and pick the sticker off that attaches antennae to lid, now your lid is free to cut vent with a Stanley blade if you choose to, it's fairly soft, just make sure the blade is sharp.
                    The antennae wire is between the usbs, lengthen it by threading it back under the left usb, now your wire is on the left hand side of the left usb and now alot longer than before.
                    The antennae wire has a rectangle metal sticker on the end of it, I trimmed a few tiny strands of old speaker wire to make a thicker wire tube about 2 cms long, this is so you can wrap that rectangle antennae sticker on the end around a small copper wire tube.
                    Now heat up a pin or Stanley blade and press it a few mms into the left hand side or the lid so you can just get the antennae wire through so now you can close it up and you have an external antennae
                    Not much to go wrong here really
                    Really was quite simple

Alright, so based on your instructions will I need to do any other cosmetic modifications to it such as 'altering the chassis' to make this work aside from the internal antennae wires.

Comment

Alright, so based on your instructions will I need to do any other cosmetic modifications to it such as 'altering the chassis' to make this work aside from the internal antennae wires.
                      i made the vent, you can if you choose to.

But as for the antennae the only altering of chassis is a melted groove deep enough for a wire on the left side of the lid, hot sewing pin will do so no need to cut.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. It runs well and the wifi seemed to be better. I know his ROM is supposed to keep the stock WiFi and Bluetooth drivers, but that script wasn't working on my device so it kept installing incompatible Bluetooth drivers. That means it may have also installed some other Wifi drivers, which would explain why my device stopped dropping WiFi on that ROM. Or maybe it was something else. However, I would like to have Bluetooth available so I went back to the stock ROM and Lighthome launcher.

I'd still like to try Supercelerons ROM, but I can't get the burning software to work on this computer.

Comment

i made the vent, you can if you choose to.

But as for the antennae the only altering of chassis is a melted groove deep enough for a wire on the left side of the lid, hot sewing pin will do so no need to cut.

Alright, I'll try it out in a few days when I get the chance. For the last couple of days I've been trying to salvage a Windows OS drive which is unrelated and it has been taken up some of my free time

Comment

Originally posted by DrVlikhell View Post

Yeah, that's the one. It runs well and the wifi seemed to be better. I know his ROM is supposed to keep the stock WiFi and Bluetooth drivers, but that script wasn't working on my device so it kept installing incompatible Bluetooth drivers. That means it may have also installed some other Wifi drivers, which would explain why my device stopped dropping WiFi on that ROM. Or maybe it was something else. However, I would like to have Bluetooth available so I went back to the stock ROM and Lighthome launcher.

I'd still like to try Supercelerons ROM, but I can't get the burning software to work on this computer.
                            Alright. I'll try the soft mod my H96 Dongle by flashing over Ricky's Poison Rom first, and see if that helps before trying out Scott's method

Comment

Hello, I flashed and it works, however, the wifi android remote crashes when I try to connect it to my phone through the android tv remote app. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X