Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO Dongle 2Gb/8Gb - SCV1 7.1.2 ( "NORMAL" VERSION )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after getting off the phone with tech support for my router's manufacturer on 1/25/18, I have concluded that my router was failing on me and that my warranty expired the beginning of 2017 and so I was forced to buy a new router. The new router arrived yesterday (1/30/18) and it seems to have resolved my issue with bad wifi connectivity. See for yourself from the photos of my speed test:

OLD Router
    Click image for larger version  Name:	KOiAXpsl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	706026
    NEW Router
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3857aEIl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	40.2 KB ID:	706027
    Last edited by urbanman2004; 09-05-2018, 23:35. Reason: wrong date

Comment

Even after few hours of use? Most people with "bad WiFi" seems to have it happening after some time of use.
      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

This firmware bricks 100% the newer versions 2/16 of H96 Pro dongle from Gearbest.
        @SuperCeleron: I'd love to have your release on these devices as well, is there a chance you could port it there?
        The PCB is blue like this: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry68661572

Comment

Originally posted by gtdorin View Post
          Hi, i have this dongle https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...le-390198.html and itry to flash the image from this post with USB_Burning_Tool 2.0.8 and i think i erase the bootloader, i have no response when i plug the dongle to the computer, can anyone help me please.
          You could maybe try these steps here but using an official S905X rom instead

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
            Even after few hours of use? Most people with "bad WiFi" seems to have it happening after some time of use.
            Yes, my videos haven't been choppy since then, but it's only been one instance when I was watching "Grown Ups" a couple days ago on Terrarium TV but it resolved itself

Comment

Would it be possible for you to make a port for the H3 S905x version of the stick?

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                Terrarium TV has been choppy for me the last couple of days so after running a speed test today, I noticed my download speed has decreased

Click image for larger version

Name:	o0qawynl.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	708952
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kab89 View Post
                  Is anyone able to add a widget to a launcher as I keep getting settings crash? Any fix?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
                  I too am getting the same issue, have tried multiple launchers but all the same. Anyone manage to get this working or have a fix?

Comment

Yes i k now about the crash, i was going to rls a update but im so full of work that almost dont have time to ......

Comment

Originally posted by predshaw View Post

I too am getting the same issue, have tried multiple launchers but all the same. Anyone manage to get this working or have a fix?
                      I have a few ways to do this first....and easiest way, use squarehome 2 launcher which looks amazing too!!! go to settings and in there is an option to use "android widget picker" tick this and hello widgets and shortcuts! BUT if you were like how i used to be and cant be without Nova launcher etc a few apps work too: "Launcher widget" is great and can squeeze like 100 tiny icons in half a screen etc looks amazing, "popup widget" is great as you can set icons and touch them to reveal a pop up widget which doesnt take up room permanently on screen, "bubble cloud widgets + folders" is the most impressive looking! so good!! and "launchy widget" is another great one.... i have tried them all and im pretty sure this is the definitive list of working options, squarehome 2 or the your own launcher with the mentioned apps from play store UNTIL that is, the MIGHTY SUPERCELERON grants us with an update whenever that very busy droid genius can! HINT HINT!! *flutters eyelids* (an update would be amazing and much appreciated by the huge community this little dongle has amounted) Thank you Mr.SuperCeleron you work is really appreciated by us all!!!!

Comment

OH!!! and guys or SuperCeleron.... i am trying to dual boot ubuntu on this little stick, i have my image on SD ready to go but first i will need the dtb image file "dtb.img" from this firmware first.... PLEASE HELP!!! itching to try ubuntu mate!!!!!

Comment

PEOPLE!!!!!.... if not can someone tell me how to find my dtb.img file from this firmware and ill get it myself PLEAAASE!! been few days now

Comment

Scott.S
                            Try this: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...411#post657411
                            Not whole, as it is thread about recovering device with Amlogic S905x, but it shows what to use to get dtb.img.
                            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y
                              Scott.S
                              Try this: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...411#post657411
                              Not whole, as it is thread about recovering device with Amlogic S905x, but it shows what to use to get dtb.img.
                              And once again.... Chemney saves the day!! Thank you mate! Twice you've helped out now, first when I wasn't getting USB tool to recognise back near Christmas so I could flash this lovely ROM.... And now again! I have literally tried googling everything "how to extract dtb.img" , "find my dtb img file" , "find dtb img from firmware" etc, etc, etc and I have only found 2 terrible answers so far.... A.Try about 20 different unnamed dtb.imgs from the net (on my 10 year old windows 7 notebook would take a day in itself!!) *think its finally time for that upgrade!* OR.... B. Download ADB and android ndk (another 24 hrs! ) and then start a lot of VERY long strings of geeky text, extracting, unpacking, repacking.... .This is the generic way
                              People actually do this apparently!!! but I knew there must've been a simpler way as so many people out there have Linux Armbian on Amlogic already and in the 20 websites I have scoured through (including this one embarrassingly enough!!!) I haven't heard of this being much of a problem!!
                              ....turns out Amlogic have their own customization tool AY!!! Ahhh...That's why it hasn't been much of a problem for people on Amlogic!
                              Thank you again for the help! Ill let you all know how it all goes and post some pics when all is well!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.S
                                And once again.... Chemney saves the day!! Thank you mate! Twice you've helped out now, first when I wasn't getting USB tool to recognise back near Christmas so I could flash this lovely ROM.... And now again! I have literally tried googling everything "how to extract dtb.img" , "find my dtb img file" , "find dtb img from firmware" etc, etc, etc and I have only found 2 terrible answers so far.... A.Try about 20 different unnamed dtb.imgs from the net (on my 10 year old windows 7 notebook would take a day in itself!!) *think its finally time for that upgrade!* OR.... B. Download ADB and android ndk (another 24 hrs! ) and then start a lot of VERY long strings of geeky text, extracting, unpacking, repacking.... .This is the generic way
                                People actually do this apparently!!! but I knew there must've been a simpler way as so many people out there have Linux Armbian on Amlogic already and in the 20 websites I have scoured through (including this one embarrassingly enough!!!) I haven't heard of this being much of a problem!!
                                ....turns out Amlogic have their own customization tool AY!!! Ahhh...That's why it hasn't been much of a problem for people on Amlogic!
                                Thank you again for the help! Ill let you all know how it all goes and post some pics when all is well!

...and I spoke too soon, the amlogic customization tool only works with android versions >6, not working on 7 or 8
                                superceleron please PLEASE attach a copy of this dtb file for me?? Would be appreciated greatly!!

Comment

• superceleron
                                  superceleron commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  i dont get what you need, you need the dtb of my custom rom, or you want to add yours to my custom rom!?
                              Working...
                              X