Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro+ Flashing USB Cable

Hello, 
    I have H96 Pro Plus 3GB/32GB Version. I have seen various Videos regarding the process of flashing the firmware to this Box.
    Flashing the firmware requires a specific type if Male A-A USB Cable, I cannot find one, so can some-one  please guide me how to make it on your own.
    What are the Pin Connections ? Like Pin1-1, Pin2-2, Pin3-3, Pin4-4 or something else ?

Thanks

Hello, Welcome to Freaktab.

I don't have this device, but, as you suspected, it is straight thru, Male A to Male A, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4.

It is a good idea to not make the cable too long, though I have had longer than a meter cable, it worked too.

As usual with DIY cables, a meter should be used to confirm connections. Some cables do not adhere to the standard color codes, so cannot always be relied on.

Comment

just take any 2 usb data cables, cut apart their micro usb end and peel of wires in both . join red wire to red, white to white and other two colours viceversa and thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
        Hello, Welcome to Freaktab.

I don't have this device, but, as you suspected, it is straight thru, Male A to Male A, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4.

It is a good idea to not make the cable too long, though I have had longer than a meter cable, it worked too.

As usual with DIY cables, a meter should be used to confirm connections. Some cables do not adhere to the standard color codes, so cannot always be relied on.
        Thanks,
        I have also done the same, length is also short (about 6 to 7 inch), performed the short test to confirm the connections, but still no response on PC when I connect it.

Seems like it is an issue related to the Power. Probably the USB port cannot supply enough current to power up the Box ?
        When I power up the box using the external supply, Blue light turns on. When connecting via USB Port, The Blue light does lights up but is very dim.
        I am not connecting the external supply, when connecting via USB ? Should I do so ? I hope it will not harm the box, because of 2 5V sources.

Comment

Hello, Not having this device, I cannot offer much in the way of help. You may want to try a manual install of the World Cup driver. The exe can usually be found in the Windows' program folder under Amlogic/World Cup Driver. If you cannot find it, just have Windows search using world cup as the search term.
          Also, use the PC's primary USB ports(motherboard mounted, not case mounted ports). Also, make sure the port's power saving feature is not used.
          I have not tried to add additional power when flashing, so cannot speak to that.

Hope you get it going.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            Hello, Not having this device, I cannot offer much in the way of help. You may want to try a manual install of the World Cup driver. The exe can usually be found in the Windows' program folder under Amlogic/World Cup Driver. If you cannot find it, just have Windows search using world cup as the search term.
            Also, use the PC's primary USB ports(motherboard mounted, not case mounted ports). Also, make sure the port's power saving feature is not used.
            I have not tried to add additional power when flashing, so cannot speak to that.

Hope you get it going.
            Thanks for the support :-)
            I could not get it working. I don't know what was the problem. But I now have purchased a new Male-A to Male-A Cable,
            and with this cable I can successfully connect the box to PC and the box shows up in the Software as well.

Comment

Sorry I could not be more helpful. I am glad you found solution. Not sure why DIY cable did not work.
              Have fun.

Comment

This works very well.
                Search for USB A Male to Male Connector Adapter Compliant with USB2.0 Standard.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This adapter enables you to use a standard phone charger cable.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	adaptor.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	801179

Comment

Working...
                  X