ES File Explorer Send to Lan does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES File Explorer Send to Lan does not work

I have an AW H96Pro+ 3g rom - with SCv7A ROm installed (Blue board - regular android, not ATV)

Everything works well. However when I try to xfer files via ES file Explorer - with the Box being the receiver or sender, it ALWAYS says "sender closed connection"
    Doesnt matter who is the sender or receiver. Wifi connection is always rock steady.

When I break out my Beelink GT1 with Android M (also rooted, modded rom per this site), it works fine

Anyone know what the issue is? Or how to fix it?
    I've tried Using Ethernet and also Wifi, both have the same problem - cannot receive files.

Anyone have this issue ?

Thoughts?

Briefly tried with ES File Explorer pro, did not succeed. My network may not be set up to do what I was tinkering with.(China Box to Phone through USB)
    Send Anywhere apk works on network/internet. Not the solution to your problem, just a different option.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
      Briefly tried with ES File Explorer pro, did not succeed. My network may not be set up to do what I was tinkering with.(China Box to Phone through USB)
      Send Anywhere apk works on network/internet. Not the solution to your problem, just a different option.
      Try using ES file explorer on your fon. then send the file whichever way you want via ES send by LAN (both devices connected to same router). Though, I have not had any luck with Android N and THIS box. My s8 has Android N and it sends to other boxes fine (though they dont have Android N, only older versions)

needs to be an easy solution, as there are other ppl in my fam that just wond send over files if they havs to do too many steps and having them send via ES send to LAN is pushing the numbers of steps to the maxs...which is like 2 steps.

Comment

Don't use ES, I use Solid Explorer Pro, and on SCV7A with a lpddr3 3/32 H96 Pro Plus.

no issues doing file transfers FTP. Don't do Samba, as it is slow and my router is limited to older SAMBA.

I use a mixed network, so wireless to wired transfers fully function.

It may be the router if mixing your network functions. I had to set some advanced features to my router for smoother network functions with Android. Seems like older firmwares have network drop offs with android on wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
          Don't use ES, I use Solid Explorer Pro, and on SCV7A with a lpddr3 3/32 H96 Pro Plus.

no issues doing file transfers FTP. Don't do Samba, as it is slow and my router is limited to older SAMBA.

I use a mixed network, so wireless to wired transfers fully function.

It may be the router if mixing your network functions. I had to set some advanced features to my router for smoother network functions with Android. Seems like older firmwares have network drop offs with android on wifi.
          Can't be my router (Asus RT Router, no mods as it runs awesome). ES Send to Lan just refuses to work with this Box/rom. Box is connected via Ethernet. Iv'e also disconnected the lan and tried to use WIFI. ALL other boxes - from my CX919 (Jellybean), tronsmart draco aw80, tronsmart R68, Beelink GT1 have worked successfully with ES send to Lan - all rooted, all using roms modded from legit developers on this site - SC, RileyRom, Wasser, etc from this site.

I have used Servers ultimate and set up a samba and it works fine. But again, too many steps for family members.

So with Solid Explorer Pro - have to setup FTP server ? This can also be done with ES file explorer. I'm just afraid this will be too many steps to xfer files for family members.
          Is Solid explorer Pro Free, or paid?

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post

Can't be my router (Asus RT Router, no mods as it runs awesome). ES Send to Lan just refuses to work with this Box/rom. Box is connected via Ethernet. Iv'e also disconnected the lan and tried to use WIFI. ALL other boxes - from my CX919 (Jellybean), tronsmart draco aw80, tronsmart R68, Beelink GT1 have worked successfully with ES send to Lan - all rooted, all using roms modded from legit developers on this site - SC, RileyRom, Wasser, etc from this site.

I have used Servers ultimate and set up a samba and it works fine. But again, too many steps for family members.

So with Solid Explorer Pro - have to setup FTP server ? This can also be done with ES file explorer. I'm just afraid this will be too many steps to xfer files for family members.
            Is Solid explorer Pro Free, or paid?
            paid, but it is only needed for root access. The standard version will do fine for network transfers.

The nice thing with Solid Explorer is that it makes a short cut so once you authenticate, and save the credentials, the connection stays available without need to login when needed.

I think ES can do the same, just have not used it to know any better.

You can give FTP a try, it's the only way I found to transfer as fast as your connection will allow, if your hard drive is capable enough to keep up. My router is my media and file server. It can do 80MB/s file transfers with a SATA drive attached.

Samba is great for simple windows to linux file transfers, but I see it half the speed of FTP at best.

Comment

The nice thing with Solid Explorer is that it makes a short cut so once you authenticate, and save the credentials, the connection stays available without need to login when needed.
              I'll give it a whirl. Thx.

But still upset/puzzled as to why ES send to Lan is busted on this Rom.....Right when you think you've got a nice Rom/Box setup - along comes some small quirk that throws that happy feeling out the window...

Plus, is it me, or are the boxes not being churned out as much anymore? Development also seems to have come to a near standstill. Maybe the Fad is dying?

Comment

I use ES, send files from Box to Network Drive with no Issues, wifi or ethernet, thru router,
                Maybe a bodge version of ES you are using

Scan network, finds drives, scan drive to find destination folder, then add to sever list done.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well, development has slowed, mainly because it's summer, and new boxes will be out. Most developers will work with the new releases 1st, to get them better, and eventually go back to the older boxes, to update with improvements.

Most of us now have been settled in to the firmware of choice, that meets our needs. Some are a wee buggy, but livable. Now many boxes have oem updates this year to make a factory build as good as some of the best custom builds of the end of last year.

I bet next year at this time, I will be updated to a possible Oreo build. Mostly because there is no other option for new boxes to make waves for anyone to upgrade to a better box. For some L1 DRM is not enough. So once Oreo hits the bigger and newer boxes, we should see some custom Oreo builds being built for our boxes.

But, if I get around to nailing down a wee issue with phone app compatibility, I may just forget about any other firmware being worth the effort to upgrade to.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    I use ES, send files from Box to Network Drive with no Issues, wifi or ethernet, thru router,
                    Maybe a bodge version of ES you are using

Scan network, finds drives, scan drive to find destination folder, then add to sever list done.
                    IS YOU SERIOUS?!? Can you tell me which version ES File explorer you are using? Pro or cheapo? I am legit with ES, I love it to death.
                    If its just that simple as redownloading ES, I'm gonna eat one of the extra alfawise boxes I have lying around...well, not really.

Wait, I just realized, your description sounds like sending via network - which it does fine. Try sending a file from your fon with Share -> ES Send to LAN to your box. Have ES running on your box.
                    Last edited by spideymon; 09-03-2018, 03:15. Reason: Additional line at the end

Comment

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok that will teach me not read it all properly, next time I fire up a box will have a look see.

Also SC can sometimes remove or disable, sometimes forget or don't like that feature not needed, call it what you will, could be the deal

.... Now many boxes have oem updates this year to make a factory build as good as some of the best custom builds of the end of last year.
                    Then why the heck do I have so many boxes? It seems that whenever a newer version of Android is released, I am looking for a newer box with that version, because I know most boxes are good for 1-2 android releases and thats all the dev thats gonna happen. I cant depend on the Factory updates to be better than what you guys develop here, they usually are never any better and they usually break stuff that you've fixed/gotten working. Look at Tronsmart - great boxes, ok dev...and then they just stopped cold turkey (Punks).

Thx for the input, however.

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post

Then why the heck do I have so many boxes? It seems that whenever a newer version of Android is released, I am looking for a newer box with that version, because I know most boxes are good for 1-2 android releases and thats all the dev thats gonna happen. I cant depend on the Factory updates to be better than what you guys develop here, they usually are never any better and they usually break stuff that you've fixed/gotten working. Look at Tronsmart - great boxes, ok dev...and then they just stopped cold turkey (Punks).

Thx for the input, however.
                      I still have my first tablet that had Jellybean, had only one factory update to Kitkat. Still chuggin along fine, and my purchase to a TV box was to get my tablet back, from being a media server to my TV and other TVs when at a hotel stay.

won't give up my tablet, as I got it just the way I want it, and will find it hard to replace, when it dies.

Comment

Was not there a bug in the share and Android software a while ago, some vulnerability in SMB or one of them protocols
                        Maybe SC disabled at the time Rom was made ?
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I still have my first tablet that had Jellybean, had only one factory update to Kitkat. Still chuggin along fine, and my purchase to a TV box was to get my tablet back, from being a media server to my TV and other TVs when at a hotel stay.

won't give up my tablet, as I got it just the way I want it, and will find it hard to replace, when it dies.
                          LOL. I've got a pipo 7" that does exactly what you mentioned - it has KK as well. The power port has gone bad, so I use the USB to charge - I have a usb dongle plugged into the port to save the wear and tear on the port....

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            Was not there a bug in the share and Android software a while ago, some vulnerability in SMB or one of them protocols
                            Maybe SC disabled at the time Rom was made ?
                            But then wouldn't that keep you from xferring files via network as you have been doing?

How do we ask SC of this? I know he's busy and dont wanna bug him needlessly....?

Comment

Working...
                            X